Job Changing

Safc

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you actually change jobs during ur career? or do u stay with the team you pick at the start.
Personally i stick with the team i choose at the start.

Yeah, me too mate. However i do take the national jobs. That is because you can mange both at the same time.

I will keep with my team until I grab everything I can, then a change is possible to have a bigger curriculum and a breeze of addiction :)

got a bit of a dilema with that at the mo.

started unemployed with the idea that id work my way up the leagues with various jobs and see if i can reach the top. A proper management career i guess. But i also wanted to have some loyalty and stick with a club until i felt i couldnt really take it any further.

The first job i got was bognor, finished 7th 1st season, mainly due to injuries, but absolutely flying in 2nd season, top by 14 points in february, got to the conference league cup south semi final (lost on pens), went out the 1st round proper of the FA Cup losing a closely fought game with L1 Walsall 2-1 and still in the fa trophy 4th round.

Then Millwall (14th in L1) come and offer me a job. A club with the potential to be a big club, and obviously a step up of 3 divisions, which would obviously be a good 'career' move. But I do still think i could go further than I have with bognor. Not sure how far though, possibly not as high as L1.

cant decide what to do! i earlier sat for about an hour without forwarding the game and eventually gave up and saved it cos i couldnt decide there n then!

anyone got any thoughts on what i should do? or how far i could reliasticially take the mighty bognor?

Well it depends but if start off with a top team ill usually stay with them but if im in the bsn and someone big offers me the job ill usually accept

i was thinking about starting one unemployed and working my up but i always find that what ever team i am i like to buy good young players and watch them preogress , which is why i usually stay with the same team

i always stay the same unless i want to switch nation for example i win everything in england so i move to spain or italy

The only job I'm interested in during a career game is the Liverpool one. I'll change clubs (always upwards, occasionally sideways to a different league) just to build up the reputation to get it.

just started a game with hamilton , as ive not managed in scotland before , going to try a career where i change jobs and see how it goes

I think its good to decide before you start. But it depends how loyal you are to your club and how much money, facilities, support, potential and staff the team offering you there job has. Also, I only take one job at a time.

i very rearely ever change my job i can remember on football manager 2008 i had played 17 seasons with middlesbrough and pretty much made them as big as manchester united with a huge following and some good players at the tim like shevchenko

i managed 2 teams..
first one is man utd..
and the other one was started from unemployed..
then my career started from exeter from division 3.
them i moved to brighton n bring to the premiership..

zebedee, whats ur liverpool game? do u mean u started low down and are trying to build ur way up to get the liverpool job?

sounds interesting. I guess i was thinking pretty much the same but didnt have a particular team in mind, just a 'top' job at a massive club i guess. Think, barca, real, utd, liverpool, chelsea, etc or the england job, or possibly Spurs as thats my team i support. But at the same time i quite like the idea of having built up a club to match one these greats. decisions decisions!

Have u got a link to this liverpool game if thats what ur doing? wouldnt mind a read of it

cheers

Yidoyido, I think you should stay with Bognor, might take a few more seasons but you can build up almost any team unless there fans and board are too demanding.

I started at Man City then I made a massive **** up and got sacked, long story! To do with accidently saving over the game, so I joined Modena (Serie B) one of the only clubs I could. I made some good buys and will probably make playoffs this year but Im gonna stay with them untill they are comfortably mid table Serie A. Then move to Spain, hopfully il have better rep.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

There will always be better offers next year

hi cheers for the reply, just made a decision, was very tempted by millwall as i realised they were only 8 points adrift of the playoffs with 14games to go! but i stuck with bognor! i at least want to see what i can do with them, im 95% sure of getting a promotion this season so im sure ill have other offers from L1 later if need be!

Kinda tried to keep it realistic in that if i was starting in management i want to cut my teeth in the lower leagues rather than just going to a higher club asap, so here goes!

zebedee, whats ur liverpool game? do u mean u started low down and are trying to build ur way up to get the liverpool job?

sounds interesting. I guess i was thinking pretty much the same but didnt have a particular team in mind, just a 'top' job at a massive club i guess. Think, barca, real, utd, liverpool, chelsea, etc or the england job, or possibly Spurs as thats my team i support. But at the same time i quite like the idea of having built up a club to match one these greats. decisions decisions!

Have u got a link to this liverpool game if thats what ur doing? wouldnt mind a read of it

cheers

The reason why I start at the bottom rather than straight out with Liverpool is that I got bored of 40 year + games at Liverpool, winning everything and not being challenged at all.

I start unemployed with the Blue Square South and North loaded and automatic reputation. Basically, I just manage my way up the divisions building up my reputation (which at game start is sufficient to get a job at Dorchester or Bognor). I use LLM rules without being a twit about them - eg I buy players that I have scouted or come to my attention in game, so no Reunion players for me. I'll manage any top club to be honest, but Liverpool is the ultimate aim. It doesn't stop me taking a club with potential up the divisions (in previous career games I did this all the time with Hull) but realistically, some teams just don't have the resources to get the reputation built up unless I am willing to compromise on my personal rules for playing the game.

Not doing an aar on this one (only play one career game at a time) - started one with Bognor under 9.3 but technical problems brought it to a close. Takes more time than I want to spend to be honest - end up writing for longer than I am actually playing. I watch matches in full so my games are slow. Currently I'm second season in. Finished 15th last season (serious injury crisis and very, very bad run of form pulled me back from pushing for play-offs). Currently 12th at the end of October because I'm still in all cup competitions (First round of FA Cup coming up against Woking of the BSP) and my players are getting shattered playing a game every 3 days so the league form dips after the cup heroics.

In FM05 did a game from unemployment, but since I still sucked didn't get too far. From portuguese third division and a team with just starting 11 and bench players being real moved to a 2B spanish team, then resigned as I didn't save them from relegation (there's no 3rd division for Spain in FM, logically considering 2nd B is four groups of 20 teams and Third is eighteen groups of twenty teams each) and then to a 2nd from Poland.

Next game was the one I'm following in FM09: took one from the middle, Rushden & Diamonds in League 2 of England, got it to League One, then took job from Wigan in Championship, got it to Premier and then changed to FM09 and got Wigan. Now in second season with not much expectance to get it a real improvement despite my huge transfer budget (18 millions) with which I plan to start buying the best there is but I say don't expect much because it's either buy many of equivalent quality to what I already got, or not enough of the real best as those would be very expensive.

Some fixtures ago Portsmouth sacked their manager (they were lying one point from relegation and my team 14th eight), I don't know exactly how the teams are now (mine's 13th now) but I think if they offer I'll take it.

And depending on they offering and what I get I may first play one season with Real Madrid and then start unemployed to try make a career from nothing

soon as i had football manager a few weeks ago i decided to see if i could get burnley into the prem, so i started out with them, fully intending to stay with them for as long as they could take me, but after half a season (where i was only mid table with burnley, 13th i think i was) west ham sacked zola and i was one of the favourites to take over the job.

so i appailed and they offered me the job so i took it. normally i dont change jobs, but ive always wanted to be west ham but never really been them so i thought at the time why not. i made a good choice as when i took them over they were 19th in the prem and i managered to save them by coming 16th, then 2nd season i finished 7th and gained entry into the uefa cup, and in the 3rd season now, im 7th in the prem again with a 3 point gap to 8th, and in the semi finals of the ufea cup

I change teams but only if new team is one I feel I can acheive something with ie went from grimsby who id made into a safe mid table l1 team to norwich who i thought i couyld take into prem failed on that though lol but in other games i regect job as cant see benefits in taking it on. just started a new game unemployed with sunday league exp will be interesting to see how far i can get.

got a bit of a dilema with that at the mo.

started unemployed with the idea that id work my way up the leagues with various jobs and see if i can reach the top. A proper management career i guess.

Never thought of this aspect of the game. It's very interesting!

Maybe I'll give it a try one of these days.