cZeur

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right section but whatever XD

As I'm sure a few of you know, Jon Taylor - Shrewsbury is one of the best bronze players on FIFA 12 Ultimate Team, he has 91 pace I think and 4 star skills, making him a very sought after player. Being the curious guy I am, I looked him up on the FM database and I was met with an average 19 year old with average pace (12 I think). I have asked this question before but I wanted to ask it again: have SI missed a trick with Jon Taylor or are EA just trolling?

As he's only 19 and at a lower-league club, all it means is that SI/EA's sources are different from each other. While EA may have been told he's an up-and-coming gem, SI may have been told differently.

Obviously there's going to be cases like this before, and all it depends on is where the information comes from.

Hmm, from what I've heard though, Shrewsbury have got a few forward players with really good stats, not reflected in FM; makes me think EA had their troll hats on when giving Shrewsbury players their stats ;) In addition, on FIFA, Aaron Lennon has lightning pace, while on FM it is "only" 16...

Hmm, from what I've heard though, Shrewsbury have got a few forward players with really good stats, not reflected in FM; makes me think EA had their troll hats on when giving Shrewsbury players their stats ;) In addition, on FIFA, Aaron Lennon has lightning pace, while on FM it is "only" 16...

Well compared with a 20 (which in real life would work out as someone like Usain Bolt), I'd say that 16 is a rather accurate picture. FIFA doesn't count that, and instead only compares to in-game characters it seems.

Well compared with a 20 (which in real life would work out as someone like Usain Bolt), I'd say that 16 is a rather accurate picture. FIFA doesn't count that, and instead only compares to in-game characters it seems.
On FIFA I'm pretty sure he's around 90 pace? On FM, he's rated the same pace as a 33 year old Lucio (is Lucio really that quick? :eek: ) If his FIFA stats are correct then he should be 18/19 pace, which is Gabby, Walcott, C Ronaldo, Robben territory.

Half the stats on FIFA are wrong, especially outside the top leagues. As someone who knows many league 1 players inside out, many of them are nothing like their real selves on FIFA, so I trust FM more.

Half the stats on FIFA are wrong, especially outside the top leagues. As someone who knows many league 1 players inside out, many of them are nothing like their real selves on FIFA, so I trust FM more.

As soon as you go under the Championship on FIFA all the players seem to be like Helen Keller with football boots on...

im sure fifa just completely overrate players, making the like of lampard as good as david silva and ashley with pace of 93, so i think fm are far more trustworthy.

EA trolling definitely, mates a shrews fan I know all about him