"Jags is the new Roll's Royce of defenders"

Stann

please stay StevieP! <3
Reaction score
Everton manager David Moyes believes Phil Jagielka is as good a defender as they come, and says he can be a match for anybody in the country.
Jagielka has turned in a number of impressive performances for the Toffees during their late season surge, and has established himself as a key figure in Moyes' first team.
With just one defeat in their last ten Barclays Premier League outings, Everton's charge up the table has been based on solid foundations, built from the back forward.
And Moyes paid tribute to the 28-year-old England international for the pivotal part he has played in the club's upturn in form.
"What he has about him is as good as anyone in the country, it really is. He's a great recovery defender," he said.

b4453195-f9f8-4b80-8c7d-7f761318e555.jpg

"There are bits of his game that will improve, but who could you not say that about?
"He is very valuable to us and that's why we have got him here on a long-term contract."
Since joining Everton from Sheffield United in 2007, Jagielka has come on leaps and bounds, and was rewarded for his fine form by signing a new four-and-a-half year contract in January.
Having pledged his future to the Goodison Park club, Moyes can only see the future getting better and better for Jagielka.
"I've said many times I see him as a future captain at Everton, and the way he's playing just now he's doing that."

Guess Jags can kiss his good form goodbye if this thread turns out anything like your other one. :p

Or getting signed by Tottenham AKA the player killers. Kranjcar, Jenas, Rebrov, Bent, Pavlyuchenko, Postiga, Boateng, Zokora, Zamora, Bentley, Andy Reid, Kanoute, Ziegler, Dalmat... the list goes on and on...

Back on topic...

Arsenal can't be offering enough just yet then. Not that I'm cynical when Moyes comes out and says his players are brilliant and will be at the club forever and captain them to eternal glory whilst discussing selling them with another club, not at all.

Or getting signed by Tottenham AKA the player killers. Kranjcar, Jenas, Rebrov, Bent, Pavlyuchenko, Postiga, Boateng, Zokora, Zamora, Bentley, Andy Reid, Kanoute, Ziegler, Dalmat... the list goes on and on...

Back on topic...

Pretty sure every team makes poor signings and flops tbf.

Kanoute was very good for us for a few years so he was actually a good signing.

Sure, I just have always felt Tottenham are the kings at turning really good players into mediocre ones, while they're there.

Back on topic...

Ziegler's a very good player now.

Anyway, yeah he's good, suprised he signed a new contract if I'm honest.

Jags is an excellent player but i dont think he is as good as anyone in the country.. Still will make the squad of top 4 though.

I know some of them are now they've left, Zokora and Kanoute as well.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Pretty sure every team makes poor signings and flops tbf.

Kanoute was very good for us for a few years so he was actually a good signing.

It's not a personal attack on Tottenham I just hate how you steal our best player for the last 2 years and then say he's ****.

I know some of them are now they've left, Zokora and Kanoute as well.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

It's not a personal attack on Tottenham I just hate how you steal our best player for the last 2 years and then say he's ****.

Fair enough but I just cannot see what he contributes to the team. He dribbles and then passes backwards.

He's got the build of Modric....but with far less skill.

Hardly stole, he was the one who didnt want to negotiate, he went for the money

But you cant hold that against Spurs, if anyone deserves your ire its Pienaar

I don't hold that against Spurs, it's their lack of appreciation when he was so important a player for us.

I don't hold that against Spurs, it's their lack of appreciation when he was so important a player for us.

You're holding the fact that one of your best players is now only mediocre for them and they're not happy with it against them?

You should try being a Villa fan, you'd hate it. XD

He's not mediocre, he needs time to gel, when him and Baines formed a partnership they were formidable, just needs to be accepted into the team..

He's not mediocre, he needs time to gel, when him and Baines formed a partnership they were formidable, just needs to be accepted into the team..

I think you overrated him. Yeah, he's a decent player but going into a team whose midfield includes Modric, Bale and Van Der Vaart he was always going to be a squad player at best. Kranjcar can't even get a game.

Sounds like you've rolled every cliche about a mediocre player into one sentence. :p

He's a decent player, Pienaar, and I rate him, but there is no way he's going to dislodge anyone from Spurs' midfield. He's probably better than Kranjcar, but he's also older.

dont understand why Spurs bought Pienaar in the first place, shame to keep a player of his quality on the bench and I remember Chelsea wanted him but the **** chose Spurs instead, bet he loves that decision now considering he would have had a better chance at Chelsea due to Lampard age and would have played Cl Football too

Phil Jagielka is an awesome defender, and I'm jealous he's at Everton. Just to think a few years ago, he was a Midfielder at Sheffield United, when they got relegated, a bit like Jack Collison's quality ;).