Jailbreaking

Oh yea, i did my iphone like that through Jailbreak.me

But my ipod touch i did through lime rain. But yea do jailbreak.me, thats simple and dmf is right you dont lose anything.

You don't lose anything on it :$ Well I didn't.

Just go onto 'Safari' on your phone and type in "jailbreakme.com" then do it like that. So quick and easy and you don't lose anything!
I cant do it like that because mine is 4.2.1 and that only works for 4..0.2

I cant do it like that because mine is 4.2.1 and that only works for 4..0.2

If that can't do it, then you won't be able to do it any other way yet. Your software will be too new.

Jailbreakme is usually the first ones to get the newest software.

you might want to google "jailbreak ruined my iphone" and check a few posts

If that can't do it, then you won't be able to do it any other way yet. Your software will be too new.

Jailbreakme is usually the first ones to get the newest software.
You can do it the harder way with Greenpois0n and a few others. I might wait until JBM Update.

I did it on mine, got iphone 4 , 4.2.1.

Not worth the hassle. My phone froze countless times and every time I wanted to download and install something simple from Cynthia, say, Winterboard, I had to reboot my phone and the jailbreak software (redsnow) completely.

Look into it, plenty of helpful guides on the net. But if you really want to customise your phone you should have just got an android device. Apple make it hard for you to jailbreak their phones.

Not worth the hassle. My phone froze countless times and every time I wanted to download and install something simple from Cynthia, say, Winterboard, I had to reboot my phone and the jailbreak software (redsnow) completely.

Look into it, plenty of helpful guides on the net. But if you really want to customise your phone you should have just got an android device. Apple make it hard for you to jailbreak their phones.
You should try Greenpois0n. I think its the only unthethered(sp) Jailbreak that fully works.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh0Iw47j0Tw&annotation_id=annotation_604266&feature=iv"]YouTube - Jailbreak 4.2.1 Greenpois0n - Every iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch[/ame]
I was looking at this video. Doesnt look too hard. I Think I'll wait for Jailbreakme 3.0

I never had any of those problems.. very weird.

Mines works fine, kept everything. Only downside is i get loads of free music and apps, what a bummer.

Just done it there. Took 5 minutes at most and was easy to do. I didnt lose my music and my ipods running cleanly!

Read some guides on the internet and watch some videos on YouTube that's what I did. I started jailbreaking around 4 years ago, when I was 13-14 years old. I never had problems that I couldn't fix with a restore.

I've jailbroken my I phone on the 4.3 and the 4.3.1. Yes jailbreaking can brick your phone but rarely does. If you do it right and don't **** around with what you don't know then it's fine ie unlocking stuff like that.

Just a not to add my iPhone runs fine and have no problems within the month or so I have done it. I took the plunge to do it and not looked back and if the software screws up then restoring it is easy. For whom ever said iTunes detects if its jailbroken is a ******. No jailbroken apps such as cydia, installs or anything like that doesn't sync to iTunes so apple will never no. Simples

Woudln't recommend anyone to do it, 3 of my mates iPhones are now in the bin, absolutly destroyed them, people say it doesnt, but give it time ;)

rubbish, mine has been jailbroken for a year and its still fine...also, to clear up bricking, i have probably jailbroken at least 20 in my time (mates and whoever) and no problems have ever occured.

I've jailbroken my I phone on the 4.3 and the 4.3.1. Yes jailbreaking can brick your phone but rarely does. If you do it right and don't **** around with what you don't know then it's fine ie unlocking stuff like that.

Just a not to add my iPhone runs fine and have no problems within the month or so I have done it. I took the plunge to do it and not looked back and if the software screws up then restoring it is easy. For whom ever said iTunes detects if its jailbroken is a ******. No jailbroken apps such as cydia, installs or anything like that doesn't sync to iTunes so apple will never no. Simples

There is no way it can destroy your phone, I always managed to get out of it on all my iOS devices. I once had a hard time with my iPad, but I managed to recover it. I want to see some evidence, because usually the people who claim they destroyed the phone with it, just don't know how to restore it properly.