Jermaine Beckford in the Premier League?

LionelPienaar

Banned
Reaction score
I would like opinions on Beckfords transition to the Premiership and smooth everyone thinks it will/will not go.

Plus a word on his worth on FM itself and the same question is he good enough for the Prem?

He isn't good enough in my opinion and should have tried to go to somewhere like Blackpool or Forest.

He isn't good enough in my opinion and should have tried to go to somewhere like Blackpool or Forest.

I know it's your opinion, but you can't say 'A player is not good enough' for a league. Thats just questioning his ability, and you can't really judge till you've seen him play in the league.

We all know he can get goal, and he's got a goal vs United so who knows.

Did people say this about Cahill when Everton signed him?

If he could challenge the best in England (Man Utd 0 -1 Leeds)and defeat them how can he not be good enough for the Premier League? He will have better players around him than he had at leeds you never know he might spring a suprise.

I think he can tbh, if he gets a decent run in the side, and get's his confidence up, I think he can cut it.

Ive got a feeling he will be poor in the top 6 team if he went to a top 10 then i reckon he would be a hit there :S

Ive got a feeling he will be poor in the top 6 team if he went to a top 10 then i reckon he would be a hit there :S
Everton aren't a top 6 side currently, 8th. So they're in the middle, lol

of course were a top 6 team lol and to be honest for a free transfer he is well worth a gamble got to be better than yakubu

I don't think he will get a good amount of CONSECUTIVE games, he is a player who is either in form or not and he needs the games in order to show his full ability i reckon but with Jo as a hopeful everton player next season i could see them two linking together well

Haven't seen enough of him to say he'd be a sure fire hit. But he does have one thing SPEED. Everything else can be taught but pace is something you have or you don't. His pace has the potential to be a gamebreaker and it's something Everton is a little bit short on. Personally he's not a guy I'd bet everything on but as an impact player against certain matchups I think he'll do well for Everton. At the very least IMO I'd be willing to see him get major minutes against some of the lower quality defenses of the premiership eg any team that conceded 50+goals this season, because really there are champioship level defenses masquerading as top flight defenses every year. And from the 1/2 dozen games I've seen of him he'd be "a leading star for most Championship sides". If he does the job against those level of teams as someone coming in on a free I think that's ok value.

Last edited:
He will be a decent player in the Prem and his pace is sure to help him loads plus Everton is a great club for him to play in

I think he will get goals for them as long as they don't loose Arteta or Cahill because they will be key to thread the balls through to him