hezie99

Reaction score
I started my season with spurs and managed to win the champions league, however I do find that defoe needs about 15 chances before he will stick one away.

Does anyone else find this to be a problem in their games. I ended up benching him in my second season because he was so inconsistent when in front of goal.

My current front two are Dzeko (very slow to start but now scores 2 or 3 goals a game) and a player called Jelen i got on a free transfer.

I would very much like your opinion on defoe because I cannot get the best out of him, I play him as a poacher but he just cannot finish regularly (causes problems if I only get 2 or 3 chances a game).

Thanks

Last time I played Defoe with a target man he racked up 25+ goals

How are you playing Dzeko?

Try varying Defoe's roles? Advanced foward, complete forward etc.

Using spurs here as well. I sold Defoe and Pavlyuchenko and bought Llorente to be my lone striker.

cheers, first season he scored 40 goals but missed probabaly 3 times that amount of chances, this season he cannot score to save his life, i've currently got dzeko as a target man(S) and played defoe as a poacher

Used Defoe as a poacher and he got 53 in all competitions, playing 4-2-3-1 with Modric Van Der Vaart and Lennon supporting.

i remember playing as villa on a net game and he ran the show for the fella in charge as spurs, he was like 32 but he scored for fun, think he was on poacher attack

in my save defoe is 31 years old (4th season) but he is still scoring for fun for me and i am rotating him with dzeko and sanogo while he is also keeping neymar out of the team. It seems neymar can dribble past the whole of the opposition defence but then he always blasts it either wide or straight at the keeper while defoe puts away most of his chances.

lol thats what defoe does for me, does all the hard work then fires in wide 65% of the time

i play a 4 3 3 formation with spurs set your defensive line to deep set all your midfielder roles to central midfield support use the middle striker to deep lying forward and set to support ie pavlyuchenko and set the other 2 strikers to poachers but make sure you set your team to counter with direct passing its a flawless tactic

with this defoe got 36 premier league goals in my season

Try making him learn going around the keeper and unlearn "Tries first time shots", That way he will be in more balance when he finishes.