Jabulani vs Goalkeepers

undertheray

Reaction score
England's goalkeeper, Algeria's goalkeeper and Paraguay's goalkeeper have all fallen victim to highlight reel blunders. They all also clearly misjudged a pretty slow ball, and a number of other close calls have happened now.

I think the ball is obviously a factor, but just as an opinion, how much of a factor? I might be tricking myself, but I'm seeing a lot of missed headers and poor timed jumps (such as Ledley King vs Jozy Altidore and Daniele De Rossi vs Antolin Alcaraz).

Personally I have tried the ball (at least the $80 one, maybe not the same as world cup) and I like it a lot, very light.

Opinions?

i think it has something to do with the keepers gloves

wc.png

well it was used in the Bundesliga for some month(s) before the WC, not sure how long. I don't remember any incidents involving the ball (although I don't watch all bundesliga games so I might have missed something).

the players just need to adapt to it, I see a lot of shots going high/wide and what you said about the GK's. the ball seems to curve a lot either on the ground or air, there's a lot of spin on it

I don't think it's at fault for the keeper howlers, that's just bad goalkeeping. But I haven't seen any freekick hit the target and that might be down to the ball possibly?

That's because they're all trying ridiculous 40 yard strikes.

Its just been bad goalkeeping from what I have seen. Although I think so much has been made about how light and how near perfectly round the new ball is it will get highlighted as the factor for it.

If they want a really light ball and a perfectly round one for future world cups then I have seen plenty for £1.99 in the petrol garage near where I live.

Its just been bad goalkeeping from what I have seen. Although I think so much has been made about how light and how near perfectly round the new ball is it will get highlighted as the factor for it.

If they want a really light ball and a perfectly round one for future world cups then I have seen plenty for £1.99 in the petrol garage near where I live.

And afterwards they can all be sent to my dog :D

Its bad goalkeeping mostly like Robert Green's mistake but definetly the ball is a factor

It is down to bad goalkeeping and the goalkeepers have been getting their excuses in early. They keep claiming that the ball is lighter when it has to be a certain weight (14-16oz) and thats been the rule since 1937. It would move about a bit more when your at altitude due to the thinner air but we havent even seen that happen much so the goal keepers need to stop crying and just get on with it.

There is clearly a problem with the ball, i heard Gomez off Spurs moaning about it last night saying its horrible and the flight off the ball is bad. But Green's mistake was simply down to him, and was not the ball.

I think it definitely flys differently through the air, it's design style makes it float all over the place. If you pick one up in a store, it feels different, like its not completely spherical and I think may be the main cause of the complaints.

I think it definitely flys differently through the air, it's design style makes it float all over the place. If you pick one up in a store, it feels different, like its not completely spherical and I think may be the main cause of the complaints.

:SYour the only person to claim its not completely spherical. Adidas claim its the roundest ball ever. And the material its made from is different because its a synthetic material.