Hernanes

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to play in the serie a, but I didn't really understand the transfer rule which says that I am only allowed to buy 1 non-european player from abroad. Does that mean that I only can buy a non-european player outside of Italy or outside of europe?

thx

Judging by your question i think it means the south American players etc, basically anybody outside of Europe. But someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Just checked rules for serie a in game, and it says team's are only allowed to sign 1 non eu player per season from abroad. So basically players from as i said above, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina etc...

But I'm not sure about player's with duel nationality.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
you can only buy 1 non-eu player from outside Italy each year.

you can buy as many non-eu players based in Italy as you like.

hope that helps

Outside of Europe. So if you buy Brazilian from France who doesnt have European 2nd nationality he counts Foreign.

But if you buy f ex. Paulo Henrique " Ganso" from Santos and as he has Italian 2nd nationality he counts as European.

So you can buy player from anywhere who has european 2nd nationality or nationality and one player who's African, Asian, Brazilian ... etc. per year

Hopefully this helps.

that's one of the worst rules I've ever seen. I often buy a lot of players from Brazil

that's one of the worst rules I've ever seen. I often buy a lot of players from Brazil

In reality it

A. Gives more jobs/wages to italian players
B. Helps the economy and national pride
3. Improves the national team

It's a calculated move and I can't blame them for their decision.

it's good in reality, but in the game it is really bad for me

Judging by your question i think it means the south American players etc, basically anybody outside of Europe. But someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Just checked rules for serie a in game, and it says team's are only allowed to sign 1 non eu player per season from abroad. So basically players from as i said above, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina etc...

But I'm not sure about player's with duel nationality.

Hope this helps.
some country from europe isn't in EU. they count like non eu (croatian, bosnian...)

This rule is why Juventus didn't sign Dzeko, and personally I think this is a contributing factor in the decline of Serie A

You can only sign one player from outside the EU per season. A player still may not qualify even if they're European. Generally when you click to make an offer, it tells you how many you've signed and the limit you're allowed if they're outside the EU.

But if you buy f ex. Paulo Henrique " Ganso" from Santos and as he has Italian 2nd nationality he counts as European.

So you can buy player from anywhere who has european 2nd nationality or nationality and one player who's African, Asian, Brazilian ... etc. per year

Hopefully this helps.

Reading this quote has got me thinking about my save. I'm going to go very slightly off-topic here but this'll save me from starting a new thread...

I'm in the Spanish league and the rules state that you are allowed three non-EU players per squad. But if I buy an Argentinian international player who has Spanish as his second nationality would he count as non-EU or no..?

Reading this quote has got me thinking about my save. I'm going to go very slightly off-topic here but this'll save me from starting a new thread...

I'm in the Spanish league and the rules state that you are allowed three non-EU players per squad. But if I buy an Argentinian international player who has Spanish as his second nationality would he count as non-EU or no..?

counted as EU player ..

In reality it

A. Gives more jobs/wages to italian players
B. Helps the economy and national pride
3. Improves the national team

It's a calculated move and I can't blame them for their decision.

in principle these 3 pros seem good on the outside but they damage the quality of the league as a competition.

For example why not just make the rule that you can sign 3 non eu players per season but only register 1 of the 3 you purchase in the match squad for that year.

Then for example the other two you could send to you parent clubs or to a club abroad to gain nationality for example milan are linked with standard liege so sending him there for two seasons means he will gain belgian citizenship.

econdly why not just make the league rules state you have to field a match day XI of atleast 6 Italians thus ensuring game time and you could go further by stating that of the 6 atleast 2 must be under 21.

and that also a 25 man squad must have atleast 11 italians and of which 6 must be under 21 this then ensures continued development etc.

the reason this crazy rule came in as many peeps know here italy failed miserably at teh world cup in 2002 and in euro 2004 and italian fans and football was in chaos because of it personally i think the 1 non eu rule a season is ridiculous!