It's Football, Not Soccer! An American Adventure

NOVEMBER + DECEMBER
View attachment 181736
Finally! The season is coming to a close with our last three games being played over two months, madness!

View attachment 181735

A poor few games to end the season but we had nothing to play for having wrapped up a mid-table finish many moons ago

View attachment 181734
View attachment 181733
View attachment 181732
An 8-goal thriller to end the season? 8 is an appropriate number considering our season

League Table
View attachment 181731

Sacramento smashed it this season, winning the league quite comfortably, there was a notable gulf in quality between the top 7 or so teams and the rest of the league

Great job making 8th place all yours, hopefully push on next season though

Great job making 8th place all yours, hopefully push on next season though
Cheers mate, hopefully we can keep hold of our best players and push next season, unfortunately the club are in quite a poor financial situation at the moment so I think the best we can hope for is another eighth place

I do have exciting Mexican regens on the way though

IN REVIEW
2016/17 has been a great season for me, I signed my first pro contract as a manager which is earning me $1,000 per week, I equalled Dayton's highest ever league finish and met Donald Trumpet, which was easily in the top 3 most awkward burritos of my life

AWARDS

View attachment 181671

Our three best this season (according to the fans) were Steve Jones, Irakli Khutsidze and Jim Cooks (in that order, here they are, say hi

View attachment 181670
Steve Jones deserved that player of the season award, banging in 19 goals in 31 games in all competitions

View attachment 181669
A close second, Irakli is still on an amateur contract as well! Great business

View attachment 181668
Dayton's answer to Dele Alli! A great all-rounder with bags of potential, I expect to see him in the MLS one day

Louis Greenway-Tambini was our signing of the season and I agree as he bagged 11 goals and 5 assists in 22 games

View attachment 181667

As mentioned, striker Steve Jones was top scorer with 19, Irakli Khutsidze had the highest average rating with 7.37, Dutch winger Etienne Esajas got the most assists with 11 he also won the most man of the match awards with 5, midfield rock Kyle Smith had the highest pass completion with 87%

BEST ELEVEN
View attachment 181664
No surprises here, this was the lineup for most games

View attachment 181663

Onwards and upwards!

View attachment 181662

2017/2018 BEGIN!!

Here we are, my third season in management and I have somehow found myself at the upwardly mobile American third division side, Ohio based Dayton Dutch Lions, lovely stuff!

I'm on a basic wage of $1,000 per week, which is a far cry from my wage-less amateur job at Baltimore Bohemians, who remain mired in the PDL Northeast Division, having finished 8th last season, miles away from my fourth placed finish with them back in 2016.

PRE-SEASON
View attachment 181627
A decent pre-season, 2 wins, a draw and a tight loss to Sporting Kansas City, promising signs, the board have agreed to expand the scouting range from America, Canada and Mexico to the entirety of the continent, exciting times

Transfers I
n
Believe it or not, we here at Dayton have been pretty busy improving the team from last season despite our shoestring budget, we have signed 4 players and they haven't cost us a penny or is that a cent? Oh you know what I mean

Carlos Rivas - 18 years old - Midfielder - Free - Merida
View attachment 181626
Carlos joined us for nothing from Mexican club CF Merida, if we'd signed him without agreeing a fee with Merida, he'd have cost us $64,000 in compensation, luckily we know what he's really worth so we signed him for nothing. He's determined, is a hard-worker and is everything you want in a water-carrier

Gilberto Vargas - 18 years old - Right winger - Free - AR Tuzo
View attachment 181625
A bit of a flair player on the right hand side, he's a decent dribbler, decently pacey and has an ok cross on him, a good footballer on the right he will be vying for that right-wing berth with last season's sensation Irakli Khutsidze who is fast approaching his 30th birthday

Ramon Rojas - 18 years old - Striker - Free - Chinarras
View attachment 181624
A good striker who will probably start p front alongside Steve Jones this season, brought in just as another striker left the side, Rojas is better than the departing goal-scorer so I think it was good business, we snuck Ramon into Ohio just as Mr Trumpet began constructing his wall, I'm surprised he got planning permission for it off the council

Kevin Pinon - 24 years old - Left-winger - Free - Madison 56ers
View attachment 181623
Kevin has been brought in to replace the ageing Etienne Esajas on the left flank, we are only allowed 7 foreign players and I have decided to sacrifice Etienne due o his age and the availability of Mr Pinon, whom we've been tracking for some time

Transfers Out
One big transfer to tell you about, 16-year-old Larry Bruin has left the club to join FC Dallas for $95,000 (excluding clauses)
View attachment 181622
I was surprised that FC Dallas agreed to a deal that could go into more than $100,000, a cheeky sell-on clause too

View attachment 181616 View attachment 181615
He's not as good as Rojas and only scored 4 for us last season, good business in my opinion....

View attachment 181614
Good business in the fan's opinion too! Great stuff

We've rejected bids of $500,000 for Jim Cooks and I have now set an asking price of $1,500,000 for the young midfielder

View attachment 181613

The maximum of 7 foreign players is frustrating when I try to bring in my Mexicans

MARCH
View attachment 181539
Football is back! My second season in charge of Dayton tarts now, how have we done in the first month? Let's find out..

View attachment 181538

We started ok, three draws and a win but most importantly no loss, decent against Orange County who destroyed K-W United 11-0

Results
Dayton Dutch Lions 1-1 Orange County Blues
View attachment 181534
A strong performance that deserved all 3 points but we left with 1 as Orange County equalised in the 92nd minute with a deflected goal

Louisville City 0-0 Dayton Dutch Lions
View attachment 181533
A 0-0 bore draw away at Louisville, better than the humbling defeats last season, shows progression and the impact of our new signings

Dayton Dutch Lions 3-0 FC Dallas II
View attachment 181532
A great victory as Larry Bruin came back to Dayton with his new lot, Greenway-Tambini got us off to a flyer early on with a calm finish, Bruni's replacement Ramon Rojas doubled our lead on 8 minutes with his first goal for the club before Louis Greenway-Tambini scored his second of the game on 55 minutes to wrap up all three points

LA Galaxy II 0-0 Dayton Dutch Lions
View attachment 181531
A 0-0 bore draw away at LA Galaxy II which is both better and worse than the 5-3 loss there on the last day of last season, worse attacking wise but better defensively

Transfers In
Another signing another Mexican! YAY!

Gustavo Guzman - 18 years old - Centre-back - Free - Tec Nuevo Laredo
View attachment 181529
He's our eighth foreign player so can't be registered yet, something will have to change, he's a decent defender and has bags of potential which I trust he will fulfil

League Table
View attachment 181528
Seventh! WE'RE NOT EIGHTH! WE'RE NOT EIGHTH! FINALLY!!!