Status
Not open for further replies.

willster947

Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been asked before but why is Oliver kahn called Jens Mustermann in the FM series?
It's really bugging me lol. i hope you can help.
Regards Billy

i remember on LMA on PlayStation 2 he had also got a different fake name dont why though

maybe wouldn't sell his name rights?? on my lma his name is correct till 2004...same for FIFA games....someone must know lol

Copyright issues

As was the case with Football Manager 2005, the developers were again unable to include certain data in the game due to licensing and/or copyright issues. All of the same data affected in FM 2005 appears to be affected again in the 2006 version along with the Japanese, South Korean and Chinese national teams (which now only include 'virtual' players). Notably, Oliver Kahn has been named 'Jens Mustermann'. However, there is a possibility to correct most of the data "mistakes" simply by deleting certain files in the game directory.

taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Manager_2006

this is from fm 2006 but i presume it is the same reason

i understand that with certain countries etc...but why 1 european player of oliver kahn??? every other player wasn't affected so i wanted to know why he wasn't listed and why he was copyright protected??
as he isn't on any game correctly...did he decide?? sponsors etc..

because he hold his own image right, whilst most players sign them over to the clubs they play for

Also, "Jens Mustermann" is a common made-up name in Germany for when you need someone's name but can't or don't want to use a real persons name.
I.e., on a passport photo-booth, if there's a picture of an ID for demonstration purposes in Germany, the name on it will most likely be Jens Mustermann (or Petra, if it's a girl).
Just FYI

Also, "Jens Mustermann" is a common made-up name in Germany for when you need someone's name but can't or don't want to use a real persons name.
I.e., on a passport photo-booth, if there's a picture of an ID for demonstration purposes in Germany, the name on it will most likely be Jens Mustermann (or Petra, if it's a girl).
Just FYI

So like our John/Jayne Doe ? interesting :)

Question answered so no use having the thread open.

Status
Not open for further replies.