Jamie's Bizarre Journey to the top of the mountain... of coursework

Jamie F

Surprise *****!
Reaction score
INTRODUCTION
Well, I have finally plucked up enough courage to have a crack at a story. This won't have any newspaper articles, no video highlights, just the bare essentials which is text and screenshots. This will be updated when I can be bothered but enjoy it anyway and any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcome. My challenge is to start at my local club (Loughgall F.C.) and try and become the Greatest Manager of All Time. My Experience will be set at Automatic and for random purposes, my manager’s name is Dara O’Briain, whom most of you would recognise from the comedy show Mock the Week. The story begins in the middle of March. Let the failure begin :)

BREAKING NEWS: FAT IRISH BLOKE HANDED THE REIGNS AT LOUGHGALL!!
News just in, the comedy legend that is Dara O’Briain has taken managerial control of Loughgall Football Club after previous manager Niall Currie stepped down due to family issuers. When fans heard of this they thought that it was a joke, but the comical Irishman was very serious about the situation at hand and he gave this statement to the local press:
“The reason I am here is to try my hand at the game of football, I am not the biggest fan of the game but I was in the pub a couple of months ago and my mate Ed Byrne said to me that he personally knew Blackpool manager Ian Holloway, who from what Ed has told me, is a very good manager. Ed then told me that I should try and get a job in football as it is quite easy, from what I can tell, you are in control of a bunch of kids and you tell them how to play football. I don’t have to do much running so I think it will be an easy job. I obtained my coaching badges, are they like a license to do this ****, I don’t know. Anyway, last week I finished my coaching badges and I applied for the newly vacant Loughgall job and I put forward my ideas. So here I am and I will try and do a good job here, just don’t expect any miracles, that’s like expecting Harold Shipman to preach The Bible. Thanks for your time.”
And with that Dara went home to drink some beer.

Any screenshots or any questions you want answered, let me know and I will get back to you. Just going to finish the last part of the season and I will update possibly tomorrow. Enjoy the story
Jamie

oooh. tough and interesting place to start....good luck:)

Quality manager choice Jamie :)

Good luck with this ^^)

Get Matty Burrows Hes a legend down at the oval i love him the same as every other glenman will follow as ur from N.I

It's the 2nd division of N.Ireland. I have a lot of leagues loaded and it is a sort of Journeyman story. I will take any new jobs available provided it is a step forward

Just checked, Cliftonville are 2nd in the league, Glentoran are only 5th lol. Linfield have it in the bag

Well, earlier than predicted I have finished my season, didn’t realise how short the season was, only 26 games but it was a good run in. Taking over in the middle of March in 9th position, achieving promotion wouldn’t be easy. The following screenshots will show how I got on in this quick blast at the end of the season.

View attachment 39731
View attachment 39732
View attachment 39733

View attachment 39734

View attachment 39735
So I missed out on the playoff spot by one goal on goal difference.( the team in 2nd plays the team in 2nd last in the division above to decide who goes up or down)
I didn't do myself any favours on the final day and Ards didn't help me out the way I wanted either
View attachment 39736View attachment 39737
Dara O'Briain had this statement one day after the final game of the season:
"From the table I have been given as to how well we did, called the league table apparently, we came in 3rd place. I was told that we were in 9th only a month a go so from the sounds of it, we as a team did well. I was then told that we missed out on a playoff spot, whatever the **** that is by one goal on goal difference, which baffles me. Just because I scored less goals than the other team, Bimbo Valley was it???... Limivady... whoops I shouldn't have said that... ah **** it anyway, who cares about them. Anyway where was I... oh yeah ranting about how we missed out on being "Promoted" whatever that means. Do I give the impression I know nothing about football??... I do... Good. ****, I keep getting side tracked, anyway, we should have got promoted and if we hadn't rolled over vs Honey Ball Celtic, is that right... no... oh yeah Donegal Celtic. ****, I should actually know the names of my opponents... I need a new PA. Getting side tracked again. Anyway, if we hadn't ****** that game up 4, we would be playing some team now to see if we will be playing in a better league. Right, I'm getting the **** outta here before somebody from those clubs I offended hunts me down with a sledgehammer and a pitchfork."
_____________________________________________________________________________________

I forgot the screenie of the Donegal Celtic and my Intermediate Cup final, both of which were epic failures
View attachment 39738
View attachment 39739

Unlucky on gettin a promotion there, maybe next season. Good luck for season ahead.

Thanks.The update was a bit of a mismatch as I chose to start in March which meant I found it hard to get settled into a groove. I think it would have been better to start at the beginning of the 2nd Season. I expect the title from myself this time around.
Possibly a 2 month update from the start of the league, is anybody interested in a pre-season update.
No more updates tonight anyway, going to do some coursework

Good luck my Northern Irish friend. :D I'll be following with utmost interest. :)

Lol at "FAT IRISH BLOKE".

Good luck buddy.

good luck Jamie. Hope this season won't be a fluke ;)

Thanks guys. Is the layout of it ok, I'm not sure how I want it to be. Also would you like a pre-season update or will I not bother with it. Anyway, the next season should be good as a few people are leaving on free transfer and I am looking to find a few new faces.

Nah don't worry about pre-season, I never do it.

Sorry guys for not updating, my laptop decided to get rid of 10 pages of ICT Coursework so I'm trying to remember what all I had wrote, plus I have another piece of Biology to hand in for tomorrow. Absolutely ****** off but no point crying over spilled milk, an update on this possibly tomorrow, if not then definately Wednesday

Don't worry mate. I know how you feel. I look forward to it!

Shocked he has not died of a Skittles overdose.

Sorry once again guys. I have the my first 2 games of the league and my first cup match done so far but I do not have time to write up my update until tomorrow. Biology Coursework has to be in for tomorrow and Chemistry to be done for Thursday. I never got round to writing my report due to the coursework so tomorrow there WILL be and update... If I am still alive because I have near ruined myself with late nights. I'm completely exhausted because I did not get to bed until 3 last night and tonight probably won't be any different. But I made a rare promise to myself that I will take this story as far as I possibly can, so tommorow at around 5 I will write my update.

Once again, Sorry for this story not being of any great standard