Jelavic wants Iconic stature at Gers.

AldoKemp-1

Reaction score
Rangers star Nikica Jelavic insists he wants to emulate fellow countryman Dado Prso and become a legend at Ibrox.

Jelavic has settled in well to life in Glasgow and has scored 16 goals this season following his move from Rapid Vienna.

The form of the Croatian international has seen him linked with a move to England, with Aston Villa said to be keeping tabs on him.

But, whilst acknowledging the Premier League interest, he insists he wants to continue to prove himself with Rangers.

"I love it in Glasgow, maybe this is not the prettiest town in the world but I have found my peace here and also a great passion to play football," he told Jutarnji List.

"Being a Rangers player is such a privilege.

"The Premier League? There are talks about this, I'm reading about interest from Aston Villa but my main goal is to one day be like Dado Prso.

"I want to be an icon as he was here."

Being a Ger not sure how to take this, as we have heard it many times before from Boumsong, Cuellar, Boyd etc... Whats others views on it. Love the big guy and hope he does stay for plenty of years to come but do you think he will jump ship to the Prem if a bid gets accepted ?

Source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_6911321,00.html

You will find out when he either hits a hot run of form(bigger/more glamorous clubs after him), or he just flops miserably.

when i first read this i thought it said Jelavic wants iconic statue at Rangers lol ! XD

was dado prso really a legend at ibrox ?

Put it this way;

Upon his retirement, he was given a guard of honour before a match at the Ibrox, with thousands of fans clapping and chanting his name. So, yeah.

After watching him at Ibrox since he came he definetly could come a fan favourite but not Legend

After watching him at Ibrox since he came he definetly could come a fan favourite but not Legend

That would depend, he's only 25, he has plenty of time ahead of him, if he decides to stay 'for good', who knows.

Suits me fine, can stay as long as he wants ^^) Big mans class, cut above the rest, has an extraordinary footballing brain, lacking a bit of pace, but more often than not he makes up for it was his sheer ability.

If he stays, I don't see why not!

But I'd rather have Super Hooper and Stokesy!;p

Jelavic is better than Stokes. well Better!! and He probably is better than Hooper aswell maybe not as clinical but overall Jelavic is the more complete striker. He can Hold the ball up, Pick passes, Win the ball in the air and also score. The man is a complete striker where as hooper is just more of a scorer.

Jelavic is better than Stokes. well Better!! and He probably is better than Hooper aswell maybe not as clinical but overall Jelavic is the more complete striker. He can Hold the ball up, Pick passes, Win the ball in the air and also score. The man is a complete striker where as hooper is just more of a scorer.
I agree, but I also agree with Chaz. Daryl Murohy is better than all three though :p

Jelavic is a very good lone striker as he can do a bit of everything, overall a better player. But Stokes and Hooper together complement each other massively. So I wouldnt want Jelavic at Celtic (hypothetically speaking) If we had him id rather play Stokes and Hooper than Jelavic in any combination with them or as a long striker.