Italian online- Inter v AC the Rossineri do battle!

csu1992

Reaction score
My friend and I have recently started an online campaign in Serie A and have chosen to be arch rivals! Both inter and ac are going through turbulent times and are in much need of a revival. Now I got the short straw, in being Inter they have no European football and that is reflected in their budget. Although after a board discussion I managed to get ?20m but this was still ?12m less than AC who also had the lure of Champions League football.

Looking through both of the squads they were filled with junk players, but the backroom staffs are amongst the best in the game. Even with the big squads it was impossible for myself to find buyers for some inter players even after offering players for free, this is due to the players being mediocre and being on massively high wages. Therefore Jonathan, kuzmanovic and Mariga only left on loan, though I'll recall them in January and attempt to sell in January window. My friend had a better go in the summer market offloading a few players most namely Montolivo the club captain for 20m and getting rid of his wages 100k/pw to Monaco.

Incoming players-

Inter: Roberto Pereyra 9.75m from udinese
Marcos Rojo 3m from Sporting Lisbon
Enzo Perez 2.5m from Benfica
Rodrigo 9m from Benfica

AC: David Luiz 13m from Chelsea
Doria 15m from Palmeriras
Coentrao 5m from Real Madrid
Sirigu 5m from PSG
Paloschi 2.5m from Cheivo
Guiliano 12m from Dnipro
Cerci 6m from Torino

AC did have the spending power and I was forced to dip into next seasons transfer budget to sign Pereyra who I felt could be a key signing. Rojo was signed as top quality cover for cb/lb and Enzo Perez as cover for midfield positions both were relative bargains. Rodrigo was signed to play predominately as an inside forward who can also play as a striker, never signed him before and have heard conflicting reports about his performance on this website. Pereyra was my minor coup of the window, a young attacking mid who conforms to the tactic I had in mind.
My mate was very happy with his business and rightly so, he had a highly fluid possession bases tactic in mind and signed to strong ball playing cb's. Coentrao was a bargain and makes his defence capable in both facets of the modern game. Sirigu is a top Italian keeper with good leadership stats, cerci another Italian signed up for a relatively low fee. Paloschi was co-owned and his canny stats showed he could be useful up top as a foil for balotelli. Last but not least Guilano signed as an understudy for Kaka.

the overall feeling from this window was that Inter had made some good wheeler-dealerings but possibly overpaid on Rodrigo and Pereyra (not my opinion, hahaha) and AC took advantage of their superior reputation beating myself to the signing of Cerci who I was interested in and signing a number of top European standard players.

is your mate on the forum ? would be good if you both done updates, could be a in interesting twist if you even done it on each other example you as inter manager done Ac Milan updates to give your view of how he's doing and he does vice versa. Just an idea but Paloschi is a great signing if you have any funds left i'd look at some of the young italian stars like Mario Pugliese, Alberto Cerri & Argentinian Rescaldani & malaga you could get him for around about 1mil and hes a great goalscorer for my Man United team!

I've talked Me and Klippy have talked about this for years but never got one going. Watching with interest

I've talked Me and Klippy have talked about this for years but never got one going. Watching with interest

would be a good one, I'd like to see you both doing a Galatasaray or Fenerbache one or River Plate & Boca.