CallumT

Reaction score
In the summer after my first season I was offered Jay Spearing, I'm Aston Villa, I got him for 1.9m which I thought was a bargain and now deploy him as Deep Lying Playmaker
My concern is WHY? is he like 2.5 star rating, he always plays good and since I trained him to get forward has scored a couple of important goals, his match rating isn't the best (7.14) but he is an important player, isn't old, was cheap and has low wages, just wondering why he is so under estimated and wanted to hear your experiences with him.

for me i use him as back up to lucas but he improves and will get a better rating if he plays a lot of games.

Hes a good honest pro who works hard and tries his best. He'll spend most of his career at a low level premier league club/ high level championship. That's where I see his level at irl and I think fm represents him well at around that point too.

Hmmm
I'm a top league prem team now and use him :)

Get someone better then. Your tactics must be really good if he's a star for you.

Get someone better then. Your tactics must be really good if he's a star for you.

Why should he get someone else, if Spearing performs well? No team has 11 stars on the pitch. Good overall mental stats, workrate and stamina makes him a good team player. Which is something every team needs, especially in midfield.
I agree that he will never become a star player, but it is not like he's useless in a good PL team...

I don't feel the need for a 'better' player, as he consistently performs well as Torglenn said.
Also he is the one player who I find fits in the role he plays well.