Job Offers???

Reaction score
I haven't played more than 2 seasons in a game of FM yet so if this answer is really obvious my apologies!!!

Is it possible to be offered jobs without declaring your interest? I recently declared my interest in the Fulham job after I won the title with Man Utd and they sacked Chris Coleman the following day and offered me the job. I have seen this before but I was just wondering if a club or nation will offer you the job without declaring an interest?

Yes if you don't declare your interest they will still approach you.

yeah if they really want you they will offer you it but if you really want the job and you think you have a good chance of getting it then declare you interest as it alerts the club your interested and puts you top of the list of candidates

but beware , your current club gets a bit annoyed if you dont get it

Cheers guys

Clearly Im not a good enough manager just yet:p

international job offers

how long or how good do you have to be before national sides offer you jobs and can you declare your interest in a national teams job

i think its roughly two seasons and you probably have to win the title and then usually there are like a couple of international sides that want you.

Your nationality also helps, lets say you are scottish then the Scottish team will consider you for the job without declaring even. You have to be showing signs of winning with your current club/country.

Exactly, it also depends on what level of international management you want to start at. I won the league title in my first season with Inter, plus runner-up in the CL, and soon after I got the Mexico job. I won the NAGC against Brazil, and moved on to the Czech Republic job. There I came second in the Euro Championships, and, having won the CL twice and another title with Inter in the meantime, I was offered the England job, when Sven was sacked after losing in the semi's of Euro 08.

I was offered the England job after 5 seasons winning the premiership 3 times finishing 2nd and 3rd the other 2 seasons winning champions league League cup twice and FA cup 3 times

Aphrika said:
Your nationality also helps, lets say you are scottish then the Scottish team will consider you for the job without declaring even. You have to be showing signs of winning with your current club/country.

Nationality does not have anything with job declaring... For example, in my current game im Seychellois and i have been asked to work for Germany, Poland and Argentina. In my previous game I was Serbian nationality and i was manager of Portugal national team.

And for being asked for job in some national team, i think on personal tab, you have to be description\reputation - talented manager\world class...

Don_Gorgon said:
Nationality does not have anything with job declaring...

Sorry buddy, but your nationality HELPS in getting a mangers job in certain countries, and especially for the country who's nationality you are playing as. Playing in a certain countries domestic league also gives you a closer look in than if you were playing in China for instance. It does NOT mean that you HAVE to be a nationality of a country to manage their national side, but it does help in your pursuit of happiness. Any one from anywhere can declare job interest, but in getting that job, being of ones birth country, and of the country of job interest does help in recieving that pay packet weekly. Also...............Indonesian football association might look to having a German or an Englishman to manage their national side rather than an Indonesian because of the general assumption that europeans would be better at it ,(than indonesians), which is propably true. So in conclusion........your nationality does play a fairly important part in a few aspects of the game, like getting a national managment offers. (phew)

Aphrika said:
............Indonesian football association might look to having a German or an Englishman to manage their national side rather than an Indonesian because of the general assumption that europeans would be better at it ,(than indonesians), which is propably true. So in conclusion........

No disrespect, but i think you didnt unerstand me...
"....in my current game im Seychellois and i have been asked to work for Germany, Poland and Argentina...."
Ok, maybe in beginig of sentence i havent expressed very well, but in some way i was right... It isnt very big matter from where you are, your skill is playing bigger part ! That's for sure !

Don_Gorgon said:
No disrespect, but i think you didnt unerstand me...
Ok, maybe in beginig of sentence i havent expressed very well, but in some way i was right... It isnt very big matter from where you are, your skill is playing bigger part ! That's for sure !

Sure, there might be a small language barrier here. I completly agree with you that your skill plays most important role, and your success. Nationality does have a part in it too. Aren't we lucky that SI have had plenty of years to improve this great game and make it the most realistic management game of all eternity! So many things to consider when playing it, yet, it can be played very simply too. ps.....Where is Sebia? (Is it Serbia?)

Ok, then we managed to fix this misunderstood :eek:) Yes, we are all very lucky to have FM ! Man, days and days infront of the monitor...
Yes, it's Serbia... I overviewed that :eek:) It's in the Balkan Peninsula; Eastern Europe north of Greece and west of Albania and the Adriatic Sea, south of Hungary...

Now, i have one question ? How do you make those screenshots ?

Don_Gorgon said:
Now, i have one question ? How do you make those screenshots ?

You may have to elaborate on that question. What do you mean by 'screenshots'? There are no screenshots in this thread, if you actually mean 'screenshots' this is not the right thread for it. If you mean Avatars, then looking at yours you obviously know how. If you don't know how, save your favourite Logos off the internet place them next to each other in any basic paint program like "Paint", and there you have it. If you mean the image`s that LivingDragon has as a signature, can't help you. Havn't ever needed to learn. Living Dragon............

Aphrika said:
You may have to elaborate on that question. What do you mean by 'screenshots'? There are no screenshots in this thread, if you actually mean 'screenshots' this is not the right thread for it. If you mean Avatars, then looking at yours you obviously know how. If you don't know how, save your favourite Logos off the internet place them next to each other in any basic paint program like "Paint", and there you have it. If you mean the image`s that LivingDragon has as a signature, can't help you. Havn't ever needed to learn. Living Dragon............

No, no, i know how to put Avatar, and its not those Dragons things... I meant on pictures of your games, you all put like attachments... Dont know how to say this.. How to take a picture from game... Aah... Man, screenshot...

Last edited:
Don_Gorgon said:
No, no, i know how to put Avatar, and its not those Dragons things... I meant on pictures of your games, you all put like attachments... Dont know how to say this.. How to take a picture from game... Aah... Man, screenshot...

Think i'll join in the quote knicking lark :)

havn't properly read all the posts 'cause I can't be bothered but yes.. screenshot for whatever reason, it's easy to do and stuffs :p

And to half way down the page, noone gives a toss what nationality you are, it's how good you are and your record... guarentee Czech's will always go for you :)

heh lets see who criticises me :p

"print screen" (next to scroll lock and above insert) on your keyboard and then you can open up paint and paste it there or just on your destop i think.

I always seem to struggle at international level. I won everything you could in England with Everton and was offered the managers job with Sweden, even though i continued to perform well in the domestic competitions i just couldnt do anything at international level.