Reaction score
Is he a good buy?

Was looking at him after my scout came back with a few suggestions on a fullback to buy and he was one of them,however he didn't fully recommend him.

Apparently,to sway him from Holland,a bid of £8million should be accepted by Ajax if I was ever to table one.He looks versatile,a good defender and he's only 22 years old.

Plays best as a central defender but is able to play as a defensive midfielder just as easily.Can play down the left as a left back,left wingback and a left midfielder,as well as being the occasional sweeper should Ajax ever choose a 5-man defence.

Valued at £3.1million.

Worth it?

Last edited:
Injury Prone!.. but good, Teams Like Bayern Muchen go after him so give him more wages.

3kk? looks really worth it nice one there

he is quite good but i was often put off by his stats because at the time he didnt seem good enough, but scouts love him

I've opted for better options in the form of Nicolas Otamendi and Mathias Jorgensen.

I've opted for better options in the form of Nicolas Otamendi and Mathias Jorgensen.

Those are more solid DC, but Verthongen is great because he is versatile. I always look at him if I can afford him. Definitely would do a job for most teams, always a consistent performer for me.

I'm Rangers and a bit skint (still). How much do you reckon he would set me back in 5th season? I like the sound of him but im not one for splashing the cash.

I'm Rangers and a bit skint (still). How much do you reckon he would set me back in 5th season? I like the sound of him but im not one for splashing the cash.

Ermm,around £10-£15million? I'm not sure,I haven't ever reached as far as the fifth season.