Jimmy Bullard

Deano

Deuce
Reaction score
Just want to say how sorry I am to see Bullard injure his other knee today :(

I hope it isn't too serious but he was in a lot of tears so I fear the worst. The only positive is that it's not the same knee he had the surgery on but it's still so cruel when you consider the injury problems.

The horror injury with Scott Parker (unintentional) but it's soo ugly.

He went down' again in debut for Hull and I just feel well bad for him, I think he's a top player and wish he never left Fulham. I can't understand why we boo'd him but yeah.

Hopefully it's not too serious.

totally with you mate... a very gifted player that doesn't deserve any of this at all!

never cheats or moans just loves football and gets on with it, and has such a horrific time with injuries.

its a disgrace really.

when theres players out there diving none stop, or wasting their careers by not pushing themselves in training etc.

all the best to jimmy.

Yeah he's a proper good lad, and he was a great player for us. Hated that we sold him. He's so enthusiastic about footie aswell and was close to getting his first cap.

Ye i would say he was an outsider for the world cup if he kept playing like he did. An explosive player like david dunn another one who doesnt deserve the injuries! former blues as well ;).

and ye i was baffled when fulham let him go, i wouldn't of but i suppose every manager is different and makes their own decisions.

back when jimmy signed for wigan from peterborough we was meant to buy him but didn't take up the deal and signed other targets, what a mistake that was. And wigan snapped him up instead.

iv always liked him as a player, lets hope he doesn't get added to the list of early retirements.

it was a shame with dean ashton as well another great potential player. shocking!
there seems to be a lot of it going around at the moment with early retirements and career threatening injuries.

Yeah Ahston's is well sad, first call up to England, horror tackle from SWP and he's out for a year. He came back though played a season, but went down again, real shame.

I don't think the football boots protect the players as well as they used to.

you might be on to something there ye.

could be a number of reasons, like they are at such a peak physical fitness that there muscles tendons ligaments etc become susceptible to injury. From my personal opinion, not stats and probably a lot of others will disagree with me. There are fair less injuries lower through the leagues than at the top level.

therefore says to me it may be down to level of fitness, or the style or pace of play that their playing at maybe ?

maybe someone will come out with a reason one day who knows....

and ye the ashton story is shocking! like many others in the past...

thats a thread actually... anyone that reads this, how many early retirements through injury or health can we think of to date..

i bet there are more than we think

yep mate he is, its a shame, you see these cheating divers like cristiano ronaldo and didier drogba diving week in week out, and you see players like jimmy not diving not moaning just getting on with the game, drogba should hang his head in shame, i hope his injury against city yesterday was bad

Hope Jimmy can recover from this because he is a brillaint player and has had really bad luck with injuries. Get better soon ;)

agree with joe, drogba falls all over himself like the cheat he is, he deserves a career ruining injury, this guy is a nice fella who is class and should be contesting for the england squad

We've become a better side since he left

imo a lot of that is down to the new manager and some good signings. I don't think they've got better without bullard, but it's not like they need him

he would've been capped if he hadnt been injured. sigghhhh

Poor Jimmy
I have great respect for the man, first as a footballer, but secondly as one of the most down to earth lloking guys you'll ever see playing on a football pitch

Thankfully lads he's only going to be out for 6-8 weeks. Obviously its still a bad injury but it could have been so much worse, so hopefully we'll see Jimmy back on the pitch in January/February

Everyone saying that Drogba 'deserves a bad injury' is pathetic. Yes, he is known to dive, but nobody deserves a career ruining injury and anyone that wishes it on him is bitter, pathetic and sick minded.

Bullard doesn't deserve this, he gives 100% every game and all he gets is bad injuries.

Yeah definately, I think he definately merited an England call up when he got one. There were times where he single handedly won us games with some amazing free kicks and plays.

He also provided the cross for Murphy to save us from relegation :)