It Is possible to transfer messi?

On FM 2009 I had both, Messi and Ronaldo in Real Madrid. Paid for Ronaldo something around 80 million pounds, and for Messi something like 45, because he had a minimum fee release clause (it was a version before first update I think). Messi wasn't interested at first, but I gave him the highest contract and signing on fee as I could and he came :D. On that same save I also signed Bojan on a free transfer. Not too realistic game, but it was fun though.

OK its possible but it's incredibly difficult. You need a huge wage budget and the ability to pay more then 100million. In FM 11 I was able to do this by raising my wage budget selling a few people and making sure the overall deal for messi totaled about 115million. It was fun signing him and all, but I still prefer Ronaldo. I also do not recommend trying to sign messi, he gets injured a little more then Ronaldo does and I find he never performs as well either.

No team can afford that! editor? oO)
they can actually, I was doing a save with my own tactis trying to get united out of debt and after each season for 2 years i put all my transfer money back into the club so i got more and more interest, then for 3 years in a row i was given 150 million transfer budget a season

I signed him on my first save, I was City Manager and in my 3rd Season I also took on Argentina Management, i named him my captain and won the World Cup. I shortly became his favoured person, and Guardiola left Barca to manage Spain and I signed him for 78million + 40% of next sale with City, after selling about 5 players lol... a pretty sweet deal as I didn't ever sell him on so got him for just 78mil...

View attachment 220123View attachment 220124

at last, GOTCHA!! 80M for him at peak (ballon d'or,copa best player + 12 months left in contract, dunno wanna wait till 30 yo, too old for me hahaha).these are my steps to get this son of a ****** (even in 2015 but still a pleasure to me!):

1) as always, praise and declare ur interest on him in regular interval like once a month, watch out as him might
turn u off.
2) enhance ur club rep as high as u can (mine above barca of coz), keep winning all the cups.
3) keep watching on argentina managerial post. apply as if possible.once own it, get him to be the captain.
4) lastly, depend on ur luck as u have to check for the agent's attributes. if lucky enough, low agent fee demand
and high patience will easily favour for u. plus dont make the agent dislikes u or else he will make u suffer with
high fees.

next targets : cesc fabregas, alexis sanchez, varane, ozil, pato :)

all the best peeps!

Last edited:
although i didn't have the money i bid 230 mil for him and got accepted as man utd but he wanted nearly 600k contract when i could only offer 250k and even with add ons it wasn't enough

I signed C.Ronaldo for 111 millions (40m-50m in 48 months and 21 after 40 goals),he was unhappy and wanted to leave the club.
Madrid was down to 11th position in december and he told to press tha the team in underachivement.
I praised him many times and then after a big bid i made him a very very strong contract!
Hmm..Messi's contract ends in 30 June 2016,he rejected about 6-7 times new contract that Barca offered him.I was praising him for alot of months(about a year).From January until Aptil i was trying to approach him while his contract is going to expire.His agent was saying always that his client isnt ready to nogotiate.I won my 3rd CL and praised him again after the cl final,he said its everyones dream to play to a team like mine then tried again to approach but he wasnt ready so i decided to bid 40m (48 months).Barca accepted it and i negotiated a strong contract!
ronaldo and messi in same team :D wow...next transfer will be Neymar.I have Schalke in fm btw.
I will post some pics later :) sorry for such big post,i wanted to share my happiness :D
NO CHEATS

no, and why bother. too expensive, and hard to get too. better get other players or even regens with 200 PA as a matter of fact :P

It's a football game and the money isn't really, the way your talking you'd swear you have to sit down and iron out details for hours, make ludicrous bid, accepted, he either wants to enter negotiations or not.

For me and others it's not fun having some ******** regen in your team, the satisfaction of buying global renowned stars is what makes the game. I get bored with regens, unless there from a country I have given great facilities to in editor, then I love seeing a Pakistani wonderkid emerge for example

It's a football game and the money isn't really, the way your talking you'd swear you have to sit down and iron out details for hours, make ludicrous bid, accepted, he either wants to enter negotiations or not.

For me and others it's not fun having some ******** regen in your team, the satisfaction of buying global renowned stars is what makes the game. I get bored with regens, unless there from a country I have given great facilities to in editor, then I love seeing a Pakistani wonderkid emerge for example

and by the time u get messi, u have just wasted 100m on an old man. ;)

Its a football game aiming to be a simulation, hence it will be incredibly difficult to pry him from Barca. So unless you cheat, chances are you cant affored Messi and his wages, nor will he want to leave most of the time

**** messi and ronaldo not wrth the money aguero and neymar just as good

If we are taking about reasonable transfer, as in, Messi still being young enough to play a few years, its only really possible for Man City. At some point in game Messi usually gets into fight with Barca's board about new contract. Thats the moment when you can grab him.

He asks for enourmous wage, and having a lot of success with your club in years prior to that will certainly help.

Edit:

Also, yeah, out of the two, i'd definitely recommend CR7. He might bit older, but also a lot cheaper, plays just as good and doesn't get injured as often, so its more likely that he will actually last few more years.

Last edited:
signed him at the start of my 3rd season for man city he cost 80m

******* Chelsea somehow signed Ronaldo for 40 million on my save and I wasn't even managing them! He was only 28 I think

I have Messi as a first team coach for Everton in 2027/2028... Does this count? :')

I have Messi as a first team coach for Everton in 2027/2028... Does this count? :')

Lol why not. At the end of the day most people are buying messi for his name, they could get a quality regen or amazing player for a third of the money

Back