Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenAFC

Reaction score
_67662168_jody_craddock.jpg

Jody Craddock: Wolves defender retires from football at 37
Former Wolves skipper Jody Craddock has retired from football, to bring to an end a decade at Molineux.
The 37-year-old scored 17 goals for Wolves in 237 appearances following his arrival from Sunderland in 2003
The club's longest serving player, whose last first-team appearance was in December 2011, has been granted a testimonial for his 10 years' service.
"I always loved playing for Wolves, and gave it my all. I'm really pleased the club requested a testimonial," he said.
"And I'm delighted the testimonial has now been granted. I am looking forward to sharing this year with the supporters."
Craddock will give a proportion of the proceeds to the Birmingham Children's Hospital and Balls to Cancer charities.
The Redditch-born defender made a total of 581 senior appearances in a career spanning 20 years which started at Cambridge United and took in Sunderland before he was signed by Dave Jones in 2003 for ?1.75m following Wolves' promotion to the Premier League.
Despite relegation from the top flight at the end of that season, Craddock stayed at Molineux to become club captain, helping Wolves bounce back to the Premier League in 2009.
But, after just one league start in two years, he now believes that the time is right to call time on his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.