Zlatan Lumic

Reaction score
I started a save/story with Arsenal not so long ago and I'm kind of looking for a decent left back to add to my squad in a relatively near future.

Nacho Monreal is a really good left back (one of the Premier's best imho) but he just entered on his 30s and I'm pretty much afraid that he'll be past his prime in no time and his stats will drop drastically once that happens.
And then there's Gibbs, who at first I only kept due his condition as home grown, is playing surprisingly well whenever I give him the chance... But even with his good performances I can't see him as a future replacement for Monreal.

That's why I'm searching for a young left back to "inherit" Monreal's role and after seeing James Husband's name appearing often in this subforum I decided to scout the lad.
...And truth to be told I don't know what should I do about him:

-He's young.
-He's English.
-His stats are already useful for Premier League (he's almost as good as Gibbs statswise).

However my scouts say that he's not worth signing as he almost reached his potential (according to them that is...).

That's why I ask... Should I sign him? Can he become a quality left back for Premier League's standards or will he be a useful player at best?

.P.S.: I'm in the first season's winter transfer market and I can get him for less than 3 millions (which makes him even more tempting)

honestly the fullbacks in the game are amazing no matter who it is tbh, just give them an attacking role and if they have decent pace/crossing, then they should perform. with that being said, gibbs should be a good enough starter for you. i have tyrone mings in my fourth season with southampton, and stats wise he's probably the worst on the team. he however gets consistently amazing ratings and tons of assists.. 3 million isn't a lot of money, so it might be worth the gamble. good luck!

Hmmm... Considering that this player is supposedly well known (and tested) around these corners I was kinda expecting a more hands-on approach on this subject and luckily know of the experiences of people who actually had him on Premier League teams.

But oh well... whatever can we do...^^U

What you mention about the fullbacks is true, both of my right backs are tearing through teams in every competition we're in (left backs not so much, but it's to expected since they play on a flank that has Alexis Sánchez on it, but still doing great).

About Husband I guess I can sign him and send him on loan until the end of the season (in cases like this I tend to sign players and leave them in their clubs until the end of the season (I've done it with other youngsters like Lewis Cook or Timo Horn for instance) since normally it's the best way for them to keep gaining regular first team experience... But Karanka is being a bit too much of a doofus and relegated the lad to "third leftback" status despite being Boro's best defender stats wise... so that's not an option in this case) to make sure he gets first team football and keeps developing as a footballer, and judge him once he comes back.

In the best case scenario he could surpass my scouts' expectations on him and actually become top class, and truth to be told for an English prospect he's sure cheap... So I guess it's a relatively low risk gamble (If it works out properly I have a good left back for a decade, if not I can always sell him to recover what I paid for him... and then some).

Thanks for the advice (and the luck). ^^