Simon B

Reaction score
Signed Joao Moutinho in january with Manchester City for £16.75million. I play a 4-4-2 with Moutinho playing in central midfield.
I'm now in March and Moutinho has been playing really badly; getting an average rating of 6.47.

Is is just matter of time before he becomes good, or do I need to do something?

i have moutihno as well for my chelsea and its the same with me, he will play games really well then pay really badly :s

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

although i rotate joao moutihno, lampard, miguel veloso and essien regularly so thats probably the reason for him not doing well with me

give him time to settle in england because he doesnt speak english hard to communicate with teamates and etc.

usually when someone does **** in first season he should shine the next when he gels with teammates and learn english

must give him a season or so to adapt.if u already did that n it continues,try chngn his mentality settings so he is attack minded and has more freedom to operate.that should solve it.

He's quite amazing for me, tbh. i play him in center midfield along side Mascherano. I give him attacking mentality and much creative freedom, and then i give Mascherano defensive mentality. Also, i rotate him with Diego based on condition, form, competition ect..

yeah i have the same trouble he isn't playing aswell for me average rating of 6.76 im thinking of telling him his performances are subpar ?? .. see if that will give him a kick up the *** .. plus he is my team captain with his influence rating on 18 .. but he isnt performing like a captain tbh .. i dunno wot to do HELP !!! .. my team is this GK ankifeev .. LB bale .. CB corluka .. CB sakho .. RB .. asqulceuta ( spelling may be wrong but he is quite good) .. RM bentley .. CM mountinho .. CM palacios .. LM guardado .. ST balotelli .. ST keane.. SUBS : gomes (gk) woodgate, alan drageov (spelling?) camacho, and defoe or pavluchenko, modric, and dos santos .. i keep giving both camacho and drageov games to get them settled camacho more so then drageov .. moral is excellent it say in confidence screen just dont no about mountinho his performences are subpar .. but u wud think with the high rating in attributes he should be possibly one of the best performers in the team .. its odd .. one more thing he doesnt improve much in training .. onli his first touch =s lol

Yh give him time to settle in. Luckily i never had this problem with him, he performed from the start. Also try and tell him things in player interaction like your deeply upset with the way he is playing or give him a rest

I bought him along with a load of other players when I started a Man City game. He is in midfield in a 442 alongside Veloso. He is my Playmaker and I have his creative freedom set to almost maximum and forward runs often. From Day 1 he has been awesome - averages most games in the 7's, often in the 8's, scores on average a goal every 2 or 3 games.

Moutinho is regularly one of the first players I would buy when I start a new game. The guy is awesome. Well worth the 10 million pounds I pay for him. Give him time to gel and he will excel for you. The way he plays, you will need to give him lots of creative freedom. He works well as a deep laying playmaker or a attacking playmaker.

One thing I will retrain is to remove his 'dwell on the ball' preference, he's better off releasing the ball quicker, in my opinion.