Jailbreak Ipod

I going to do this with my ipod its quite old its a 2nd generation one firmware 4.2.1, In work now so can't check that website but just wondering how you do it and how you find all the good games and that to put onto it. Thanks.

Mate I would love to give you all the info on how to get everything you want but its alot of stuff .
So ill just tell you the first steps.

Once you jailbreak your Ipod,a programme called "Cydia" will be installed automatically on to the ipod.After upgrading Cydia and all that **** go on it and add this source:http://cydia.hackulo.us/ .Then on cydia search bar type in "Installous".Thats the app you can get everything thats in the AppStore for FREE,everything!Then you just have a look through of what apps and games you want(3rd party or commercial).

Not evrything in detail but hope it helps!(H)

I have updated my Firmware a few months back and I think once it gets past 4.2.1 it can't be used so will I just system restore the ipod and it will go back to factory settings without that firmware.

And for the program what is it do you get it when you jailbreak or is their certain websites you go to for jailbraked ipods to download stuff?

Cant quite remember to be honest mate, not used my Ipod in ages. I think it installs when you jailbreak it.

Then you use the program to search for things in a similar wat to iTunes then just download and use them.

Edit* Cydia, Thats it! Nice 1 playmaker, was annoying me that I couldnt remember the name!

Last edited:
Sound thanks lads going to try it when I get home, Playing Pokemon at work on my ipod is going to be epic :)

Just found out of my mate that I can't jailbreak mine because I updated the firmware 2 months ago, disgusted :mad:

Just found out of my mate that I can't jailbreak mine because I updated the firmware 2 months ago, disgusted :mad:
You can download older firmware versions and force iTunes to restore that old version. Google it :)

Would a system restore not do the trick ? If not I'll check that out.

Of course it's worth it.
You can use installous to grab every single app on the market for free |) (not that I would condone that sort of thing).

Sorry for bumping this thread but after sucessfully Jailbreaking my phone and getting all the games I want for it when I connect my ipod to itunes to update its music all my apps get deleted, I got the apps throw Installus which you get through Cydia, I can just go to my downloads again in Installus and download them again but I lose all my save data which is really annoying, is their anyway around this?

Last edited:
not had this problem myself so i dont know but i guess you could just try restoring it and then put instalous back on

I cant seem to find Installous :( all i can find is an HD logo for it but not the actual app

restore your ipod so it deletes everything and sets it all back to original settings then try and get installous again!

Installous is in the cydia app have you looked in there for it

NO YOU CANNOT GET YOUR SAVE DATA BACK IF YOU SYNC YOUR IPOD. Don't try restoring it as you will lose everything and if you have customized the interface of the ipod i.e. springboard or w/e then it may nack it up. Next time you go into itunes just go to File>Transfer Purchases from X iPod. This will sync the apps as if you have purchased them on your iPod itself.

Btw guys, how do I get pokemon games on it?

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

restore your ipod so it deletes everything and sets it all back to original settings then try and get installous again!

Installous is in the cydia app have you looked in there for it

That won't work mate. It will just delete cydia and the rest of the apps etc.