Joshdavies33

Reaction score
Hi all
I?ve taken over as manager of Burnley after starting unemployed and have been in charge 10 games having won 7 drew 1 and lost 2 and unbeaten in 8 having lost my first 2 games but my job is insecure!!
Has this happened to anyone else?
Just to add they were bottom of the league when I took over now we are 3 points clear of relegation

Are you complying with board philosophies like "play attacking football" or whatever the Burnley board wants?

There was no agreed philosophies when I joined. I've finally got my status to stable after winning manager of the month. could've been because we were in relegation when I took over possibly?

That's probably it. It makes sense that the board of a relegation threatened club is trigger happy out of desperation. Same happened to me on last year's FM.

Usually takes a little while before they change to stable if the club is in a bad way in the league.

I have experience the same thing and Im sure its a kinda a bug thing. What happens is whatever preseason expectations they had preseason is carried over to you, meaning if they preseason was gunning for promotion, well the board will still expect a least a high league finnish, Im 99% sure of this. Took over Grimsby or stockport cant remember who, but they had like only 4 points after 11-12 games or so, got them in play off but lost and got fired as I had failed to meet the boards expectations. IRL Im sure the board will recognize you took over a team without confindence got things turn around and was close to promotions, I mean my average point per game would have won me the league if I had the team from season start, still the board thought I didnt lived up to expectations..its just ridiculous...never got asked in the job interview about league expectations...

Also, if you are on a relatively low wage contract, your job security is naturally lower - the board won't have to worry about hefty compensation when axing you.

make sense, but why would they sack you if you do a good job, like op he got a 7-1-2 record and taken the team away from relegation and his job is insecure. why?!! the problem is when you take over a team midseason, that board expectations is just plain unrealistic. in my case, I took my team from third from the button to the play off, still not good ennough!!

Also, if you are on a relatively low wage contract, your job security is naturally lower - the board won't have to worry about hefty compensation when axing you.

This seems very important this year, as soon as you get a contract for a few years it will move closer to the other end of the scale.

I was manager Man U and I got offered a new contract after a few months and I did what I always do, which is go to negotiate and change my wage offer to the lowest possible.
A few months later I got a msg in my news saying that I had a good start to my career but my position wasn't secure and wouldn't cost much to get rid of me.