Jesperkl

Reaction score
Hi. Recently I have worked hard to build a tactic which played exactly like I want it to. There I want the whole team to work hard defensively, and then be deadly in the attack with many men forward.

I chose this formation because with 3 central defenders I can let the wing backs be more offensive, and I chose to use a DMC (regista) as well because I really love the Pirlo role and he is there so everyone mostly have somebody to pass back to if under pressure plus he can feed the more attacking players with some precise passings.

I use 2 Box to box midfielders because I like midfielders like Vidal who can work hard both ways plus I want to have more players into the box when we get the ball out on the wings to the complete wing backs.

In the attack I tried many things, but only 2 complete forwards works the way I want it to. One gets a pass in a deep lying forward role, and the other striker makes a run into the box to receive a through ball.. or sometimes a complete wingbacks comes running and receives it to score. I have also made a new version of the tactic which uses a Complete forward (attack) and a trequartista.

I wanted the two outer central defenders to be ball playing defenders to allow them to make some counter attacking passes at time, and because I wanted to allow them to be more part of the short passing football together with the regista. They also got stopper role to allow them to for example help the wingback, while the two other central defenders stay in the box to win headers if a cross comes in.

With both versions of the tactic I reached everything I wanted. I won everything, I didn't sign any player. But I also did it with alot of goals, from many differerent players, and very few goals conceded.

The 2 complete forwards version of the tactic was a little bit more succesful, but if I have to be honest I have to say I like the trequartista version better, which got a little bit unlucky at the end of the season. It won the league in the end of march already. I also like the play with the trequartista version more. It gives a little bit more roam and creativity to open up tight defences, and it's beautiful to watch. :)

The League:

View attachment 364509

With trequartista version:

View attachment 364464

Champions league:

View attachment 364508

With trequartista version:

View attachment 364463

I also tested both tactics with Paris SG. First I used my 3-5-2 with two strikers, and when I signed Hatem Ben Arfa in january I used my trequartista version, and when he was injured I went back to 3-5-2 with two strikers. :)

View attachment 364269 View attachment 364268

I use two mentalities, counter or control. When I am a favorite in a league match I use Control, when I am underdog I use counter.

In Champions League I generally use counter away and control at home, unless for example if I lose home in champions league quarterfinal to a team, then I would use control away against them, because I have to win and I cant expect the other team to move forward to make counter any good for me. Other way around if I play away first leg, use counter, and win, I would probably also use counter at home. :)

You can do it the way you want, just decide what you think is best in the situation, counter or control.

This is the formations:

View attachment 364507 View attachment 364462

View attachment 364506

NEW TREQUARTISTA VERSION:

View attachment 364465

Last edited:
Good luck. :D Remember to tell me how it goes and what you think can be better. :)

Just tested it with Rennes. Didn't sign any players, and finished second in the league although the team didn't have the right players. (For example we only had 3 DC's so we were in trouble everytime one got tired or injured). The midfielders and strikers fitted the tactic pretty good though.

View attachment 625486

Right now I am making a new version of the tactic. With a AMC trequartista and complete forward (attack), instead of 2 complete forward (support). Good start so far, and it looks like it's getting the best out of Tevez and Llorente. It also gives the team a little bit more creativity than before. :p

View attachment 364473

Right now I am making a new version of the tactic. With a AMC trequartista and complete forward (attack), instead of 2 complete forward (support). Good start so far, and it looks like it's getting the best out of Tevez and Llorente. It also gives the team a little bit more creativity than before. :p

View attachment 625548
Can u share it

Totally offtopic and maybe a little stupid question:
How can u change thread title?

Cause i wanna change mine by months...

Treq Version work great, Beat Man City 2-1 using southampton and a draw with Bayern Munich :)

Treq Version work great, Beat Man City 2-1 using southampton and a draw with Bayern Munich :)

That's great! But you can't already be sure it works great for your team after few matches, but I sure hope it continues that way. :p

That's great! But you can't already be sure it works great for your team after few matches, but I sure hope it continues that way. :p

I try jesper 3-5-2 with sunderland i will tell you the results....
A question the training?

I try jesper 3-5-2 with sunderland i will tell you the results....
A question the training?

As training I use team cohession on Very high intensivity and no rest at pre-season, and then balanced on either high or medium intensivity (depending on player happiness) with rest after match. :)

Can anyone tell me how to add tactics to the classic mode? I normally play the full mode but will be getting this for vita so want to play classic. Thanks

try it with ebbsfleet sacked after 10 games..... DOES NOT WORK FOR SMALL TEAMS!!