Jailbreaking

hiphopahol101

Reaction score
Anyone done it? Thinking about doing my 4th Gen 4.2.1 and was just wondering what were your experiences with it. Will I lose the music currently on my Ipod if I jailbreak?

Thinking about doing this myself, haven't heard anything bad to put me off so hoping to do it sometime next week

Woudln't recommend anyone to do it, 3 of my mates iPhones are now in the bin, absolutly destroyed them, people say it doesnt, but give it time ;)

it also unlocks alot of things on the iPhone that you cant do on it, and the reason you cant do it is because it isnt supposed to be done, for example, changing themes and fonts etc, when you do this to the iPhone it breaks. Good luck!

basically illegally unlocking your iphone to any network.

No. Jailbreaking it means you can use third party software on your phone - and it was recently cleared in courts as being allowed.

Done it on mine, very useful for some things - really jazzed my phone up!

No. Jailbreaking it means you can use third party software on your phone - and it was recently cleared in courts as being allowed.

Done it on mine, very useful for some things - really jazzed my phone up!
yes but most people do it to unlock it to another network. i work for o2 and when people phone up and say they have jail broken the handset there warranty has been voided becasue they have tampered with the software. its also in apple terms and conditions.

doesn't jailbreaking allow you to download all apps on itunes on app store for free?

http://iphone-unlocker-pro.com/?gclid=CMTigYv0qKcCFQoZ4QodmESeBA

that should do it. you will one never be able to update the iphone as itunes will relock the handset. You will void your warranty. Possibly damage the software on the handset as well. i wouldnt do it. can you not just speak to your provider for your contract to unlock the handset
That is wrong. All you have to do to go back to IOS is restore your ipod. Once thhe ipod is restored your warrenty is valid again.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

doesn't jailbreaking allow you to download all apps on itunes on app store for free?
Yes that is one of the things that you can do. It is fully legal until you do things like that.

Btw. . .
Will I lose the music currently on my Ipod if I jailbreak?

iPhone is a good enough phone with out having to jailbreak it, I saw my mates phones that were jailbroke and thought that looks minted the different colour fonts and that they had 2 weeks later it was in the bin, same with my other mates, in the bin. It slows it right down, freezes every so often, get problems with your wifi etc so if you want a sluggish phone that will break very soon then go ahead and jailbreak it, people that tell you they have jailbroke theirs and its great just havent experienced the worst as yet, but they will.

http://images.apple.com/legal/warranty/docs/iphoneuk.pdf
it states in the second paragraph the warranty is invalid if the damage has been casued due to non apple products i.e changing the software via jail breaking.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

That is wrong. All you have to do to go back to IOS is restore your ipod. Once thhe ipod is restored your warrenty is valid again.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Yes that is one of the things that you can do. It is fully legal until you do things like that.

Btw. . .
Will I lose the music currently on my Ipod if I jailbreak?

no i am not wrong if your handset is damagesd then its more than likely it wont restore so then you have got a very expenisve brick. Easiest way to prevent this from happening is not to jail break it.

Btw. . .

No you won't.

yes but most people do it to unlock it to another network. i work for o2 and when people phone up and say they have jail broken the handset there warranty has been voided becasue they have tampered with the software. its also in apple terms and conditions.

Well as soon as they restore the iPhone back to it's default settings, the warranty becomes valid again so those people are retarded.

No you won't.

Well as soon as they restore the iPhone back to it's default settings, the warranty becomes valid again so those people are retarded.
yes but if itunes doesnt detect the handset then there is nothnig they can do.

It will get rid of your music, But i jailbroken my iphone and ipod touch when i had it. Its great. I never had problems with it.

But u do lose everything but it is worth it. Use lime rain its amazing and easy 2 do.

It's not possible to do this, they make out it is so you will jailbreak the phone. Those 3 mates of mine obviously tried rebooting to previous software etc, DIDNT happen. kept coming up errors on the phone little yellow box with black exclamation mark telling you that your software is newer than older version etc, totally ***** the phone up guys take my word for it. just cause you haven't experienced your problems yet, doesn't mean you won't

oh and another thing you might want to know about the iphones, is your battery will last a maximum of 2 years, and after then you have to send it back to Apple for them to replace the battery and if you do this and your iphone is jailbroken, you wont get it back and you will be blacklisted from using any other products from Apple.

My first 2 iphones my battery lasted 1 year (because of overcharging) and second iphone lasted (1 year 10months) charging the usual and using the tips on how to improve battery life lol. there good phones to use but they are ***** for battery, bluetooth etc

It will get rid of your music, But i jailbroken my iphone and ipod touch when i had it. Its great. I never had problems with it.

But u do lose everything but it is worth it. Use lime rain its amazing and easy 2 do.

You don't lose anything on it :$ Well I didn't.

Just go onto 'Safari' on your phone and type in "jailbreakme.com" then do it like that. So quick and easy and you don't lose anything!

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

It's not possible to do this, they make out it is so you will jailbreak the phone. Those 3 mates of mine obviously tried rebooting to previous software etc, DIDNT happen. kept coming up errors on the phone little yellow box with black exclamation mark telling you that your software is newer than older version etc, totally ***** the phone up guys take my word for it. just cause you haven't experienced your problems yet, doesn't mean you won't

oh and another thing you might want to know about the iphones, is your battery will last a maximum of 2 years, and after then you have to send it back to Apple for them to replace the battery and if you do this and your iphone is jailbroken, you wont get it back and you will be blacklisted from using any other products from Apple.

My first 2 iphones my battery lasted 1 year (because of overcharging) and second iphone lasted (1 year 10months) charging the usual and using the tips on how to improve battery life lol. there good phones to use but they are ***** for battery, bluetooth etc

It is possible because I did it myself :$

Plug it into your computer, iTunes loads up and press "Restore to Default Settings" - finito!

[QUOTE}It is possible because I did it myself :$
[/QUOTE]

Not when its ****** its not! dont try and get smart