Jonathan Wilson: Di Matteo's firing indicative of short-term outlook among clubs

Jonathan Wilson

Jonathan Wilson's Articles (Bot)
Reaction score
This is an age in which nobody is allowed to make a mistake. Nobody learns on the job any more. A manager loses a handful of games, and he's out. There's no sense that he might learn from his errors, put things right and come back stronger in the future, or at least not at the same club. Everything must be instant.
EdulCTkcRBo

More...

It was a ****** joke that he got sacked...I'd like to see SAF win games without Vidic, Ferdinand & Evra for the busiest 2 months in the football calender

amen to the above post
i really rated him as a manager

but i reckon its something behind the scenes thats gone on, probably something to do with how much of a hands on role our sporting director has with things

also heard from an agent to 6 players at the club (hes a member of the same golf club as me) that the players weren't too confident in di matteo

im gutted hes gone but i think its a little more than 'just a bad run of form'

It was a ****** joke that he got sacked...I'd like to see SAF win games without Vidic, Ferdinand & Evra for the busiest 2 months in the football calender
To be fair 13 out of 18 lost is unacceptable Tiraths. I dont really agree with the sacking, but i can understand why they did it.

Some chairmen and owners seriously need to give their heads a shake and tune into sanity FM. Unfortunately its Sky and the TV money which has created this by making the top flight so financially desirable.

To be fair 13 out of 18 lost is unacceptable Tiraths. I dont really agree with the sacking, but i can understand why they did it.

if u look at the great start he had, with a fit squad, then you'll realise he would have easily kept the baggies up