joining the army

Don't listen to these people that say 'Don't ask advice from us'. I mean, come on, the average age of the posters on this form are about ... 14. Always trust a 14 year old with your life choices.

IMO, join the Navy, free gay *** and all.

Going to an careers centre will only tell you what the job is nt what the experience is. At the moment there is going to be a lot of redunancies so joining will be tough as there not recuiting. As for other peoples silly coments against the military are very disrespectful you forget what we do for you lot so you can sit around and play FM11!!!!!

Going to an careers centre will only tell you what the job is nt what the experience is. At the moment there is going to be a lot of redunancies so joining will be tough as there not recuiting. As for other peoples silly coments against the military are very disrespectful you forget what we do for you lot so you can sit around and play FM11!!!!!

1. Going to a career office you can ask them about the experience ? its not hard to ask questions :)

2. They aren't recruiting is total BS because my cousin has just signed up to join and was being accepted. so you talk **** there.

3. I Agree some people are being disrespectful towards the army but to some level of degree they are correct in what they are saying were fighting wars we shouldn't be. and some of it is people being sarcastic as usual.

To the OP: Personally I think your only asking to get some attention because you either want to join the army or not, and if you do you know exactly what you want to do. You don't ask people what you should do especially not people you do not know. If you really want to talk to someone and not the careers office speak to your family ;)

Last edited:
Is their such a thing an RAF Engineer as It's something I have always wanted to do which sounds pretty stupid.

But I think this would be just repairing the aircraft?

or Is it just one engineer job for the whole army?

Theres Gen Tech E or A which is rigger/scooty or fairy /leckie...If you want to no more than feel free to ask. I never said they weren't recuiting I said recuiting is tough at the moment...my cousin is joining the navy too ( same job as me). There's RAF engineer officer but you need 2 A levels. You also have gen techs who service machinery like power units and also sit on C17 etc..downroutes if anything goes wrong. For the techie trades like mine you need 5 GCSE's C grade with 3 of them being english/maths/science however they do consider if you haven't depending on how well you do on the apptitude test. As for going to the carrers office you might be speaking to an adminer who has NO knowledge of techie trades as the same for me I only know techie trades so If you want to know more feel free to ask me ( 11 years experience ).
regards billy