What should I do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

twilson7

Reaction score
Right here's my dilemma...

Background info: I started a season as Barrow, and managed to get them promoted from BSP, CCL2, then CCL1, and now I'm in 2017/18 (it took me a wile to get to the Championship) and I'm half way through the season with the Bluebirds in 15th and looking like I'll survive, however the club has little money and I'm not sure if I can take them to the Prem.
Then Sunderland offer me the job, they're 16th in the Prem with 20 points from 19 games, they're offering me a £15 million budget, but have tough games coming up against Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea, but it's January so I can improve the squad.

But at the start of the game I said I'd get Barrow to the Prem, and I wouldn't want them to go down and see my work undone by some useless replacement like Ian Dowie!

Should I stay or should I go?

Definitely stay mate :)

Finish the job you started.

Yeah that was my instinct, but the Sunderland job is tempting.

definetly stay otherwise you've wasted all that time getting them to the championship and not finishing off the job

If you don't stay, Barrow will suffer and all the work was probably for nothing. If you get them to the Prem, teams better than Sunderland will also start to take notice.

However, if you're eventually looking to manage a very good team then the Sunderland post could be a good springboard, if you can manage to do well.

It does come down to personal preference and how emotionally invested you are in the Barrow job.

I'm a glory hunter of sorts :p So I'd quite possible take the Sunderland job, but then again, you have been managing Barrow for quite a while now.

Take Barrow to the Prem, best of luck!

Fair points, and tbh I'm not aiming to manage a very good team, otherwise I'd just start a new one and take charge of a very good team, taking Barrow to the Prem would be hard but very satisfying and fun if I pulled it off.

definitely stay
complete the job you have started

Stay mate you might be lucky and get a takeover with some funds to make the prem and maybe even europe

Im feeling that you have taken them as far as you can!
I would take the Sunderland job!
Its not like you are leaving after like a few months, you have been there for a few seasons.

Definitely stay mate :)

Finish the job you started.

I was in this same dilemma, but I always end up keping the same job. As long as I have been playing FM, I have NEVER moved clubs, and that is what I regret, so once I'll just start unemployed and TRY to manage a top team, like in real life ;)

If you want save the game, take the job and create a new save game, so if you get annoyed with your team you can jump in the Sunderland save ;)

just like most people have said, stay! finish the job!

You should definately stay with Barrow, as they would never get the Premiership if you leave to Sunderland and all your hard work to get them this far would be lost.

STAY AT BARROW!!

You may have taken them as far as you can. You have the choice of staying in the Champ for a few years (probs) and MAYBE getting them to the Prem or going to a decent Prem team that you could make into a good team in the same way u have done with Barrow. People are saying stay but if you do and you find you cant get them any further then you may get bored and stop playing that load which would be a shame because of how far you have gone with that load.

Ok guys, I decided to stay at Barrow and try to get them to the Prem, however, since I turned down the Sunderland job, form has dipped and I'm now 19th, but 10 points clear of the relegation zone so I should be fine. Prem here we come!! Wish me luck.

P.S Thanks for putting doubts in my mind Jak 16 and bluenose_rob, if this fails I'll hold you 2 responsible!! Lol JK.

Right here's my dilemma...

Background info: I started a season as Barrow, and managed to get them promoted from BSP, CCL2, then CCL1, and now I'm in 2017/18 (it took me a wile to get to the Championship) and I'm half way through the season with the Bluebirds in 15th and looking like I'll survive, however the club has little money and I'm not sure if I can take them to the Prem.
Then Sunderland offer me the job, they're 16th in the Prem with 20 points from 19 games, they're offering me a £15 million budget, but have tough games coming up against Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea, but it's January so I can improve the squad.

But at the start of the game I said I'd get Barrow to the Prem, and I wouldn't want them to go down and see my work undone by some useless replacement like Ian Dowie!

Should I stay or should I go?
if you don't think you will get promoted in the next season or two, i think you should definitely go to sunderland and play some good premiership matches!

It appears as though your 'Dilemma' has been solved. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.