avaldeso

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This will be my first try at making a FM story.

I wanted to start with the actual save that i have, but I had too much talent in my team (AS Saint Etienne) and my profile got me a good job (International Player and Continental Pro License) without the need of searching for a job, i turned down Chivas and Santos From the Mexican League.

In this new save I will start in the lowest of the lowest. with no job
View attachment 329850View attachment 329844View attachment 329843

Let´s start the search for a job
View attachment 329842

These are the Clubs with no Manager. I have applied to all of them ( i Hope that they don´t laugh at me!)

Will keep you posted!

Well No luck with Bolton, Hartlepool, Leyton Orient, Port Vale and Chivas!
But for my surprise Union Sportive Colomiers from the French National League offer an interview.
View attachment 329832View attachment 329831

I think that i had a good interview, the only thing that i see as a trouble is that they questioned that i don´t know the language and why did i applied to other jobs.

Let´s wait for their response!

Are you gonna be loyal to Colomiers if you get the job? Oh and they are predicted bottom aren't they?

Last edited:
Well it seem´s that they are far more desperate than me! I GOT THE JOB! Nice!!
View attachment 329828

Now down to business!
F...! This is going to be a hard challenge!
View attachment 329826
My complete squad (including Reserve´s and Youth)
View attachment 329825
My best player
View attachment 329824

Nobody said it would be easy! If i wanted easy i would have started a save like too many people coaching Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern, etc...

Let´s get US Colomiers to glory! my aim is to get them to Ligue 1, I will not change team, even is Real Madrid wants my service, The goal us the get the team to the top!!!

I don´t have much to work on but let´s see what type of formation can i do!

I´ll Keep you posted!

Hi Jacob, i was just posting that!! jajaja YES I WILL! I will be with them until they don´t want me!

Ok Setting up the tactic was a hard one for me, as I usually have more quality & Players at my disposal (I have 18 Players in total, counting the automatic fill ups!) I will only sign players that are free and less than 20 years old.

So this is the tactic that i will try.
Mentality: Counter. Team Shape: Highly Structured. Everything else below!
View attachment 329807View attachment 329806View attachment 329803

I have a intra squad game, I don´t know who will i play as I only have 18 PLAYERS!!!

Will keep you on the loop!

Ok, I started great with my tactic, but it seems that the players are feeling the Preseason or the depth of my squad is taking a toll on me!
Friendlies results at the moment.
View attachment 329750
As i mentioned It started great, now playing against better opposition and they are putting me at me reality!

Just sign this Defender on a Free it seems that he has the potential of being a good player!
View attachment 329747

I think the only mistake i have made is that i requested the Board to improve the youth facilities, but i think that they will cut my budget!
View attachment 329746

We are close to the start of the season, let´s keep working the team!

I´ll keep you on the loop.

PS If my story sometimes does´t make sense is because English is my second language! sorry for that!

Honestly, I wouldn't take the time to upgrade the facilities. You never know how long you're going to be there/when you're going to get fired. If this was going to be the team you spent the rest of your career with, I could see investing in the facilities. But when you could be gone by the end of the season, why take the time to do so? Just my two cents. Liking this so far, keep it up.

Thanks JMocks, that is why i said it was a mistake! I know! Maybe they fire me before the half of season, who knows let us see if my 10+ years of experience in FM comes in handy! jajaja

Well i lost yet another friendly, but on a good note it was versus Sporting a way way way better team than mine.
View attachment 329703

Got my second free signing another youngster 15 years old with a good potencial
View attachment 329702

As i mentioned before, I will not sign any foreign nor above age 21 to my team! That´s a real challenge!
Two more friendly games left.

I´m thinking of adding another tactic but as my team is Semi-proffesional I don´t know if they can handle 2 tactics at the moment.

In case that i do add another tactic, i´m thinking of doing a 2LFB-2CD-1DM-MR-MC-MC-ML-FWD again same mentality and Team Shape, direct style or maybe a Contain version with changes to Counter, in few words "Park the Bus" jajaja

Will keep you on the loop!

Last edited:
Ok Now i´m worried!

The team lower their performance in the last game, the game vs Brescia they play great holding them to goals even that they dominated the game!
View attachment 329689
But the last friendly game it was a complete F...k Up! Vs a Lower team the played like Sh...! I wanted to fire 2 players that had below a 5 in their performance, but i have only 20 Players in my team, I don´t have that luxury!

This is the recap of the Friendlies, the future is not looking good for USC! More work to be done!
View attachment 329687

I´ll keep you on the loop!

Last edited:
The job on the line! My debut was a pathetic performance from my team and my self! i Couldn´t guide them to victory and lost!
View attachment 329681
We deserved better but that is Football!
Then again as i was mad because of the last game, I made changes in the formation had a good game, but the other team had a striker in a great moment, even though that i made changes in OI, set tight marking and close down, he kill my defense! (I have 2 15 years old in my defense, no excuses!)
This is the result
View attachment 329676

I will park the bus the next game and change to overload in the last 5 minutes to see how it goes! At this moment my permanence on US Colomiers is at risk! We have to perform!

Keep you on loop!

EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA!!!! WE WON!!!!!

I had to make changes, i had to go with my gut! I change the tactic to my favorite one, forgetting that they may not be able to adapt to this tactic, To my surprise with just minor changes, THEY DID IT!!!
This is the original tactic http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...018-tactic-solution-idea-4-2-2-2-4-2-4-a.html

These are the changes
View attachment 329654View attachment 329653View attachment 329651

And finally the Result!! I was a huge underdog, but TAKE THAT!!!
View attachment 329650

I just hope that this is a new start for my team!! I´ve Seen the light!!!

I´ll Keep you on the loop!!!

Huge 5-1 win. Hopefully you can build upon it.

UPDATE

After a Huge first win, we lost again! playing horrible many mistakes, it was a match that we should have won easily, but we lost!
View attachment 329639

The next game, against the league leaders (at that moment) we tied the game but it was our for the taking, a mistake from my defense and we gave away a penalty kick!
View attachment 329635

Next Game, Against the league leader again (again at that moment), A huge win! We dominated the match, in the second half They thought they had already won (My team) and we had to contain the attacks, from 2 shots at the end of the first half they made 8 only in the las 15 minutes, almost lost the game!
View attachment 329634

we are in 12th place right know, against all odds, Amazing one of my best players is on International duty, believe it or not (International with Madagascar).

Next game and last for the moment (I have to finish an Business Proposal by 7pm, I just hope that my boss does´t come to my office at this moment).
In a goal pack match, we made a comeback a won 4-3.
View attachment 329632

That´s it for the moment, later if my wife and daughter let me, i will try to keep going!

I´ll Keep you on the loop!

Last edited:
Honestly, I wouldn't take the time to upgrade the facilities. You never know how long you're going to be there/when you're going to get fired. If this was going to be the team you spent the rest of your career with, I could see investing in the facilities. But when you could be gone by the end of the season, why take the time to do so? Just my two cents. Liking this so far, keep it up.

I second this. I wouldn't exactly have marked this club as my end destination, and I'm not sure you should either.

That money could have better (and more selfishly) been spent on getting you a license increase as to increase your training capabilities.

started off shakey but have picked up some nice results which im sure you can build on!

I second this. I wouldn't exactly have marked this club as my end destination, and I'm not sure you should either.

That money could have better (and more selfishly) been spent on getting you a license increase as to increase your training capabilities.

I agree! it was a mistake! I know, i wanted to to go for a license but the club didn't allow me to go! as soon as i have a window to get the license i will go! The idea of accepting this club was to make it a real challenge, to go from scratch to glory, where is the challenge of coaching a team with good or average installations.

started off shakey but have picked up some nice results which im sure you can build on!

Getting better every game, i will post more result later on, I had a great result in the french cup and we are currently in the 7th place in the league!