Jack Wilshere for England?

• Thread starter Thread starter SaintSinner
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 2K
id rave try and persuade mikel arteta to play for england. what a amazing player even if hes on the bench.

Confederations Cup mate, hardly the greatest tournament in the world. The champions league final showed us that if passing, skill, spirit and technique are put together then that would be the game won. Barcelona took united to the cleaners, they simply passed it round them, Man utd had the hard work and effort but Barca were just too good. If you say workrate and effort is more improtant the skill and technique then how comes Iniesta, Ronaldo, Kaka, Xavi and Messi are the best players in the world, and not Tevez, Noble, Flamini etc. USA only beat Spain because they wanted it more and caught spain on a bad day. i mean, everybody has a bad day, and this was Spains. We both know that even with the workrate and effort USA showed that game, if Spain played as well as they could, we would have watched a Spain-Brazil final, simple as that

?? i do know...

...i didnt say the likes of messi, ronaldo, kaka wasnt the best in the world i was just saying that hard work on top of skill, technique puts them even higher than they are..

eg - i know a friend irl who has all the skills in the world eg in a match he does step overs, fancy passes, does way over the top and so on but is the lazyiest person ever!

but then i have another friend who's the complete opposite - not good at step overs but can read the game well, knows how to mark, knows when to pass, knows when not to over do it, knows when to run into space, knows how to lure defenders out of position to create space for other people, and works hard for teammates and he is by far the better player and the better person to play with.

you dont have to be as skillful as ronaldinho to be a great player.

Seano,

Indeed...But dont get your hopes up he still has alot to learn and is no way near a 'one for the future' yet plus you know how wenger is no one knows what hes think and whats hes up to its always surprise with the guy

It would probs take a good old two season before wilshere starts to make dramatic changes and starts to excel but i feel it was too early for him to show everyone what talent hes got..

arsenal/england fans would probs put way too much pressure on him to perform and he might crumble who knows.

He will have a great future ahead of him just hopefully he just doesnt get rushed into thngs like this.maybe loan him to coca cola championship to get first team football and build up some phyiscal strenght thoungh thats my opinion only seen him against rangers and he was impressive

id rave try and persuade mikel arteta to play for england. what a amazing player even if hes on the bench.

Shouldn't have to convince him. Should only play for us if he wants to, but he still wants to play for Spain one day, so forget it.

?? i do know...

...i didnt say the likes of messi, ronaldo, kaka wasnt the best in the world i was just saying that hard work on top of skill, technique puts them even higher than they are..

eg - i know a friend irl who has all the skills in the world eg in a match he does step overs, fancy passes, does way over the top and so on but is the lazyiest person ever!

but then i have another friend who's the complete opposite - not good at step overs but can read the game well, knows how to mark, knows when to pass, knows when not to over do it, knows when to run into space, knows how to lure defenders out of position to create space for other people, and works hard for teammates and he is by far the better player and the better person to play with.

you dont have to be as skillful as ronaldinho to be a great player.

Seano,

Indeed...But dont get your hopes up he still has alot to learn and is no way near a 'one for the future' yet plus you know how wenger is no one knows what hes think and whats hes up to its always surprise with the guy

It would probs take a good old two season before wilshere starts to make dramatic changes and starts to excel but i feel it was too early for him to show everyone what talent hes got..

arsenal/england fans would probs put way too much pressure on him to perform and he might crumble who knows.

I didnt say you did. I said that if England are to win the world cup then they need players with more technique as we dont have good enough technical ability on the ball. All we want in England is to be faster and stronger but that doesn't win you cups. At grass roots level, and im sure you'll agree, serious work needs to be done

Back