Mundo1996

Reaction score
Introduction

This is my first story since Football Manager 2015 came out and it will be an unemployed save. I really like realistic saves and that's what I will do. I will keep this save as realistic as possible and I shall do what's in the best interest of me, the manager.

Playable leagues

- English Premier Division
- Sky Bet Championship
- Sky Bet League 1
- Sky Bet League 2
- Vanarama Conference
- Vanarama Conference North/South
- Regional Premier Divisions
- Regional First Divisions
- County Leagues

Me - The Manager

View attachment 327296

My name is James Callagher. I'm a 20 year old guy from Sheffield. I recently stopped playing as a Sundag League Footballer, because I wanted to become a manager. I didn't had the money to start a Coaching Course, so I have no Coaching Badges.

Jobhunt

Is started searching for a job on the 13th of June. I wanted to start as high as possible and applied for several jobs in the Regional Premier and First Divisions.
The 20th of June 2014 is the day that a team approached me after a successful interview.
I will remember this day for the rest of my life. It's the day that I signed my first contract as a football manager.

Let's get started!

Last edited:
Club

The first team that I will manage is....

View attachment 327179

Lowes is a team in the 7th tier of English Football, in the Ishtmian League Premier Division.

View attachment 327178View attachment 327177
View attachment 327176

The media predicts that we will finish 10th.
The board wants us to be competitive, so 10th place is a good aim.

View attachment 327175

And the 4 teams who will battle against relegation, according to the media.

View attachment 327174

Contract and expectations

Contract information: View attachment 327173

I added a bonus for winning the Ishtmian Premier, you never know...

View attachment 327172View attachment 327171

As a said my aim will be 10th place, but looking at squad strength I think we can battle for the playoffs.

I don't expect anything from the FA Cup, but reaching the 3rd Qualifying Round is a good expectation. We start in the 2nd Qualifying Round so winning 1 game can't be difficult.

Pre-season friendlies

View attachment 327170

My assistant manager led the team during pre-season.
The loss against Fleet is the only fixture I'm not happy with.

Next update

- The first 10 league games (August and September)
- 2nd Qualifying Round of the FA Cup
- Standings of the Premier League, Championship, League One and League Two
- My opinion

Last edited:
View attachment 327130

2014-2015

Matches

August

View attachment 327149

First 4 matches were all very close and exciting:
- Against Grays we came back twice from behind
- Second match we equalized in the 88th minute and scored the winning goal in the 90+4th minute
- Our first half at Witham was a disaster. We were losing 3-0 after 28 minutes. In the second half we pushed forward and scored twice in the 87th and 89th minute. I think we deserved a point in this match, because we outplayed them in the second half.
- VCD are predicted last, but they were very hard to play against. In the 85th minute we scored the winning goal. But honestly, they deserved a point...

The last match against Harrow was just amazing!
View attachment 327146

I think we can be very happy with our first month with 9 points out of 15. I think we only deserved 6 points (1 win, 3 draws and 1 loss), but you can't hear me complain.

September

View attachment 327144

September was a superb month with 4 wins and 1 draw!

Against Bury Town we were very lucky with scoring the goal in the 86th minute, but it was very deserved. I think we deserved all 3 points actually, but they defended very good.

East Thurrock had just a awful game against us and we were very efficient. A think a 2-0 would be the fairest result, but I'm very happy that we scored 5 and conceded 0!

Against Hampton & Richmond we were leading 0-3 and 1-4, so it's disappointing that we conceded 3 goals. Very happy with the our attack and of course the 3 points.

Against Kinstonian we had a good solid game without being in trouble.

The match against Dulwich Hamlet is my match of the season so far. We were losing 2-0 at half time and I was very angry and told the players that I expected much better and had faith in them. Second half we played beautiful football and 3 times, in the 64th, 84th and 88th minute. Best performance so far! (second half)

League table

View attachment 327143

We are third! Very very deserved 3rd place and I think a playoff place at the end of the season must be our ambition!

Our next game is against AFC Hornchurch, the league leaders. After his match I can say if a title challenge is possible or not.

FA Cup

In the 2nd Qualification Round of the FA Cup we drew a team from the same league:
Hendon

View attachment 327142

Lee Wootton had mixed game for us today:
- He missed a penalty in the 28th minute and received a red card in the 53rd minute.
- But he scored at the right moment, just before half time, in the 45th minte.

I don't blame him anyting, because we were far better and even with 10 men we didn't played that bad. We defended very well and scored for the second time from a counter attack.

For the 3rd Qualifying Round we draw.....
Hampton & Richmond

We should win this match and qualify for the 4rd Qualifying Round.

Coming fixtures

View attachment 327141

England leagues

View attachment 327140

View attachment 327139

View attachment 327138

View attachment 327137

Extra information

The board is delighted with the leadership qualities that I am demonstrating.

View attachment 327131

View attachment 327132

I really want to keep an eye on the finances, because I don't want to get a reputation of being a bad manager in finances...

We started an affiliation with Stevenage. This will help us financially, because we receive an annual fee, we organise a friendly and we can loan youngster without paying any wages.

This is how my manager profile looks like:

View attachment 327129

Next update

- 17 league matches (October, November and December)
- 3rd Qualifying Round of the FA Cup
- Tactics
- League tables in England
- Group stages of Champions and Europa League
- Yearly national team update

Last edited:
hey bud. really enjoying this thread! can you go into more depth about your tactics?

Ok, tomorrow I will show screens of my tactics (I already used 5) in my update!
Any other suggestions?

Yeh just some team instructions and OI maybe. Also, might be a stupid question that i am completely stupid asking. but how on earth did you get to play in that league? the lowest i can go in vanarama north/south

Great start with Lewes! hoping you and Peacehaven will go up as i live Peacehaven! haha

Great start with Lewes! hoping you and Peacehaven will go up as i live Peacehaven! haha

Promotion would be a great achievement! I'm focusing on reaching the playoffs at the end of the season. I don't think that we can compete for the title this season, we are dropping to many points for that...

Thanks for following!

This is an update that I hadn't planned, but I want to show you guys something and I want to know if you guys have the same problem.

Injuries

I have a currently 5 injuries and you wouldn't say that that is a lot when you have a squad of 24 players.
But look at the positions of the injured players...

View attachment 326900

5 players: 2 CD and 3 DM/CM

I have 3 competitive central defenders who I rotate in 2 CD positions, but know I have to select a full back to play at CD position?

I have 6 DM's/CM's for 3 positions. I rotate them all, but know I have only 3 players for 3 positions and...

View attachment 326899

Wootton was banned for 2 matches, so I have only left 2 players for 3 positions...

I hope this problem will soon be over when the injured players come back, but does anyone else have the same problem that a lot of players in the same positions get injured?

What would be the cause of the problem? My tactic? Training? A bug?

View attachment 326873

2014-2015

Fixtures

October

View attachment 326861

3 wins, 2 draw and win loss in October. Not good, not bad but average.

The home win against AFC Hornchurch was unexpected. I hoped for at least a draw, but we kept the 3 points home.

Billericay was a good opponent, but the fact that we they scored an early goal costs us the 3 points, because their defence was very good orgonized.

It was nice to win with a big score against Enfield Town.

Then the 0-4 loss at home against Hendon. They were very efficient and Lee Wootton was sent off (yes, him again) in the 42nd minute.

View attachment 326830

At Leaston we were leading 0-2 and drew, but they played very well and deserved that point.

The last game of october was against the baddest team in the league, but we had a lot of problems in front of goal. We created, but couldn't score. Until the beautiful strike of Max Howell.

November

View attachment 326818

2 wins and 4 draws, so 10 points out of 18.

Canvey Island was the best team we played against, so very happy with the draw.

Against Bognor Regis we had scoring and precision problems: 16 shots, only 1 on target

The two home games against Peacehaven and Tonbridge were magnificent!
2 clean sheets and 3 goals scored in each game!
Against Peacehaven returned Jack Walder from an injury in the 68th minute and he scored twice: in the 70th and 82nd minute! What a performance!

The 3-3 draw was disappointing and extraordinary. We were leading 0-2 at half time. But we were awful in the second half and saw them scoring 3 goals. But we fought back and scored a goal in the 90+1 minute!
Maidstone were predicted to finish second, so that's a very good result against such a good team.

December

View attachment 326807

2 wins and 3 losses, almost the same as last month.

Great victory over Margate, who were predicted winning the league.

The next 3 matches didn't reserved a winner. We didn't play better or worser than our opponents.

We ended 2014 with a win over Harrow. And what a win...

View attachment 326796

They were the better team and after the 2-1 I thought that we would lose the match, but my team reacted with a good offence and scored twice to lead us to victory!

League table

Were would we be?
Are we the league leaders?
Are we in playoff position?
Or did we drop out of the playoff zone?

Let's see...

View attachment 326795

We are third which is great!
With only 3 losses we lost the fewest of the league, but if we want to challenge for the title we should draw lesser and win more!

We also scored the most of the league!

FA Cup

We played for the third Qualifying Round of the FA Cup against Hampton & Richmond which ended in a poor result...

View attachment 326794

Very disappointing but we can now focuse on the league.
The board are satisfied with our run, because the goals was reaching the 3rd Qualifyin Round and we made it that far.

Tactics

I used 5 tactics so far this season, but it's always the same formation.
A 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 or whatever you want to call it.

The tactics I use the most are the V10.0 and V10.2 from ChristianEriksen's tactics, so all credits are reserved for him!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...s/179480-christianeriksen-beautiful-play.html

View attachment 326793

Player roles and duties are always the same.

England leagues

View attachment 326792

Liverpoo still unbeaten and wtf, Burnley???

View attachment 326791

View attachment 326789

View attachment 326790

Champions and Europa League

Champions League

Group stages:

View attachment 326784View attachment 326783View attachment 326782View attachment 326781
View attachment 326780View attachment 326779View attachment 326778View attachment 326777

1st knockout round:

View attachment 326776

All 4 English teams are in the next round. I see Manchester City and Chelsea going through.

Europa League

Group stages:

View attachment 326774
View attachment 326772
View attachment 326773
View attachment 326771

1st knockout round:

View attachment 326769

Everton en Tottenham should normally reach the second round.
I think PSV will be too good for Hull.

England national team

View attachment 326768

Disappointing results:
- Should win from USA
- Should win with a bigger margin from Estonia and San Marino
- Should win from Switzerland at home

View attachment 326766

They should qualify for the European Championship with ease and maybe they can stay unbeaten.

They are currently 16th on the FIFA World Ranking:

View attachment 326764

Manager development:

View attachment 326761
View attachment 326759
View attachment 326758

Next update:

- 14 league matches (January, February and March)
- England leagues
- Champions and Europa League
- Youth intake

You are doing great! What file did you use to get the lower leagues?

View attachment 325601

2014-2015

Fixtures

January

View attachment 325603

Very bad month with 8 points out of 18, very disappointing...

We should have won from East Thurrock and should have at least a point from the away game against Kingstonian.

View attachment 325602

February

View attachment 325600

Decent month with 7 points from 4 matches.

March

View attachment 325599

This was a very easy and relaxed month, but we should have won all 4 matches!

League table

View attachment 325598

Canvey Island won the league and we are 9 points ahead of 6th place.
I'm already focusing on the playoffs!

Youth intake

View attachment 325597

Very good youth intake!
(Barnes, Carney and Storer aren't youth intake players)

England league

View attachment 325596

View attachment 325595

View attachment 325594

View attachment 325593

Champions and Europa League

Champions League

View attachment 325592

All 4 German teams are in the quarter finals!

Europa League

View attachment 325591

View attachment 325590

Next update

- League matches (April and May)
- Playoffs
- Season review
- Overview England leagues
- Champions and Europa league

Question

I have a question for you guys.
What should I do after this season (2014-2015):
A) Stay at Lewes (if we promote) and try to compete in the Vanarama Conference North/South for a midtable place
B) Stay at Lewes (if we don't promote) and try to promote next season
C) Go to another team after this season and look for a team in the Vanarama Conference or Conference North/South
D) Other sugegstions?

I ask this because I had some problems with players:

- One guy, Muggeridge, wanted me to renew his contract and I was very happy that he asked that because he is a great player so I said that I would offer him a contract within a month. Each time I wanted to offer him a cotnract he said that he didn't want to sign a new contract and now he is mad and want to leave because I did not offer him a good contract.
Anybody else with such a problem?

- My main striker left in January for free, I couldn't stop him and I do not know why he left.

- A few other players want more game time, but they are just back-ups for starters. So I couldn't give them more and now they want to leave.

With all these problems I began to hate this club, but they have a few very good players and good youngsters so if I stay I will do a squad revolution next summer.