JamieT567

Reaction score
Breaking into the managerial side of football is in no way easy. Jamie Thomas is attempting to do so.

Jamie Thomas is one of the biggest names in Football, sometimes for not the right reasons.
He started his career in the youth side of Swansea city, he broke into the first team at just the age of 16. For 6 years he dominated the midfeild of the championship and every year was voted best player of the year.

In 2002 Aston Villa made a bid of 5.5 Million bid for Jamie Thomas Swansea Accepted, He Rejected and signed a new contract with the Swans until 2007.

Many people called Jamie crazy for rejecting the deal, the year after he rejected it the Swans were promoted to the Premier League. In their first season they finished 14th, Jamie scored 23 Goals and made 13 assists. In their second season Swansea finished 6th in the league, putting them in the Europa League.

That year they got to the Quarter Finals of the Europa league before being knocked out by Sparta Prague, they finished 3rd in the league, Jamie was voted World PFA Player of the year and was in the World Team of the year.

The next 2 seasons where the same, they got past the group stages in the Champions League but failed at getting any further, they consistently finished in the top 4 and became a big team known around europe.

How Jamie Thomas became so well known is because of the 2006 World Cup. Wales qualified for only the second time in their history, Jamie Thomas lead the squad out as their captain, Wales got to the final before facing none other than their bitter rivals, England.

England dominated Wales for the whole game, but to no avail, by the 85th minute it was 0-0, Wales got a free kick 25 yards out from a silly foul by Sol Campbell. Jamie Thomas stepped up to the task and got ready to take the free kick, he let off a blistering strike that flew directly into the top right hand corner, the stadium blew up, the World Cup was Wales'.

After the World Cup many clubs made bids for Jamie, he stayed at the Swans for the rest of his career. May 8th 2010, Swansea Vs Wolves, it was a normal game, the last game of the season, Swansea had already won the Premier League, Jamie was playing his normal role of CM, in the 32nd minute a crunching tackle came in from Jamie O'Hara that was a leg breaker, it did more than break his leg.

Jamie Thomas was rushed into hospital, he had a double fracture in his leg, a fractured Achilles tendon and torn crucial ligament, his career was over.

Jamie Thomas was interviewed by The Sun in his hospital bed, they asked questions about his career but the main question was about his future, Jamie Thomas said he would love to become a manager, This s
tory will follow Jamie's quest to become one of the best managers in the world.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

FourFourTwoHeader.png

BREAKING NEWS

News has just come in that Reading have signed Jamie Thomas as their new manager, Jamie has been looking for a job since his career was tragically ended last May. This has come as a huge news for many people as he has never managed a club before, one of our reporters had an interview with Jamie just hours after his employment.

You sit here as the new Reading manager, is this your dream job?

I am absolutely delighted to be Reading manager, it really is a dream come true.

Do you have an idea of player you like, and players you don’t like?

I haven’t had the chance to see any of the players yet, so i have not been able to form any opinions on anyone.

Do you feel you are the right person to take Reading Football Club to the next level.

Of course, i don’t see why not!

How involved are you going to be into the day to day running of the club?

I plan to be heavily involved in the running of the club.

Reading sit in the relegation zone, do you feel you will be able to keep them up this season?

Of course, obviously we arn’t going to win the league, but i do plan on taking Reading to mid-table.

Jamie Thomas’s first game is coming up after the international period, Reading will face Play Off contenders Doncaster Rovers in a very tough first game.
Many fans are feeling optimistic about Jamie, but alot of fans would have preferred to see a well known manager with at least some experience to run the club.