John Terry's Press Conference Right or Not??

Are you For or Against Terry's Press Conference??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dont know if anyone read phils mcnulty's blog on the bbc website, but he sums up the kind of media thats wrong in our country. 2 days ago he was writing blogs on "england in crisis, a squad divided" and now its "capello restores control" one extreme to the other, just bullshit. one thing the world cup has highlighted to me is just how much i loathe the majority of the media

I Agree that the media are plain **** stirrers, and i also believe they are piling the pressure on the england players.
The headline of E.A.S.Y (england, Algeria, Slovenia, Yanks ) is just an example.
No offence to the english people here, but most of you guys expected so much of your players, now look:S
Hope You's Go Through Though (A)

What Terry said is right and his passion was there for all to see, but he should never have said it infront of the press -- he should have gone to Capello because, to be honest, Terry knows more than anyone that the media would latch onto this. He isn't even the team captain so he had no right to try and force Capello's hand like he did.

What Terry said is right and his passion was there for all to see, but he should never have said it infront of the press -- he should have gone to Capello because, to be honest, Terry knows more than anyone that the media would latch onto this. He isn't even the team captain so he had no right to try and force Capello's hand like he did.
exactly, this is capello, not sven, or mcclaren. there could be only one winner, and it wasnt going to be the chelsea man

apparently capello is hard to aproach as a manager and when terry was captain he did go to capello alot because as you can see he is forceful. it dosent seem to me gerrard is the type to try and force his opinion on capello so the only way for terry to get his point across was through the media.

I Agree that the media are plain **** stirrers, and i also believe they are piling the pressure on the england players.
The headline of E.A.S.Y (england, Algeria, Slovenia, Yanks ) is just an example.
No offence to the english people here, but most of you guys expected so much of your players, now look:S
Hope You's Go Through Though (A)
its not just expecting loads. i just expect some sort of perfomance. not the drivel we have seen. but you're right, the hype and expectation is utterly insane

it dosent seem to me gerrard is the type to try and force his opinion on capello so the only way for terry to get his point across was through the media.

I Dont Particularly Agree, Gerrard has been captain of liverpool for more than a good while now, he knows how to get what he wants and im sure he had a few "discussions" with Benitez during his tenure.
i think JT is naturally an outspoken personality Though :p

but think we can all agree something had to give, if we play even half as bad as that on wednesday we are done.

I Dont Particularly Agree, Gerrard has been captain of liverpool for more than a good while now, he knows how to get what he wants and im sure he had a few "discussions" with Benitez during his tenure.
i think JT is naturally an outspoken personality Though :p

yer thats what i mean i just think terry is naturally the best leader in the squad. and i dont want to bring this up but when england qualified for this world cup and got so mych praise for it who was captain??

its not just expecting loads. i just expect some sort of perfomance. not the drivel we have seen. but you're right, the hype and expectation is utterly insane

Ahh yeah like i said, most. But almost everyone in english, and irish media, before this world cup, had expected this english team to pretty much run-a-muck in the group. But in this type of competition you are always guarenteed surprises. New Zealand And Chile are great examples (H)

but think we can all agree something had to give, if we play even half as bad as that on wednesday we are done.

oh yer without a dout, slovenia are no mugs but its a team england should be beating without much dout in our heads.

Ahh yeah like i said, most. But almost everyone in english, and irish media, before this world cup, had expected this english team to pretty much run-a-muck in the group. But in this type of competition you are always guarenteed surprises. New Zealand And Chile are great examples (H)
very true. chile i expected to do well, been following them for a while bacues of their unique way they play, am a big fan of bielsa. but we have seen some great shocks this world cup, and in that i take some small comfort

oh yer without a dout, slovenia are no mugs but its a team england should be beating without much dout in our heads.

But when you think of the adrenaline rush slovenia will have.
a chance to knock one of the powerhouses of world football out of the world cup, cant get bigger than that.
i dont want to start the whole Henry handball thing again, but the performance our lads put out against the french was Quality, just shows how a big occaision can have a really positive effect on the "underdoggs" :)

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

very true. chile i expected to do well, been following them for a while bacues of their unique way they play, am a big fan of bielsa. but we have seen some great shocks this world cup, and in that i take some small comfort

yeah i love the way the chillians play, just attack, attack attack, but somehow they have a really stable defence, plus, alexis sanchez and vidal have been immense (H)

But when you think of the adrenaline rush slovenia will have.
a chance to knock one of the powerhouses of world football out of the world cup, cant get bigger than that.
i dont want to start the whole Henry handball thing again, but the performance our lads put out against the french was Quality, just shows how a big occaision can have a really positive effect on the "underdoggs" :)

i see were your coming from mate and oh my god i would much rather have seen ireland in the world cup than france and you definatly deserved it. with england even if we had nicked a 1-0 win against algeria we would still be moaning about the performance, if we had battered algeria and the game endedn 0-0 then i dont think we would be talking about all this but we cant even keep hold off the ball. about the 60th minute i was counting and we couldnt string 3 passes together now that is absolutely woeful at any level.

i see were your coming from mate and oh my god i would much rather have seen ireland in the world cup than france and you definatly deserved it. with england even if we had nicked a 1-0 win against algeria we would still be moaning about the performance, if we had battered algeria and the game endedn 0-0 then i dont think we would be talking about all this but we cant even keep hold off the ball. about the 60th minute i was counting and we couldnt string 3 passes together now that is absolutely woeful at any level.

About The English Performance: On RTE(irish tv channel, dont know if you guys have it) Graham Soones(sp) showed many examples of the english players slacking in possesion, and they couldnt string 3 five yard passes in a row. lampard was lazy, lennon didnt go past his man once, and gerrard was moved around like a headless chicken, but we all know this team can do much better and lets hope they do(H)

just to follow on about the media, this are the titles and times of phil mcunltys blogs:

Capello restores England control - 20:05 UK time, Monday, 21 June 2010
Is England a camp divided? - 15:00 UK time, Sunday, 20 June 2010
Clueless England on the brink - 23:09 UK time, Friday, 18 June 2010
Capello stands firm under fire - 19:41 UK time, Thursday, 17 June 2010
Capello's big calls backfire 00:39 UK time, Sunday, 13 June 2010
Can Capello end England's hurt? 22:16 UK time Friday, 11 June 2010

fickle, fickle, fickle

just to follow on about the media, this are the titles and times of phil mcunltys blogs:

fickle, fickle, fickle

thats the english media for you mate.

fickle, fickle, fickle

Pretty Much Sums Up Our Last Few Posts.. As you Said, Fickle:S

Phil McNulty is a biased idiot, i never read his blogs