Darrylpne

Reaction score
Anyone know some cheap but Premiership quality players for me to sign for Liverpool?

Currently at 1st January in first season and only have around £3 million to spend. The clubs bank balance is - £100,000 due to high wages and loan repayments so i can't ask for any more money and i preferably want players who won't demand massive wages.

My current team is either: 4-4-2

Reina
Johnson - Carragher - Skrtel - Aurelio
Cole - Gerrard - Poulsen - Pires
Kuyt - Torres

Subs: Jones, Bruno, Agger, Lucas, Merieles, Rodriguez, Jovanovic

Or: 4-5-1

Reina
Johnson - Carragher - Skrtel - Aurelio
Poulsen
Gerrard - Meireles
Cole Pires
Torres

Subs: Jones, Bruno, Agger, Lucas, Rodrigues, Kuyt, Jovanovic

I think I need a left midfielder and a striker but all recommendations are welcome.

Pires is too old to play constantly and Jovanovic isn't good enough so i often find myself lacking quality at left mid. A striker would also be good as Kuyt and Jovanovic(who has played most of his games upfront) have scored 2 between them so far so its left to Torres to grab the goals.

I could sell Agger, Kuyt and Jovanovic to raise money as they are on high wages and either not good enough or are used as back up but I would then need 2 replacements strikers.

Sorry for so much information but i thought it'd help me get useful suggestions.

Please help guys!

looking at the bug u can just buy anyone good who is transfer listed

with only £3m, the only thing i can suggest is maybe loan signings with a little loan fee. see which players are out of contract at end of season, normally the other clubs will take a small tranfer fee (Peineers Everton).
sorry i couldnt name any players (although i signed Kadlec for £1.8m), but hope my post will help point you in the right direction

Thanks I hadn't thought of that. Tomas Rosicky's contract is up at the end of the season so his value is only £1.7 million so that looks promising :D. Malouda is unhappy at Chelsea for some reason though and has a similar value to Agger whom Chelsea are interested in so maybe a player swap? Out of the two I'd go for Malouda as he is left footed and has better winger attributes than Rosicky but thanks for the advice.

Still struggling to find a striker though if anyone knows any cheap but effective ones?

Not do it on the patch, where you get 25 million?!

Firstly, Agger is better than Skrtel, also Lucas is amazing on my save, should be ahead of Poulsen (Who's GASH) Imo.#

Why not go 4-2-3-1?
Reina
Johno Carra Agger Aurelio
Merieles Lucas
Maxi Gerrard Kuyt
Torres?

Not do it on the patch, where you get 25 million?!

Firstly, Agger is better than Skrtel, also Lucas is amazing on my save, should be ahead of Poulsen (Who's GASH) Imo.#

Why not go 4-2-3-1?
Reina
Johno Carra Agger Aurelio
Merieles Lucas
Maxi Gerrard Kuyt
Torres?

^^ WHS

4-2-3-1 is the best formation for Liverpool IMO, and works well due to the different types of players you have. Poulsen is average at best, always go for Lucas. if you wanted proof that Poulsen is ****, watch the highlights of Portugal v Denmark, in particular, his wonder pass to Nani, setting up his 2nd goal.

I didn't even know there was a patch out XD. I'll just carry on with this game. Been playing it since it came out cause it takes me ages to play it.

I think Agger and Skrtel are pretty similar but in pre-season and in the first few games Agger made a couple of mistakes and looked a bit dodgy wheres I've only conceded 16 in 19 with Skrtel at CB.

Poulsen has played very well as DM or Ball Winning CM when playing 4-4-2 and is probably one of the main reasons for me conceding few goals. He also has better stats than Lucas but Lucas is still good and is used as back up when Poulsen is tired or injured.

4-2-3-1 seems a good idea actually. I wouldn't really need to sign anyone as I'd have no left mids anyway and only 1 striker and the players are already comfortable with it on the match preparation. My only concern is that it would leave the oppositions' AMC's or CM's with attacking duty plenty of room to run at my defence which is why I usually play 4-5-1. And playing 4-2-3-1 Deep would allow their CM's to keep the ball without too much trouble. Anyone play this formation and have these problems?

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

Its not really a case of me performing badly! I'm in the League Cup Semis, easily got through the Euro Cup Group Stage and I'm 6th in the League and if I win my games in hand I'll be 4th.

I just feel like I could do with a couple more players to beef up the team a bit but can't think who :S.

And yeah I agree Poulsen is poor in real life but on my game he's always putting in good challenges and starting counter attacks. :D

In mine i brought Bryan Ruiz for 12million AML but can play striker aswell... quality buy for me.... i had 20mil budget in january as ive edited budgets in prem for my update out this saturday 9am :)

Sell Agger and get juhasz at Anderlecht. Great great defender and you only pay 2 million euros.
Get BAros for up fron. You'll pay Galatasaray about 2.5 million and you'll never regret that money. Get Diarra from Real on loan, fee is like 100k or buy him for like dirt cheap.

Vaclav Kadlec (ST) would be a great buy on your budget and sell Kuyt to make up the funds
Also id take a look at Camacho (DMC) from atletico, On my barca save he is valued at 500k

Kadlec has been solid for me as back-up for torres and will only get better.

But Kuyt as AMR inside foward has been an absolute beast scoring about 8 in 9 league games recently so I'd think twice about where you have him.

And yeah on my save Poulsen has been impressive defensively and has scored some excellent long range goals.

Selling Jovanovic and trading agger for Malouda would be a positive but I reckon you should try Kuyt AMR and Cole AML Winger and buy Kadlec (who you should be able to get for less than 3million pounds) to support Torres.

just sell jovanovic,lucas,and agger(if can sell kuyt)you will get significant funds,buy camacho he also good on my game
[RUL=http://www.fm-base.co.uk/sig]
sig.php
[/URL]

Last edited:
If you really want a left mid, get coentrao.. 3 mil wun be enough so maybe pay over 48 months?? Just a suggestion though

In my Liverpool Game I always play Lucas ahead of Poulsen stays fitter as well. Left Wing I play Joe Cole but he is very average may play him on right but Kuyt plays really well.I think Agger is better than Skrtel. I am finding it hard to sell Players