Jordan Rhodes - Can't get him to score...

cooper795

Reaction score
Basically, I'm Huddersfield in my 1st season, sitting second in League One.

However, I get the feeling that if Jordan Rhodes scored as many as he should then I'd be top by an absolute mile.

The problem is that he seemingly can't score for ****:

View attachment 229778

I play him and Lee Novak up top, and here is how I play them:

View attachment 229776View attachment 229777

Novak has 20 work rate and 14 off the ball, so I guessed he'd be good at moving into the channels to free up space for Rhodes, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I also tend to play with 2 holding midfielders and get my team to play down both flanks as there tends to be little creativity in the middle of the park. If I am against weaker opposition I might play with as Adv PM support or CM attack.

I've tried playing Rhodes as both a poacher and advanced forward, but neither have worked and I've made him the team target man, but this also hasn't worked. He is also as unfruitful playing up top on his own in a 4-3-3 formation.

Can you see what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Do I read correctly, it's Jordan Rhodes that you cannot get to score??:O Play him as a poacher. Next to a DLF he will work wonders

Do I read correctly, it's Jordan Rhodes that you cannot get to score??:O Play him as a poacher. Next to a DLF he will work wonders

But I do exactly that, and he can't score at all!

I would change the Instructions for Jordan Rhodes like closing down to own area, creative freedom down to the edges of little but still on normal, run from deep to never and let novak do that for him
Hope this helps