jerry1994

Reaction score
overloaded_train_hanging_india.jpg

ONE BILLION PEOPLE...ONE WISH

The Story of the Indian National Team

A BRIEF ACCOUNT OF INDIA

India is a country where football has arguably not been as popular as the other sports such as:

This:

Sachin-Tendulkar-records.jpg

Or This:

Indian_Hockey_1.jpg

But indeed, it is a nation where football is followed with high regard. Manchester United and Chelsea are popular clubs in the country which have huge fan followings while Arsenal, Liverpool, FC Barcelona and Real Madrid are not far behind.

India is a country of one billion people. One billion people who are as diverse as the bacteria and the solar system. It is a country whose people are divided by sentiments of caste, religion and creed yet united by moments of glory. But unfortunately amongst these moments, football rarely does feature. The world's most followed sport is unfortunately not very popular here where cricket and hockey have established their strongholds.

BUT THE TIME HAS COME TO BREAK ALL THAT...

It is time that Indian Football stamped it's authority on the world and put India in the world scene.

Indian-football-team.jpg

IT IS TIME TO BLEED BLUE...

Nike-India-Bleed-Blue-200x160.jpg

toi_logo.gif

HOUGHTON FIRED!

bob-houghton.jpg

Incumbent Indian football team manager Bob Houghton has been fired by the All India Football Federation. This follows massive uproars in various parts of the country after he racially abused an Indian referee for not awarding a penalty in their recent friendly match against the Vietnamese side.

The AIFF also said that no replacement has been identified yet but former Indian international I.M. Vijayan, who led the country to a bronze medal in the 1956 Melbourne Olympics remains the favourite to take over.

The departure comes just six months before India are scheduled to play in the Asian Championships in Qatar in January 2011, severely hampering India's hopes of a good preparation.
=================

How is the story guys? Any improvements needed?

Interesting story. Glad to see someone doing something in India.

Hindu_Logo.png

INDIAN FOOTBALL LEGEND VIJAYAN HIRED AS INDIA MANAGER

i-m-vijayan.jpg

India's legendary football player I.M.Vijayan has been hired as the Indian national team's manager after Bob Houghton's unceremonious departure. The former Indian striker is said to be delighted at the chance to serve his country.

Speaking to the media outside the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Chennai, Vijayan said "I hope that this sparks a new era in Indian football and can take us to new heights. We will hope to do well in the AFC Asian Cup in January 2011 and hopefully even qualify for the World Cup in 2014."

He also added, "it may seem far fetched that India will be at the World Cup in Brazil but I can assure you that we have the talent to achieve this ambition of ours."

========================

So, a look at some of my key players then:

Baichung Bhutia

BaichungBhutia.jpg

The stalwart of Indian football, most known for being the first Indian to ply his trade abroad in England when he played for Bury FC. He has seen stints with many clubs including East Bengal and is currently playing for their rivals Mohun Bagan.

He is the key to my attack as without him, our forward line up is blunt. We need him to fire and keep out of injury for majority of the games and most importantly, we need him to be fit for the Asia Cup and the World Cup qualifiers.

Sunil Chhetri

34268_news.jpg

A very young and talented forward who plied his trade until recently with Major League Soccer side Kansas City Wizards until they released him on a free transfer. He was immediately snapped up by ONGC I-League side Chirag United Sports Club and is currently playing for them.

He is the mainstay of the Indian attack with Bhutia and we need him to use his pace very well especially in the later stages of the game when the older Bhutia gets tired.

Steven Dias and Climax Lawrence

25390_186x236.jpg
ClimaxLawrence_4134.jpg

These two need to be firing on all cylinders in my games and they need to be very good in midfield. While Dias can take the right wing, Lawrence will be responsible for the centre and they will need to do a good job, more defensively than offensively.

Foreigners Eligible To Play For India

William Jidayi (Italy)

William-Jidayi-194x162.jpg

Currently playing for Serie B side Padova, this burly man will be very key to my plans in defensive midfield. He will mostly be used in that role as an anchor man to support a weak defence.

Avneet Shergill (USA)

Currently playing for Salgaocar in the I-League, this young American-Indian lad has the potential to make it big in Indian football and I will be looking to hand this guy a few caps, mostly as backup in the right wing to Steven Dias.

There are a few in England I might want to see and a few in France like Raheem Alibhai and one or two in other countries like Algeria, so we have to see about that.

Youngsters To Keep An Eye On

There are a few youngsters I would keep an eye on to see how they develop in the future and whether they would make good Indian national players. Some of them have impressed me so far and some have the talent but have not yet shown it. These players are:

Jeje Lalpekhlua
Fanai Lalrozama
C.S.Sabeeth
Jewel Raja Sheikh
Joaquim Abhranches
Jagpreet Singh
Nirmal Chetri
Raju Gaikwad
Nallapan Mohanraj

=======================

Great start. I had a great online tournament with India on the World Cup 2010 game, and I once signed Jidayi for Stevenage. So I have a particular interest.

But 1956 Olympics? How old is he?

Vijayan was actually a friend of my Grandfather. He was not even born in 1956! I've met him many a time when he played for FC Kochi around 1999 - 2001! He retired shortly after. I think if I remember correctly, they even made a movie about him!

Oops...my bad. I mixed up a lot of things. But anyways, he's the manager.

i just read through this all its really good mate and i decided to become India manager, i used ediot to have Michael Chopra :D

GREAT START MATE.. I was thinking of starting my own story using an edited database for the newly renovated Arrows FC (renamed AIFF XI).. but now I'm willing to wait to see how your story turns out and then decide.. I'll use your story as an inspiration if it proves out to be a success..

Ah being an Indian I find it interesting. Will follow!!

mate are you continuing this one.. because I'm very very interested in following yours.. I thought you might have switched to the new blog system.. but I can't seem to find this story there.. just clarifying..