John W Henry back to watch Liverpool and unveil his Anfield plan

Ride The Walrus

A pretty cool guy.
Reaction score
Liverpool owner John W Henry will watch his side at Sunderland before confirming his long-term ideas.
Henry has torn up his original plans and met interim manager Kenny Dalglish on Friday to discuss how his relationship with director of football strategy, Damien Comolli, could work if the Scot were to be appointed full-time.
Henry's presence at the Stadium of Light will be welcomed by Liverpool fans who have not seen much of him since he bought the club from Tom Hicks and George Gillett in October and who have grown impatient over the delay in talking to Dalglish about becoming permanent manager.

Today's game will be the first time Henry has seen a Liverpool match outside the city. His only previous away game was at Everton, where his team lost 2-0 under previous boss Roy Hodgson.
Shortly after their arrival at Anfield, Henry and his company, the Fenway Sports Group, appointed Comolli to be responsible for transfers, with a coach beneath him being entrusted with first-team affairs.
But Dalglish's arrival in January has lifted the club and Henry realises he should be kept on, even though he will want input into player recruitment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...erpool-unveil-Anfield-plan.html#ixzz1H5aupgab

Yaaaay.

I think Dalglish is a remarkable figure of Liverpool's history, but as a manager, he's weak.

Daily Fail and not a single quote...

I think Dalglish is a remarkable figure of Liverpool's history, but as a manager, he's weak.

Oh, is that why he won the league with Blackburn, and managed Newcastle to nearly winning the league. As well as turning around our fortunes, somewhat in two months. From the point of being twelth, to sixth.

Look how much Liverpool has changed since his arrival, and you still call him a weak manager? Nice.

It's normal that you guys disagree, he's a mythic figure that's for sure. And sure he's won that but he was what.. 10 years without training ANY CLUB? Football changes.

But ****, the last time Pool won the PL was with him back in 1990, and it was with him. 21 years is ALOT.

It's normal that you guys disagree, he's a mythic figure that's for sure. And sure he's won that but he was what.. 10 years without training ANY CLUB? Football changes.

But that doesn't matter because he's done so well. Football has changed yet he has done incredibly well anyway.

Yes he has not taken a training session for 10 years but not only has he been going to almost every Lieverpool game this season he has surrounded himself with coaches with a lot of experience. And like a surprising amount of managers he doesn't actually take the training sessions. His backroom staff do.

10 years without a club? So he moved to an island with no TV or game access. Behave fella!

Beating United home, Chelsea away and turning round form and tripling the amount of away games won this season is some feat. So is going 6/7 games undefeated. With a few clean sheets thrown it too.

No other figure could transform the LFC dressing room like Kenny. The players respect him, the fans adore him and that's for a reason. The man is a legend and deserves a permanent deal. 2/3 years, with additional years at the end of contract. NESV need to show that they trust Kenny with a rebuilding process.

Last edited:

Hardly a mythical figure for me, and I agree with everyone else apart from you.

His record speaks for himself. If you don't like his record, look at how Liverpool have been performing under him compared to Hodgson.

I didn't say he didn't deserve to have a permanent deal, in fact, if they hired Hodgson he fits the bill even more. But still, being knocked out by the current 6th on the portuguese league, with liverpool, is a bit.. meh. Anyways, call me when you win the Premier League.

I didn't say he didn't deserve to have a permanent deal, in fact, if they hired Hodgson he fits the bill even more. But still, being knocked out by the current 6th on the portuguese league, with liverpool, is a bit.. meh. Anyways, call me when you win the Premier League.

Wow, they lost one game to a decent Braga side, with their best player ineligible and their captain suspended. Aye, Dalglish is pure awful. Anyways, call me when you win 5 Champions Leagues.

Stop trolling, honestly, your embarrassing yourself, consider this a warning.

If your opinion is that Kenny Dalglish is a weak manager, you really need to read some books or some ****. I think even rival fans apprectiate Kenny Dalglish as a manager, an inspiration figure although his motivational skills and tactical nous are also very, very good. Especially when you consider how long he has been out of a managerial position. I assume had he stayed on as Liverpool manager all of those years ago, we'd have been in a much better position now, with more league titles and success.

It is trolling as you have not even given reasoning behind your ludicrous opinion.

Stating my opinion = Trolling?
Embarrassing myself = Disagreeing with people in an internet FORUM?
I rest my case.

This thread is about John Henry coming to watch a match and unviel his new plans. You come on here and just slate Kenny over losing one game against Braga and drawing another.
You say that Kenny is living on past glories. Well everybody else disagrees with you. He has performed minor miracles with the team in 3 months.

Let me point out one thing to you:
Sun 06/03/11 Sporting Braga 2 - 1 Benfica

As mentioned above,come back when Benfica win old big ears 5 times and we may listen to you.

Now back on topic, Im glad Henrys coming over again as he is showing a lot of interest in how the club is going. Hopefully he will have a talk with Damian and Kenny over summer targets and not have deals happening last minute like in January

You just disrupted things I said, I'm not even gonna
argue about this anymore, you say my Braga argument is not valid and use a game where Benfica were robbed to try to prove your point. About no one agreeing with me, I'd be worried if everyone agreed, then I'd be surely wrong.
This thread is about John Henry coming to watch a match and unviel his new plans. You come on here and just slate Kenny over losing one game against Braga and drawing another.
You say that Kenny is living on past glories. Well everybody else disagrees with you. He has performed minor miracles with the team in 3 months.

Let me point out one thing to you:
Sun 06/03/11 Sporting Braga 2 - 1 Benfica

As mentioned above,come back when Benfica win old big ears 5 times and we may listen to you.

Now back on topic, Im glad Henrys coming over again as he is showing a lot of interest in how the club is going. Hopefully he will have a talk with Damian and Kenny over summer targets and not have deals happening last minute like in January

Back