try it with ebbsfleet sacked after 10 games..... DOES NOT WORK FOR SMALL TEAMS!!

Yes I guess so. I also tried it with some smaller teams, without any success. I guess it's because attacking quite quickly with short passing is very difficult for small teams. It does take some very good players to be able to work so hard both ways, and good registas or even complete forwards and trequartistas is difficult to have at low level. :)

Hi. Recently I have worked hard to build a tactic which played exactly like I want it to. There I want the whole team to work hard defensively, and then be deadly in the attack with many men forward.

I chose this formation because with 3 central defenders I can let the wing backs be more offensive, and I chose to use a DMC (regista) as well because I really love the Pirlo role and he is there so everyone mostly have somebody to pass back to if under pressure plus he can feed the more attacking players with some precise passings.

I use 2 Box to box midfielders because I like midfielders like Vidal who can work hard both ways plus I want to have more players into the box when we get the ball out on the wings to the complete wing backs.

In the attack I tried many things, but only 2 complete forwards works the way I want it to. One gets a pass in a deep lying forward role, and the other striker makes a run into the box to receive a through ball.. or sometimes a complete wingbacks comes running and receives it to score. I have also made a new version of the tactic which uses a Complete forward (attack) and a trequartista.

I wanted the two outer central defenders to be ball playing defenders to allow them to make some counter attacking passes at time, and because I wanted to allow them to be more part of the short passing football together with the regista. They also got stopper role to allow them to for example help the wingback, while the two other central defenders stay in the box to win headers if a cross comes in.

With both versions of the tactic I reached everything I wanted. I won everything, I didn't sign any player. But I also did it with alot of goals, from many differerent players, and very few goals conceded.

The 2 complete forwards version of the tactic was a little bit more succesful, but if I have to be honest I have to say I like the trequartista version better, which got a little bit unlucky at the end of the season. It won the league in the end of march already. I also like the play with the trequartista version more. It gives a little bit more roam and creativity to open up tight defences, and it's beautiful to watch. :)

The League:

View attachment 625442

With trequartista version:

View attachment 625570

Champions league:

View attachment 625444

With trequartista version:

View attachment 625571

I also tested both tactics with Paris SG. First I used my 3-5-2 with two strikers, and when I signed Hatem Ben Arfa in january I used my trequartista version, and when he was injured I went back to 3-5-2 with two strikers. :)

View attachment 626003 View attachment 626004

I use two mentalities, counter or control. When I am a favorite in a league match I use Control, when I am underdog I use counter.

In Champions League I generally use counter away and control at home, unless for example if I lose home in champions league quarterfinal to a team, then I would use control away against them, because I have to win and I cant expect the other team to move forward to make counter any good for me. Other way around if I play away first leg, use counter, and win, I would probably also use counter at home. :)

You can do it the way you want, just decide what you think is best in the situation, counter or control.

This is the formations:

View attachment 625445 View attachment 625572

View attachment 625446

NEW TREQUARTISTA VERSION:

View attachment 625566

Hello! I was a bit interested in your tactics to psg and wondering which players you have on your tactics? What are your individual training out and the match training for pre seasion and During, Would really be appreciated for the help:)

@jesperkl FANTASTIC results there bro! I tried this with Italy in my 2014 World Cup database but still couldn't get them out of the Group Stage. Tied England 0-0, beat Costa Rica 3-0 and lost to Uruguay 1-0. The cool thing tho was that in both the England/Costa Rica games Italy allowed ZERO shots on target.

Here's a screen shot of the lineup I used and final group results.

View attachment 363598 View attachment 363597

Hello! I was a bit interested in your tactics to psg and wondering which players you have on your tactics? What are your individual training out and the match training for pre seasion and During, Would really be appreciated for the help:)
You have Pastore . Use treq Version :)

@jesperkl FANTASTIC results there bro! I tried this with Italy in my 2014 World Cup database but still couldn't get them out of the Group Stage. Tied England 0-0, beat Costa Rica 3-0 and lost to Uruguay 1-0. The cool thing tho was that in both the England/Costa Rica games Italy allowed ZERO shots on target.

Here's a screen shot of the lineup I used and final group results.

View attachment 627484 View attachment 627487

Interesting, and yes the defence seems extremely strong, but we need to find a way to make the attack stronger. :) I keep thinking about ideas but not everything is working. :)

Did you only use counter mentality or did you adjust to your opponent? :)

Last edited:

Hi :D Oh, I think I just used the normal PSG team with the normal 3-5-2 tactic first.. But when I signed Hatem Ben Arfa (and afterwards other good AMC trequartistas) I used the trequartista version. :)

Invidual training would be the same as their role, on medium workload. I dont know about match training so much because I havent played much normal football manager. I mostly play FMC :)

Interesting, and yes the defence seems extremely strong, but we need to find a way to make the attack stronger. :) I keep thinking about ideas but not everything is working. :)

Did you only use counter mentality or did you adjust to your opponent? :)

I was favorite in all 3 games so I stuck with Control. Yes I was hurting attack wise but you did average close to 2.5 goals per game with your Juve save so thats not bad at all!

Hi :D Oh, I think I just used the normal PSG team with the normal 3-5-2 tactic first.. But when I signed Hatem Ben Arfa (and afterwards other good AMC trequartistas) I used the trequartista version. :)

Invidual training would be the same as their role, on medium workload. I dont know about match training so much because I havent played much normal football manager. I mostly play FMC :)

Thanks for your reply :) Do you think this tactic would work at full fm mode? And do you think i need to have OI instructions on full fm mode? Would be appreciated for the help :)

I was favorite in all 3 games so I stuck with Control. Yes I was hurting attack wise but you did average close to 2.5 goals per game with your Juve save so thats not bad at all!

Yes, but Juventus team fit it almost perfectly I would say.. And the Champions League matches was very difficult. :)

I have made a new 4-2-3-1 tactic which have been excellent with smaller teams as well.. My cousins boyfriend needed a tactic because he didnt do well with his small spanish 2. division team, I made that for him and his team went crazy and went to 3. place, and beat some good teams like Deportivo etc.

I then tried it with Guimaraes in the portuguese league, and went to quarterfinals in Euro Cup and I am third in the league with only few games left, still with a chance to get 2. :)

Thanks for your reply :) Do you think this tactic would work at full fm mode? And do you think i need to have OI instructions on full fm mode? Would be appreciated for the help :)

I am sure it will work with full fm mode since it's most likely the same match engine. I think OI instructions can be very useful, if used in the right way and with care.. So try to experiement and tweak the tactic for your taste. :D