January Transfer Window.. Best Transfer...

Jealavic could do well for Everton. I'm not sure he will be the goalscorer they need but I think he will work hard like straquilersi did against city last night.
ridgewell might turn out to be a great signing. We were in desperate need of strength there and frankly I think id be better at LB then Shorey.

)in case that wasnt sarcastic :D) You kiddin me? that shadow of a footballer? Creating a charity to save the Royal Family would've been less of a waste of money :P

trust me, Cisse man will score more goals that Torres did in his first 6 months as a Chelsea player XD

Pienaar to Everton on loan.
Cisse and Taiwo to QPR.

@LOL, that won't be hard though, really! :P

Papiss Cisse to Newcastle. Transfer of the season, period IMO :)

Also, I like Bassong. In FM, he used to score quite a few goals.

Last edited:
For me its between Cisse or Taiwo to QPR imo.

Was a pretty lame window though to be fair

Why is everyone saying Newcastle's Cisse? Personally i've never seen him play until the Africa Cup of nations and he was awful. Him and Ba were not very good, Cisse hasn't even played one game for Newcastle yet. He hasn't played in the EPL before its a whole different league to the Bundesliga and thats the major factor in why Arsenal never stepped up to try to sign Podolski because although he may be good in the german leaue it doesn't mean he'll be good in the EPL. I'll reserve my final opinion on Cisse until he has played more than 4 games for Newcastle.

Best deal of the window

Liam Ridgewell - West Brom.

Why is everyone saying Newcastle's Cisse? Personally i've never seen him play until the Africa Cup of nations and he was awful. Him and Ba were not very good, Cisse hasn't even played one game for Newcastle yet. He hasn't played in the EPL before its a whole different league to the Bundesliga and thats the major factor in why Arsenal never stepped up to try to sign Podolski because although he may be good in the german leaue it doesn't mean he'll be good in the EPL. I'll reserve my final opinion on Cisse until he has played more than 4 games for Newcastle.

The same could be said for most/all January signings. No one can tell if a player will bed into their new team well, find form or lose form, break a leg, etc.

That's why this thread is pretty stupid, 3 days after the close of the window, when everyone will just be making a decision on a preconception of the player, rather than taking into account the variables of what makes or breaks a player. I am sure when Torres moved to Chelsea in last years window, people would have been saying it was a great signing (not deal) and the best of the window. Now look at him.

I will keep my own opinions on the 'best signing of the january transfer window' till the end of the season, at least.

Jelavic to Everton is the signing of the window imo the guy is superb massive lose for the Gers :(

On a plus sign for Rangers ( Not that we have many of them) is Sone Aluko What a capture he has been for us <3

The same could be said for most/all January signings. No one can tell if a player will bed into their new team well, find form or lose form, break a leg, etc.

That's why this thread is pretty stupid, 3 days after the close of the window, when everyone will just be making a decision on a preconception of the player, rather than taking into account the variables of what makes or breaks a player. I am sure when Torres moved to Chelsea in last years window, people would have been saying it was a great signing (not deal) and the best of the window. Now look at him.

I will keep my own opinions on the 'best signing of the january transfer window' till the end of the season, at least.

Exactly mate, The only reason I have said Ridgewell was because he's already played in the EPL with Birmingham and to be honest I thought he was a good player for them and QPR's Cisse was also good for Liverpool but at least most signings have played at least one game already but Papiss Cisse has been average at best even in the German league...

I predict that Zamora will be the best signing, he is getting on a bit but he prob has four seasons left in him - targetmen don't need their pace as much as a lot of players so I think it was money well spent. Cissé to Newcastle should be good but like everyone says, new league, who knows what will happen. Worth a mention I feel concerning players from the German league coming over here, their success rate and adaptation is generally quite good, can't think of too many flops only successes.

Hamann, Babbel, Hitzelsperger, Santa Cruz before the injuries, Klinnsmann, Ba now, not too many flops come to mind

Boateng and so far Mertesacker failed to live up to expectations.

Gylfi Sigurðsson to Swansea. He fits that team perfectly

Exactly mate, The only reason I have said Ridgewell was because he's already played in the EPL with Birmingham and to be honest I thought he was a good player for them and QPR's Cisse was also good for Liverpool but at least most signings have played at least one game already but Papiss Cisse has been average at best even in the German league...

His strike rate in the Bundesliga is far above average. Only Gomez scored more last season and he plays for a much better team.

Back