James Wright - The Story of an American Football Star

sirvalkyerie

Reaction score
(PLEASE NO COMMENTS OR POSTS HERE. SEE THE DISCUSSION THREAD)

James Wright. Born December 23rd, 1992 is the star Midfielder for his high school soccer team at Central Dauphin East High School in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. He's rated as the #1 Soccer Player in the nation and his future looks bright. The 15 year old has even been linked to the upcoming MLS Superdraft as apart of the Generation Adidas project.

He was born to a military father and a wife who worked part time as a bartender. His dad was sent to Afghanistan following an initial deployment in Japan. As a result his parents sent him to live with his Grandmother in Ireland for stability. He remained with her until he was 7 when his parent's took him back to the States, but not after he got Irish citizenship.

From an early age he took to soccer in the Ivory Isle. He played for various youth clubs. When he moved to the United States he continued his passion. At the age of 16 he will enter the MLS Superdraft as a projected 1st round pick and suspected 1st pick in the draft. In his junior year of high school he scored 61 goals in only 20 games a record for High School level soccer in the US. His future looks bright and the sky appears to be the limit for this young man. Only time will tell...

>_<

Did you not read the first sentence? The one that said PLEASE NO COMMENTS???????

Since I am writing a story it is easier to read it straight. No comments interupting them or senseless conversations. Those should go in the DISCUSSION thread to have a discussion. No I'd be much obliged if you could delete your previous post

Thanks

:)

>_<

Did you not read the first sentence? The one that said PLEASE NO COMMENTS???????

Since I am writing a story it is easier to read it straight. No comments interupting them or senseless conversations. Those should go in the DISCUSSION thread to have a discussion. No I'd be much obliged if you could delete your previous post

Thanks

:)
You are an idiot pal!

MLS SUPERDRAFT
January 9th, 2009

In the MLS Superdraft Combine games James Wright continued to impress, and in the 3 games he netted 8 goals. However in the last game he took a nasty spill and suffered an ankle injury. Later examination discovered that Wright suffers from Chronic Arthritis in his ankles and knees.

"I've had to deal with it for as long as I can remember," said Wright. "It doesn't cause alot of pain, just some minor discomfort. I take meds for it and it obviously hasn't hindered my performance."

Despit this statement alot of MLS sides are now weary of the young man and his health. Many other key players are still available in the draft and the expected #1 selection may have just taken a serious hit to his draft stock.

DRAFT:

Well, the story of the day is James Wright. Instead of being the first pick in the draft he didn't even make the first round. He fell to the 2nd round where with the 3rd selection in the round the Los Angeles Galaxy swiped him up. Wright wasn't even in the building for the draft as he was a last second addition to the United States U-20 Squad, a gae against Cuba in which he scored a goal. The U-20 squad would go on to win the match 2-0. He has also been selected for the upcoming match against the Guatemala U-20's. His arthritis problems will be monitored continuously but I do believe that this kid will be something special.

Press Conference:
January 15th, 2009

The Los Angeles Galaxy seem to be trying to capture the imagination of the fans with 3 key signings already this offseason. Everton Santos from Paris-Saint Germain, Eric Wynalda from the Bakersfield Brigade, and James Wright from Central Dauphin East High School.

James Wright
James Wright was rated as the best youth soccer player in the nation. He was the expected 1st pick in the 2009 Superdraft but fell to the 17th pick for the Galaxy. His future looks bright and he's expected to make a huge impact.

Everton Santos
Everton Santos was a member of the legendary French squad, PSG. However he only made the first team squad 12 times netting only 1 lone goal. He was then transfer listed for the price of $400,000 which was coincidentaly the entire Galaxy Transfer budget. So they put all their eggs in one basket and made a splash for the Brazillian who they have declared will be a star. They claim his French Team didn't utilize him or try to exploit his skills.

Eric Wynalda
Eric Wynalda is a former US international, having the record for Goals Scored in a United States shirt, a record recently broken and now shattered by his new teammate Landon Donovan. He is at the ripe old age of 39, and was playing for the amateur club, the Bakersfield Brigade. The Galaxy are convinced he had some left in the tank, and his finishing is unmatched.

Today's press conference is to unveil the men to the public.

"Hello, Mr. Wright. What do you think your chances are of playing straight away?"

"I would say that I have a good shot at cracking the Starting 11 for sure."

"Why so confident?"

"Well, why not? You gotta have confidence to be here, if I didn't I wouldn't have entered the draft at 16."

"Mr. Wynalda, I would like to ask you the same question. You are 39 so do you expect limited playing time because of your age?"

"No, not at all. If my age was such a factor then they never would have picked me up. I have alot I can offer to this club and I will start by helping the young lad to my right here."

"Well speaking of Everton, how do you rate him?"

"Well I haven't seen him on the pitch yet, but if he's coming from a top flite club in France then I would imagine he has to be able to hold his own."

"Everton, will it be hard for you to play and communicate here without being able to speak English?"

(Using translator)"Yes. It will not be easy but I faced similar problems going to France from Brazil. I didn't know French and I only spoke Portuguese. I accountt hat as part of my problem for not blending well, but here I shall learn English and be star of team."

"Jimmy, what number jersey will you be sporting with the Galaxy?"

"Well I would love the Number twenty three. It's my favorite and it's the one I have worn my entire career even for the U-20's but I suppose that Becks is keeping a hold of that one. So I'll have to wear something else."

Well that's it no more questions. Looks like the Galaxy are looking forward to a lucrative year.

However in the last game he took a nasty spill and suffered an ankle injury. Later examination discovered that Wright suffers from Chronic Arthritis in his ankles and knees.

"I've had to deal with it for as long as I can remember," said Wright. "It doesn't cause alot of pain, just some minor discomfort. I take meds for it and it obviously hasn't hindered my performance."

He sounds **** far too injury prone

Haha, I still don't understand why this has its own thread...

Wow are we 6? If you don't like it then don't reply...bashing someone's thread is kinda childish don't ya think?

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Manager's Office
January 23rd, 2009

"The reason I called you and Landon here is because I believe that at your young age you could use some guidance. I think there is no one here more professional, and more skilled then Landon, adn he'd be the perfect one to tutor you Jimmy."

"Sir, with all do respect I'm not sure if tutoring is something I need. Just stick me on the pitch and I'll take to it like a fish in water."

"Nonsense. You need guidance, you're 16 and you think you know it all?"

"Well I'm sure I could pick something up."

"Coach, I don't know if I have time to show him around."

"Well you two better work it out. I won't hear otherwise. We have a great talent on this roster and I won't let him go to waste because he doesn't pick up the game."

"Fine"

"Fine"

Training Pitch
January 23rd, 2009

"That Wright kid looks good."

"Yeah he does Cobi. Just not sure how he'll blend. Seems like he's to big for his briches sometimes."

"Yea, I've noticed. But we all are at times. I'm sure he'll fit right in. Why didn't you ask David to help him along?"

"I don't need 2 prima donnas on one team. This town wouldn't be big enough for the two of them."

*chuckles*

"I suppose. Any news on the Francisco Alex transfer?"

"Salt Lake wants him on loan. Vitoria has an offer, but I think we can get him. The transfer of Patterson to Oldham opened up just enough."

"This could be our year."

"And that Wright kid might be what seals it."

Wow are we 6? If you don't like it then don't reply...bashing someone's thread is kinda childish don't ya think?

How can you call it a thread when you wont let anyone comment in it? Who the **** do you think you are? Nobody's bashed your thread.

lets calm down people. if he doesnt want us to post on this thread then don't. i realise i have now also gone against his wishes but i won't from now on.