Italian final 23 men squad announced

sass101

Reaction score
Italian WC squad :

Goalkeepers : Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Morgan De Sanctis (Napoli), Federico Marchetti (Cagliari)
Defenders : Salvatore Bocchetti (Genoa), Leonardo Bonucci (Bari), Fabio Cannavaro (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Domenico Criscito (Genoa), Christian Maggio (Napoli), Gianluca Zambrotta (AC Milan)
Midfielders : Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus), Daniele De Rossi (AS Roma), Gennaro Gattuso (AC Milan), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina), Angelo Palombo (Sampdoria), Simone Pepe (Udinese), Andrea Pirlo (AC Milan)
Strikers : Antonio Di Natale (Udinese), Alberto Gilardino (Fiorentina), Vincenzo Iaquinta (Juventus), Giampaolo Pazzini (Sampdoria), Fabio Quagliarella (Napoli).

Dont know why they picked Pazzini ahead of Rossi :(
apart from that a strong squad very old though

Shame no Del Piero allways loved watching him play.

I still cannot understand why Cassano's not there. Amazing.

Such and old squad, Lippi should have left some useless old players at home and included new young people.

I was gutted when I saw Rossi was not there he is such a class player.....no Cassano 2 but instead old useless players such as Pazzini

No Rossi. :O

So old but there is a lot of quality in there. Not to be messed with.

I was gutted when I saw Rossi was not there he is such a class player.....no Cassano 2 but instead old useless players such as Pazzini

Rossi scored 17 goals in 46 appearances,
Pazzini scored 21 in 38 and helped Sampdoria to finish in the fourth place.

Just that Rossi is good in FM doest make him better than Pazzini in real life.

De Rossi is definetly their best player and I would say that most of the scoring burden will fall on Di Natale

I think Pazzini is one of the best there. However I see a lot of people disagree with me...

What are you talking about
Pazzini is 25 and Cassano is 27

And with all the antics i'm not surprised to see Cassano not being selected.