Ivanovic signs extension at Chelsea

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Chelsea's Serb Branaslav Ivanovic has penned a 5 and a half year deal at Chelsea keeping him at the club until 2016. The Serb was voted in the PremierLeague team of the season last year helping his side to win the double. He has quickly become a fans favourite with his no nosence defending and and goal scoring abilities.
http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2290294,00.html

Great news for the team, the man has quickly in my opinion become one of the best defenders in the world and deserves the new contract.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtTxjr1nfmA"]YouTube - Chelsea FC - Ivanovic signs new Chelsea contract[/ame]​

Last edited:
Nice :D
Hopefully he keeps doing what he does best - scoring vital goals..

Don't know about one of the best in the World, but definitely in the Premier League.

Big boost for Chelsea imo.

not one of the best in the world but he really has proven himself to be a very good player and forced himself into the Chelsea first 11

He isn't one of the best defenders in the world, certainly, but he is one of the best in the Premier League and is vital to Chelsea's back four I suppose.

I'd say he is one of the top 15/20 defenders in the world.

Great thing for Chelsea. One of the best Cb :s yeh..and very dangerous in corners.

Who is the best central defenders in the Premier League now? Vidic, Kompany, Terry, Ivanovic...who else?

Hows he one of the best in the world, last season with Terry out Chelsea only had Ivan and Alex to play at Center Half...No way is he one of the best...But good on him signing a extension.

He's one of the best in the prem, due to most being inconsistent but not in the world as him and cech have a problem with crosses :p

He definitely earnt that new contract after Sunday!....

Good defender, always performs against Liverpool. Within the top 20 in the world, not in the top 10/12 for me though.

He signed for Ajax after first season in my game. He's got over 40 international caps at age 25.

sorry, I thought this was the Ivanovic thread in the players section that was just created.

Last edited:
Hows he one of the best in the world, last season with Terry out Chelsea only had Ivan and Alex to play at Center Half...No way is he one of the best...But good on him signing a extension.

Terry missed like 1 game last season :S And we had Carvalho as well.

It's all opinions, but I believe Ivanovic is probably in the top 15 CB's in the world, which would make him one of the best in the world.