James eyes Portsmouth boss role

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 1K
If we get the point deduction, go for it, we'll probably go down anyway as it will apparently be about 17 points anyway.

If not, don't and give it to someone with experience.

Firstly Mark Hughes was 39 (only 1 yr younger than James) when he was given JOINT and TEMPORARY management of Wales with Neville Southall. Ok he did alright and got the job in his own right later, but then I am not sure Southgate is as credible an example!

Now consider these managerial flops: David Platt, Paul Gascoigne, Mark Wright, Peter Shilton, John Barnes all intelligent footballers, and the backbone to England's solid 1990 world cup team, all rubbish managers. Even Stuart Pearce flopped when given the Forest Job too early!

For every one rare manager that makes it there are 10 unmitigated failures following suit. As a fan of this once proud club, and as much as I love Jamo, I want to see someone experienced in control.

i agree with your assesment that some players go into mangement to early and fail, but its not the same for all ex players. look at di matteo, dan petrescu just to name a few i know but you never know mate. lets look at it this way portsmouth really couldnt be in a worse position if they tried so they have nothing to loose and knowone loves the club more than jamo.

lastly im a fan of the football ramble aswell mate its different gravvy.

yer thats a given but i meant at the club at the moment, people that could be manager.
Linvoy could easily be manager tbh, we've already offered him some sort of position at the club, and I'm sure he'd love a crack at it.

James would be a good appointment, hes always dedicated, and takes no ****, very good appointment,

Linvoy could easily be manager tbh, we've already offered him some sort of position at the club, and I'm sure he'd love a crack at it.

to me linvoy seems like he could be a better assistant closer relationship to the players. just my opinion.

To be honest I think David James would have a great career in Football management and I think Portsmouth should sign him up.

CJACKO always having to disagree ( i joke :wub:) Seriously, if i were a pompey fan i would be more worried about getting those debts payed off, I think one a player will become manager

CJACKO always having to disagree ( i joke :wub:) Seriously, if i were a pompey fan i would be more worried about getting those debts payed off, I think one a player will become manager

surely having a player manager kills 2 birds with 1 stone in wages etc? all in good humour mate x

Yes, thats a good point actually JACKO, if they appointed lets say james as manager, linvoy as assistant, and people like kanu, hreidarrson as coaches, a **** load of money would be saved

Yes, thats a good point actually JACKO, if they appointed lets say james as manager, linvoy as assistant, and people like kanu, hreidarrson as coaches, a **** load of money would be saved

yer why not, plus they are easily good enough to coach they are really expierienced.

Back