mikeybee09

Reaction score
This is my attempt at recreating SLB's Tactic. i have 2 tactics where the biggest change between the 2 is one is with a Target man and one is with a Poacher. I use the Target man tactic against teams i think have a weak back line and i use the Poacher tactic against teams with a slow back line.

Im not that great at creating threads with much detail so if anybody has any questions then please ask them. I let my assistant do everything for me.

Last edited:
Very nice tactic, maybe I will test this one. Are their any teams you prefer to test the tactic with?

Id like to try it with PSG because of there creative players. and with the pace and strength of Ibra. he could easily play both the roles of poacher and Target man. others that would be good are Athletico madrid. Real Sociadad. AC Milan and any of the top English teams.

hm i disagree with some stuff in the tactic comparing to how benfica plays in reality. benfica doesnt play a direct passing style. the defensive line tends to be pretty high. and they tend to play from the defense and work the ball into box i think. what do you think?

To an extent i agree but i just feel this is the closest i could get to the Benfica style with it actually working. my tactic doesnt have a direct style it uses both short and direct.

To an extent i agree but i just feel this is the closest i could get to the Benfica style with it actually working. my tactic doesnt have a direct style it uses both short and direct.
hm okok thank you. and why fejsa deep lying playmaker? why not a ball winning midfielder or half back?

i needed someone to link the defence to attack. someone that can create and also help out in defence.

Just to let everybody know. im into my 3rd season with Benfica and i didnt suffer from second seaso syndrome. i have now one the league twice and won all domestic cups. ive also had very good champions league campaigns in which last season i would of got to the semis but i got a red card in to 56th minute and couldnt keep Arsenal out of my goal after that.

This tactic really does work and this is the first time ive actually been able to enjoy the game.

Im currently trying it with Everton now and this is how my season is going.

This is how my season ended. i lost a few more than i would of liked but i got a few injuries and with Everton's thin squad i had to play players out of position.

hmm ive been trying out this tactic but im watching some issues comparing to reality. the wingers dont help the full backs that much just like as the strikers that dont participate that much in the defending phase like benfica does, maybe with fluid or very fluid philosophy they would do it. and the width. benfica defends in a compact block.