Jonathan Wilson: Potential candidates to replace Roy Hodgson at Liverpool

Jonathan Wilson

Jonathan Wilson's Articles (Bot)
Reaction score
Rightly or wrongly, Roy Hodgson's time at Liverpool seems to be coming to an end. Some will argue that he should be given time, and it is of course true that various managerial greats -- Herbert Chapman, Don Revie, Brian Clough, Sir Alex Ferguson -- struggled in their first seasons at clubs with whom they later achieved significant success. But it is also true that Hodgson, much like Sam Allardyce in his brief stint at Newcastle United, seems to have lost the confidence of just about everybody, with even those fans who urge patience unsettled by the functionality of much of Liverpool's football, even against mediocre opposition.
klaeQIcahOg

More...

tell you what, when someone like wilson starts talking about replacements, you are well and truly up **** creek

as ive said on a post before its ragnick for me good all round coach on and off training pitch and who likes to use youth so with that in mind maybe we could improve in that department and bring in the younger players or at least with a change in youth policey get the better of the youth floating about

It's the picture of Deschamps that scares me. As good as he may be it would worry me if he was given the job, gives me nightmares of a Santini/LeGuen situation.

Very good, as ever from Wilson. Interesting bit on Stolbakken, didn't know he was a candidate.