John Terry's Press Conference Right or Not??

Are you For or Against Terry's Press Conference??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Obviously everyone has heard the goings on in the last 2 days about this Terry press conference and everyone has their opinions on it. My view is that Terry just said what the whole nation is thinking and needed to get it accross to Capello and he hoped that players would back him. It looks like the players may have cowered away from this and it has made Terry look like he was in this on his own. I think it was refreshing hearing this and it made me think that maybe something would be done but obviously i was wrong. Its sticking to your guns but it seems to me that Fabio is a very Stuben old man that just wants to score points against the media/fans by not listening to their views. So basicly i just want to know do you back Terry for his Press Conference or are you against what he said.

Obviously everyone has heard the goings on in the last 2 days about this Terry press conference and everyone has their opinions on it. My view is that Terry just said what the whole nation is thinking and needed to get it accross to Capello and he hoped that players would back him. It looks like the players may have cowered away from this and it has made Terry look like he was in this on his own. I think it was refreshing hearing this and it made me think that maybe something would be done but obviously i was wrong. Its sticking to your guns but it seems to me that Fabio is a very Stuben old man that just wants to score points against the media/fans by not listening to their views. So basicly i just want to know do you back Terry for his Press Conference or are you against what he said.
i think he said what needed to be said, but maybe not how it needed to be said. however im ****** by how the squad have cowered away from it, and not shown any backbone. if you're not happy then say so. dont just turn out shoddy performances and not have the balls to air your views

This is the kick up the backside that Capello needed, hopefully this bloke from Italy will stop being lazy and do his job properly from now on.

This is the kick up the backside that Capello needed, hopefully this bloke from Italy will stop being lazy and do his job properly from now on.
sorry what? the one thing you cant accuse capello of is being lazy.

sorry what? the one thing you cant accuse capello of is being lazy.

Pfffffffftttt over 2 years into the job and still needs an interpreter, that smacks of laziness to me. When he called Gerrard over two the touchline during the Algeria game he got his name wrong so he does not even know the names of the players lol.

For 100+ grand a week I'd quite happily live under the rules of Capello's regime whilst proudly representing my country in the biggest footballing event there is. A few weeks of hard graft to become an immortal in the sporting history of your country -- seems like a fair swap to me. Terry should be glad that he doesn't live in the real world becuase if he did, he'd probably be getting his p45 in the post shortly. Stop talking, start playing :)

Btw, bit early to slag off Capello -- England were utter garbage when he took over and 2 games do not make a World Cup.

Pfffffffftttt over 2 years into the job and still needs an interpreter, that smacks of laziness to me. When he called Gerrard over two the touchline during the Algeria game he got his name wrong so he does not even know the names of the players lol.
could you speak fluent italain in 2 years? no. be quiet then. and he doesnt rely one, jst uses it from time to time, we've seen him do interviews without one time and time again. if you dont know about capello go and do some reading.

think terry definitely needed to confront him but quietly and behind closed door. because capello is authoritarian and he was always gonna come out on top.

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

For 100+ grand a week I'd quite happily live under the rules of Capello's regime whilst proudly representing my country in the biggest footballing event there is. A few weeks of hard graft to become an immortal in the sporting history of your country -- seems like a fair swap to me. Terry should be glad that he doesn't live in the real world becuase if he did, he'd probably be getting his p45 in the post shortly. Stop talking, start playing :)

Btw, bit early to slag off Capello -- England were utter garbage when he took over and 2 games do not make a World Cup.
this. people so easily forget the state england were in pre capello

what a **** thread, isnt there already another thread? or is a pointless poll 'that' important.

David james - The invitation has been there before for senior players to be allowed to comment to the manager.
'If people have got a problem and something to say, then say it.
'We will, I'm sure, say what we need to say.

What jamo said, wouldnt say the rest of the squad have cowered at all.

could you speak fluent italain in 2 years? no. be quiet then. and he doesnt rely one, jst uses it from time to time, we've seen him do interviews without one time and time again. if you dont know about capello go and do some reading.

think terry definitely needed to confront him but quietly and behind closed door. because capello is authoritarian and he was always gonna come out on top.

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

this. people so easily forget the state england were in pre capello

The qualifying group was easy as pie so he does not deserve credit for that, the proof of the pudding is at the World Cup and he has failed so far by picking useless camel Heskey and sticking Gerrard on the wing. This is down to laziness in my opinion, he has the line-up from the qualifying games saved on his computer so he is just copying and pasting it for every game lol.

The qualifying group was easy as pie so he does not deserve credit for that, the proof of the pudding is at the World Cup and he has failed so far by picking useless camel Heskey and sticking Gerrard on the wing. This is down to laziness in my opinion, he has the line-up from the qualifying games saved on his computer so he is just copying and pasting it for every game lol.

Useless? by far Heskey and Gerrard were not the worst performers on either matches. If you look at Euro just before he joined how can you say he's failed...absurd.

really easy as pie? croatia were beaten comfortable, yet they were ranked 8th at the time, higher than either of the teams in the world cup, and we didnt qualify in our last internation campaign did we? its a fact that we have impved markedly from where we were. so im not sure what you're point is. heskey was actually one of the better peformers in the opening two games

Last edited:
It was a similar strength to the euro 2008 qualification group pre capello where we finished 3rd level on points with israel. It has nothing to do with laziness. He probably stuck with 4-4-2 for so long because it was so succesfull in qualifying and we didn't do badly vs the USA. It failed dismally vs Algeria and i'm sure he'll change it.

Not sure if Terry did the right thing. Maybe was a bit ill judged.

really easy as pie? croatia were beaten comfortable, yet they were ranked 8th at the time, higher than either of the teams in the world cup, and we didnt qualify in our last internation campaign did we? so im not sure what you're point is.

My point is, I don't like to call for anyone to be sacked but I think our only hope of getting to the next round is with a change of management before wednesday, I think Harry Redknapp would do a good job.

my point is, i don't like to call for anyone to be sacked but i think our only hope of getting to the next round is with a change of management before wednesday, i think harry redknapp would do a good job.

rofl, nuff said.

My point is, I don't like to call for anyone to be sacked but I think our only hope of getting to the next round is with a change of management before wednesday, I think Harry Redknapp would do a good job.
really, you think sacking him 1 day before our game will work. im sorry but do you even understand football, and how that would NEVER happen

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

Who cares?

What's done is done.
you make an excellent point. im done with this convo, gonna go hunt down some bandits in red dead

really, you think sacking him 1 day before our game will work. im sorry but do you even understand football, and how that would NEVER happen

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

you make an excellent point. im done with this convo, gonna go hunt down some bandits in red dead

Well the situation in the England camp is similar to whats happening with France so it is clear that Capello has lost the dressing room and change is needed before Wednesdays game.

Well the situation in the England camp is similar to whats happening with France so it is clear that Capello has lost the dressing room and change is needed before Wednesdays game.

It is in no way similar to France's situation.