Jack Wilshere for England?

• Thread starter Thread starter SaintSinner
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 2K
What the ****? He hasn't even played for the U-21's!

I think he'd make a good backup central midfielder, he's a decent player.

even though he;s at arsenal it's nice to see some english quality coming through. i thought we were gonna be stuck with cattermole's and muamba's in the future.

I think and i no a lot of people will have a go at me for this but if arsenal keep on bringing Good young players that are english the england team can only get better i mean in a few years i can see arsenal being prem champs and they have the best youths in my eyes so

i think capello should not over-work wlshere expecially as hes still 17...its good to put him in U-21s and see how its goes. I guess wilshere will be in the england squad for the world cup just covering for first teamers and will probs play no part in the team unless he comes on for a sub..

Hes defo one for the future, for the last 5 years or so there hasnt been a awful lot of english players in the england team from arsenal sept for - ashley cole, campbell, walcott, seaman so if the likes of walcott, gibbs, wilshere can brake into the first team in the near future i would be proud..

I disagree with everybody saying the future for the england team is **** to other nations or whatever..imo i would say that england have one of the best and probs have most..

all the players i could think of that have a chance in the england team -
1. Michael Mancienne
2. Jack Cork
3. Victor Moses
4. Jack Wilshere
5. Gibbs
6. Theo Walcott
7. Frazier Campball
8. Kyle Naughton
9. Dan Gosling
10. John Bostock
11. Adam Johnson
12. Andrew Taylor
13. Fabian Delph
14. Joe Hart
15. Charlton Cole
16. James Vaughan
17. Mattock
18. Wheater
19. Shawcross
20. Michael Johnson( only if he leaves man city)

and loads loads more, also if you want to include the others who still havent broke into the team eg - downing, ashley young, james milner, agbonlahor and others. Its a matter of if england can keep capello as manager or they can replace him with a world class manager thats knows what hes doing with the added all the players listed above or have an england future have good future careers and develop well.

good luck to england.

Last edited:
Stop it, it's just ridiculous.. if any internationals, let him have a stab at U-21's

I agree that he shouldn't be plonked straight into the senior squad before he's tested his ability at the U-21 level.

Just my opinion, but I do think he's a great young talent.

On the official arsenal site wilshere is called up to under 21s thats a good start hopefully.

and could feature against holland u-21s on tuesday the 21st!!:)

Last edited:
How do you rate him Gatid? Reckon he is the 'wonderkid' or whether he's just below that level and a good international player? I've not seen anywhere like enough of him to judge.

Judging from the game against Rangers then he will be a world class player , he reminds me of Joe Cole , but will be alot better.

I dont think he should be put into the England seniors , give him a go at the U-21's but leave it at that for a year or 2.

i think capello should not over-work wlshere expecially as hes still 17...its good to put him in U-21s and see how its goes. I guess wilshere will be in the england squad for the world cup just covering for first teamers and will probs play no part in the team unless he comes on for a sub..

Hes defo one for the future, for the last 5 years or so there hasnt been a awful lot of english players in the england team from arsenal sept for - ashley cole, campbell, walcott, seaman so if the likes of walcott, gibbs, wilshere can brake into the first team in the near future i would be proud..

I disagree with everybody saying the future for the england team is **** to other nations or whatever..imo i would say that england have one of the best and probs have most..

1. Michael Mancienne
2. Jack Cork
3. Victor Moses
4. Jack Wilshere
5. Gibbs
6. Theo Walcott
7. Frazier Campball
8. Kyle Naughton
9. Dan Gosling
10. John Bostock
11. Adam Johnson
12. Andrew Taylor
13. Fabian Delph
14. Joe Hart
15. Charlton Cole
16. James Vaughan
17. Mattock
18. Wheater
19. Shawcross

and loads loads more, also if you want to include the others who still havent broke into the team eg - downing, ashley young, james milner, agbonlahor and others. Its a matter of if england can keep capello as manager or they can replace him with a world class manager thats knows what hes doing with the added all the players listed above or have an england future have good future careers and develop well.

good luck to england.

Yes mate, but have any of those players got the class of

1. Bojan - Spain
2. Pato - Brazil
3. Balotelli - Italy
4. Mata - Spain
5. Kerlon - Brazil
6. Santon - Italy
7. Pedro - Spain
8. Bueno - Spain
9. Keirrison - Brazil
10. Fabio and Rafael - Brazil
11. Di Maria - Argentina
12. Savio - Germany (maybe just coz im a West Ham fan)
13. Anderson - Brazil
14. Nani - Portugal

In England, even at a young age, everything is about winning, and if your not winning you have to be quicker, stronger, fitter etc. But we fail to teach technical ability at a young age. In a sunday league match, if a kid tries a trick against a player and it doesn't come off , then he is bombarded with critiscm from parents and players. In spain, Brazil, Argentina etc, they encourage skills and technique. That is why we will struggle to win the world cup again as we are never as good as the big nations.

How do you rate him Gatid? Reckon he is the 'wonderkid' or whether he's just below that level and a good international player? I've not seen anywhere like enough of him to judge.

Well...

For a start did you see him play against athletico madrid? and rangers? in pre-season..

????

I didn't Gary. Only saw a few of Liverpool's pre-season's games.

From what Seano says, I'm guessing he's really impressed?

Yes mate, but have any of those players got the class of

1. Bojan - Spain
2. Pato - Brazil
3. Balotelli - Italy
4. Mata - Spain
5. Kerlon - Brazil
6. Santon - Italy
7. Pedro - Spain
8. Bueno - Spain
9. Keirrison - Brazil
10. Fabio and Rafael - Brazil
11. Di Maria - Argentina
12. Savio - Germany (maybe just coz im a West Ham fan)
13. Anderson - Brazil
14. Nani - Portugal

In England, even at a young age, everything is about winning, and if your not winning you have to be quicker, stronger, fitter etc. But we fail to teach technical ability at a young age. In a sunday league match, if a kid tries a trick against a player and it doesn't come off , then he is bombarded with critiscm from parents and players. In spain, Brazil, Argentina etc, they encourage skills and technique. That is why we will struggle to win the world cup again as we are never as good as the big nations.

Thats the point...

In england its really not about skill, its just the english league isnt putting enough money in the their academy to raise good english players..

Having skill is important but not as important as pure hard work and to help tracking back when teammates are struggling...

remember usa in confederations cup? even the usa manager said having pure hard workrate is more important just before they matched up with spain..what happened beat the best team in the world currently to get to the finals against brazil...

if usa had a little bit more composure and kept the ball at 2-0 up the cup would of been theirs for the taking..

1. Michael Mancienne
2. Jack Cork
3. Victor Moses
4. Jack Wilshere
5. Gibbs
6. Theo Walcott
7. Frazier Campball
8. Kyle Naughton
9. Dan Gosling
10. John Bostock
11. Adam Johnson
12. Andrew Taylor
13. Fabian Delph
14. Joe Hart
15. Charlton Cole
16. James Vaughan
17. Mattock
18. Wheater
19. Shawcross

good luck to england.

i still don't think the future is that bright. only about a third or quarter of those guys look like they'll be world class. and some of them might not develop properly.

I didn't Gary. Only saw a few of Liverpool's pre-season's games.

From what Seano says, I'm guessing he's really impressed?

Tbh i was impressed too but i wont say he gonna be a wonderkid just it was a surprise for how good he was..

hes 5,7 a right midget but hes pretty strong for how small he is incredible on both feet took players on and on..

Thats the point...

In england its really not about skill, its just the english league isnt putting enough money in the their academy to raise good english players..

Having skill is important but not as important as pure hard work and to help tracking back when teammates are struggling...

remember usa in confederations cup? even the usa manager said having pure hard workrate is more important just before they matched up with spain..what happened beat the best team in the world currently to get to the finals against brazil...

if usa had a little bit more composure and kept the ball at 2-0 up the cup would of been theirs for the taking..

Confederations Cup mate, hardly the greatest tournament in the world. The champions league final showed us that if passing, skill, spirit and technique are put together then that would be the game won. Barcelona took united to the cleaners, they simply passed it round them, Man utd had the hard work and effort but Barca were just too good. If you say workrate and effort is more improtant the skill and technique then how comes Iniesta, Ronaldo, Kaka, Xavi and Messi are the best players in the world, and not Tevez, Noble, Flamini etc. USA only beat Spain because they wanted it more and caught spain on a bad day. i mean, everybody has a bad day, and this was Spains. We both know that even with the workrate and effort USA showed that game, if Spain played as well as they could, we would have watched a Spain-Brazil final, simple as that

Tbh i was impressed too but i wont say he gonna be a wonderkid just it was a surprise for how good he was..

hes 5,7 a right midget but hes pretty strong for how small he is incredible on both feet took players on and on..

He has immense talent , what he can do with the ball is amazing , What he done the pre season in the emirates cup was only over 2 games , imagine him over a season of 1st team fottbal.

Back