mister jay

Reaction score
th

Hi my name is mister jay , this is my first time i made a thread so don't be to harsh on me.
My tactic is based on style of football ivan leko wants to play with Club Brugge.

I'm currently testing the tactic with Club Brugge.
So far it's working for me i'm 15 matches far in the competition. I'm in first place with only 1 draw and 14 wins.
In the competition i use most of the time the control standard tactic. In the Champions league i created the defend tactic because i had 0/9 after 3 games. When i start using the defend tactic i got 4/6 points in the Champions league, currently in the Europa league spot it will be hard to keep it. I'm probably in the thoughest group. My striker Dennis Bonventura is pace striker and really bangs the goals in 12goals in 15 matches. If you use the tactic i suggest you rotate alot to prevent injuries.

Goalkeeper:
On defend not a sweeper keeper because in my opinion i concede less goals this way.
You're keeper will get his clean sheet because the tactic doesn't concede much goals.

Defenders:
I work with 3 defenders in the back. In the center a central defender and on left/right a ball playing defenders.
The ball playing defender helps to keep the ball in the team and sometimes play a killer ball to the strikers.
I keep a central defender in the middle who isn't great in passing game but good in the air to prevent goals from crosses.

Midfielders:
One ball winning midfielder on support and one central midfielder on support as well, behind the strikers i play a advanced playmaker. The ball winning midfielder is told not to dribble and don't play risky passes that way you keep possession of the ball if they pass back to him, the centralmidfielder on support is told to play higher on the pitch this player should have a good stamina because he helps in defence and in attack. The advanced playmaker should be good in passing, first touch and vision.

Strikers: Two advanced strikers up front who are told to search the flanks it help to make defenders leave the positions and make a gap for the playmaker or co striker to run in to.

Training:
The first two month i suggest you train on fitness, because the tactic demand alot of running from the players.
After two month i put it on ball control.

Individual training I set them on the role you are going to use the player.
Match preperation I suggest to set it on match tactic that way they grow more familiar with the tactic.

Opponent instruction: None, the tactic defend in a team so if you put on instruction it probable do more damage.

If you're opponent is a stronger team or same level
i normaly change my mentality from control to standard, if you're possession isn't above 50% i change my mentality even lower to counter.

Leave comments on what you think from the tactic or what more you want to know.
If you give it a try with a team keep me updated.

Last edited:
Working great for me . I'm with Fluminense on Brazil , 5 games and 5 wins in the Liga . What do you think is better , pace strikers or normal strikers(tall , with good heading) for the tactic ?

Working great for me . I'm with Fluminense on Brazil , 5 games and 5 wins in the Liga . What do you think is better , pace strikers or normal strikers(tall , with good heading) for the tactic ?

Great to hear i'ts working for you, keep me updated how you're season is going.
What works best for me is a pace striker on the left. Because in my opinion the centrale midfielder who's on the left play more throught ball into space, so speed is require to be the first on the ball. The ball winning midfielder doesn't play through ball alot, most of the time he plays the ball to the right wing back who search for the cross. On the right i switch between a good finishing striker(+good off the ball) or a targetman(tall ,good heading). The danger from the right side of the pitch will mostly be from crosses.

Last edited:
Great to hear i'ts working for you, keep me updated how you're season is going.
What works best for me is a pace striker on the left. Because in my opinion the centrale midfielder who's on the left play more throught ball into space, so speed is require to be the first on the ball. The ball winning midfielder doesn't play through ball alot, most of the time he plays the ball to the right wing back who search for the cross. On the right i switch between a good finishing striker(+good off the ball) or a targetman(tall ,good heading). The danger from the right side of the pitch will mostly be from crosses.
Interesting , im doing exactly the opposite lol. I will post some screens later , and follow these new advices . Thank you :D.

At the end of the season, i find myself on top of the league and winning the Belgium cup also.
My striker is the goalgetter of the league with 20goals in 29 games. (he got injured halfway the season )
My advanced playermaker share the spot of assistking with 13 assist in 31 games.
We got kickt out of the Europa league by AS Roma.

Nice to see that you reproduced Leko's tactic. It works well IRL but now also on FM :D

I have a seasoncard @ Club Brugge so i follow them a lot :D

IVAN LEKO BRUGES ARMY!!

I'm using this tactic now with FCB. So far so good. It's nice to play how they are playing now.
Normally I use my own tactic which is more like how MPH played.

The only thing I don't like is the amount of fouls the players make.