Reaction score
View attachment 780934
Jamie Carragher steps into management!

Jamie-Carragher_3146953.jpg

After a year of punditry at Sky, Jamie Carragher has decided to call it a day for now as he is ready to jump into management. Carragher has most of his coaching badges already as he obtained them during his last season at Liverpool.

Jamie Carragher, 36, enjoyed a successful spell as a player serving all of his career at Liverpool Football Club. He played at the centre of defence and was vice captain for many years, notching up an impressive 508 games for the Merseyside club. He also earned 38 caps for England during his 16 year Career.

Last edited:
I am currently attending Liverpool's training sessions as an understudy to Brendan Rodgers to learn the ways of managing training. Although I have a large knowledge of football from playing global football, and the fact I have been through these training sessions many of times gives me some idea but watching the training rather than participating is a great way to learn different methods, and who better to learn attractive football off than Brendan Rodgers?

"Jamie, I need to ask you something?" Brendan looked at me with a worried look.

"Sure, What's up?"

"I don't know if jumping into management so soon would be a good idea for you, I know you know the game, but it's a big step to take, I don't want you damaging your reputation if you don't get off to a good start, believe me it's tough. When I was struggling at Watford I thought there was no return for management, luckily for me I did my research across the globe and thing have panned out for me the way I would have liked."

"Boss it's fine, I know I am ready, thank you for your concern."

"I'm not your boss anymore Jamie, but thats what I would like to get at again, I would like you to be our Under 21's manager, you know the lads as well as anyone, and it's some great experience for you to get under your belt, what do you say?"

"Well I wasn't expecting that, I may need some time to think about this, I would love to keep my legacy at this club going so I will definitely take it into account!"

"You've got until Friday Jamie, do what you think is best for your career. You're 36, you have plenty of time to learn."

carrarodgers.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 330751
Now I have something to think about, my first job interview. Although Brendan Rodgers has offered me a huge role at Liverpool which will gain experience, I am drawn in by this offer. Fulham are a club who have only just gone down and I think they have the squad to come back up, the experience of Scott Parker could be key in the Championship, I'm going to attend and see if me and the club are on the same level.

Last edited:
The interview went well. Despite formally being a defender I would like to play an attacking style of football, something like Rodgers' philosophy which I have learnt off, but with my own style mixed in. Fulham also wanted an attractive attacking game played at Craven Cottage. The foundations are set in this club and I want to be the one to take them back up. I am about to accept the role, but there is a call I need to make first.

"Brendan, I have made my decision"

"Okay Jamie, what are you going with?"

"Fulham have offered me the job, I'm going to take it. The foundations are already set, they've got the squad, the experience, I can just see myself there right now."

"Congratulations Jamie, I can't say I'm not disappointed but I am made up for you, it's a good club to start at. If you ever need any advice, I am just a phone call away. I'm not sure you will because this is a good opportunity for you, but I am always here."

"Thanks mate, you can loan me Sturridge for the season if you like?" I laughed

"Let's not be getting cheeky now, Jamie!"

Last edited:
View attachment 330745
Fulham unveil Jamie Carragher as the new manager, straight into the press for his first interview.

"Jamie, how does it feel to become Fulham manager?" Colin Edwards - BBC Sport

"It feels great, I am delighted to be here today and I'm hoping that I have a long successful spell here"

"How do you think you will adapt to the style of the Championship having only experienced the Premier League?" Andrew Stevens - FourFourTwo

"I dont think you could say I have only experienced the Premier League to be honest, I have played in Europe and I have played the games against lower league opposition in cups so I have an idea how it works, you have to remember the bunch of lads that I'm taking over will also be adapting, but we're hungry."

"The fans are going to want instant promotion again, is this something you feel that you can give them while managing this club?" Georgie Thompson - Sky Sports

"I would have never took the job on if i didnt believe that. I want to be successful. You cant be successful if you dont have ambition, like I said, the lads are hungry and I am ready to make sure we work at this."

Last edited:
looks good so far dude! nice effort put in!

I am trying to read it in his accent too which gives it an edge haha!

looks good so far dude! nice effort put in!

I am trying to read it in his accent too which gives it an edge haha!

Thanks mate! Never done a manager story with loads of writing so looking to see how it goes! Haha, that's what I do when I'm typing it, and that's by mistake!

Yaya-Sanogo-Arsenal.png

With a low transfer budget, I had no option but to look at some loan options, Sanogo was the one who caught my eye the most as we needed depth upfront, but not only that. This is a player who no matter how much stick he has been given, has played against Bayern Munich in the Champions League, that's good experience. I have also put offers in for Jese Lingaard and Tyler Blackett, who again are young but have good ability which can help us this season. I had a £1.2 million bid for Jonathon Walters rejected, he has now moved elsewhere.
Attracting players is proving to be more difficult than expected and that is something we need to change.

View attachment 330637
Some good transfers coming up to our first game. We start with a tough one. Ipswich Away. I have brought in Sanogo, Lingaard, Blackett and Mason as I believe they are all players who could offer us that something else throughout the season. The Championship is a long campaign and we need a squad of fit lads. Young players are great, but you do need some experience. That's why I have signed Joseph Yobo to lead the back four and Pablo Aimar for that extra bit of quality. Although old I have big plans for these players, I want to make them coaches upon retirement.

View attachment 330635

It just wasnt to be today. We bossed the game, 17 shots, 7 on target, and we were hit by two good counter attacks. Many positives to take away from the game but you can not sugar coat a loss. I aim for 3 points every single match. Coming out with nothing hurts, I was hoping for a win to start off my career but football isnt easy. On to the next!

View attachment 330599
Another game, another loss. Very poor performance from the lads, Millwall had the hunger and desire all through the first half to come at us. I am dissapointed in the lads and can only feel that if I do not get a result in the next game against Wolves at Craven Cottage, the fans might get on my back.

View attachment 330598
Pathetic. Weak. Shocking. These are just some words to describe the players at this club at this moment of time. There is no fight, no desire. When I was a player I put 100% into every game I played. The fans are on my back but the truth is this is on the players. There needs to be more. I'm struggling to keep calm about managing these. Maybe I am not cut out to manage yet? Maybe Brendan was right?

Shahid Khan - The Fulham Chairman, has asked me to come in for a chat.

SK - "Hi Jamie, we need to talk"

JC - "Okay boss, go ahead"

SK - "You cant manage these players can you?"

JC - "Were 3 games in, weve been unlucky to lose in 2. It's a bit early to say to be honest."

SK - "I don't believe you can manage these players. You're not good enough, you have until the next game to turn this around."

JC - "I'm not good enough? Look at those ******* players out there! They don't chase down, they don't go in hard, they do not try. If they don't give 100% what do you want me to do?"

SK - "You've wasted money on new signings too. You cant keep blaming the players."

JC - "What do you mean wasted the money? I haven't spent a penny. I'm not to be disrespectful, but you don't have a clue about football. You can lose 3 games in a row but to come at me and say I'm not good enough is unacceptable."

SK - "Don't tell me about this sport. I know much more than you will ever about football."

JC - "I can't believe you actually believe that. My knowledge for football is huge, it always has been. I will tell you what, you can shove the job. I quit! I will show you who has the bigger knowledge in football. You watch!"

I left there, feeling angry but I had realised what a stupid decision I have just made. I just walked out on a job I had managed for 3 games. That will not go down well on the CV. Could you blame me though? between a squad with no fight or desire and a chairman who didn't even give me a chance, I had to go. This is not the start I would have wanted to my manager career at all.

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

I had to talk to someone, I needed advice. Not managerial advice but friendly advice, I had to ring Steven. He's been through thick and thin with me as I have with him. We werent just team mates, we were best mates off the field too. Like brothers.

JC - "Steven, I've messed up"

SG - "Why? What's happened?"

JC - "I've quit"

SG - "What? Why?"

JC - "I couldnt hack the players, they had no desire. ******* Khan give me some as well, telling me I couldnt do the job. He told me I didnt know my football. I thought Fulham would be a good club to manage but apart from Parker and a few other, theres no heart there!"

SG - "I'm not going to lie Jamie, you should have bit your tongue, it's not going to look good for future. I get what you're saying though."

JC - "It's just the way everything was so wrong, they didnt want to win. I brought in Lingaard on loan and he told me he wanted to be a sub? What's all that about? I need to get a club soon otherwise I may struggle"

SG - "If they dont have fight or a winning mentality then drill it into them. You did it to so many of the foreign lads when you were a player. Remember Luis Garcia? Pants at first, you made him stick in and look how he turned out. Get one ASAP, whether it's at a smaller club than Fulham, you make them win."

JC - "You're right. I've let this one slip. I'll get a club and will be right back on it. Thanks mate."

SG - "No worries, call me if you need anything else mate."

Not even a Liverpool fan but really enjoying the story! Keep it up. Will be following.

Appreciate the support, I normally say thanks individually but I've left it too late but thanks everyone :)