• Thread starter Thread starter dazdazdaz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazdazdaz

Reaction score
im just watching sky sports news and jonjo shelvey is in talks with liverppol for a 1.7 million pound move

Hmm, we will have to wait and see won't we.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36026 - Some info here.

'As part of the potential transfer, the two clubs are also in talks to develop a strategic partnership involving the development of players in both directions.' - Thought this bit was interesting too.

Another fantastic talent playing reserve team football next season then!

Im sick of teams doing that!!

Fabian Delph is an absolute prime example, GREAT player,

warms seats for his teams mates... pathetic!

The end of another English prospect. Surely it would have made sense for Shelvey to go to a club where he will play. He will make maybe 10 apps next season.

I thought Delph had, had a lot of first team football this year for someone so young.

He has hardly played at all!
Made mostly 10 minutes substitution appearances in the first team

but considering the previous season he was a key player at Leeds playing every game, he isn't really young with the amount of experience he already has attained

The end of another English prospect. Surely it would have made sense for Shelvey to go to a club where he will play. He will make maybe 10 apps next season.

whats wrong with that? he's what 18, he shouldn't play more than 10/15 games in the premiership, as he isn't that standard yet!

But we've got a good reserve team that always do well, and if you look at some of the players coming through, our academy, reserves etc isn't that bad, their just not english (N)

it's slightly off topic but i do feel that reserves teams should be allowed to enter the league system like over in spain.

Yeah he has played a lot for Leeds but League 1 is a totally different league to the Premier League tbh.

I thought Delph had, had a lot of first team football this year for someone so young.

He is out injured until the end of the year, and he has played 13 games all season.

Come on, let Delf, Delph, Shelvey and other wonderkids to Newcastle where they can develop. :D

13 appearances is not bad for a 20 year old though in the Premier League. He is going to get more next season, at least 20 I reckon. Then he will probably be breaking into the first team after next season.

10/15 games! you really think thats good enough for a football hungry youngster, With a **** of a lot of talent!

and the reserve league i don't care how good your team is, has no competitive nature compared to real professional football what so ever!

Shelvey would retain a much better education staying where he is than sitting on the bench at anfield!

10/15 games! you really think thats good enough for a football hungry youngster, With a **** of a lot of talent!

and the reserve league i don't care how good your team is, has no competitive nature compared to real professional football what so ever!

Shelvey would retain a much better education staying where he is than sitting on the bench at anfield!

Yeah he will get a far better understanding of the game playing around players like Frazer Richardson and Sam Sodje than he will playing around with Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard :S

I agree with the influence of other players, don't get me wrong that will definitely help.

But really the ultimate development tool, is playing games consistently, and forming a place in a team, learning your trade with a hands on approach

or feet even oO)

Fair enough but I reckon he will learn much more at Liverpool than he would staying at Charlton. Just your opinion, hope he goes into the first team though rather than the reserves and I also hope the fans and Rafa aren't expecting him to be the next Gerrard.

Fair enough mate ;)

i suppose time will tell wont it to be fair, if he is a success and breaks his way into the first team more times than not then his development will be massive.

however if he becomes a season ticket holder, then maybe not.

I think he will become a great player regardless whether it works for him at Liverpool, if he has to move on from you then so be it.

And very good point, im sure there will be "next gerrard" statements slapped around
lets hope it doesnt!

He'll get a buzz and confidence for just signing for 'Pool. If Gerrard plays as little as he has of recent years, he;ll get some first team apperances.Though i worry that Pacheco may get less noe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back